CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:59 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 2:36 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Some believe they have blasphemed against the Holy Ghost and cannot be saved. Therefore, it is very important to know what blaspheme against the Holy Ghost means. Many have seen this passage in different ways. However, we must remember that the final authority for truth is always the Bible not what any man thinks. To understand the passage, we must ask several questions concerning this sin.

First: Let us look at what blaspheme means:
1. to speak of (God or a sacred entity) in an irreverent, impious manner.
2. To revile; execrate.
3. Lacking or exhibiting a lack of reverence: disrespectful.

Second:
God, Jesus, and The Holy Ghost are as one, they are the Trinity. That leads us to the next question can you blaspheme against the Holy Ghost without blaspheme against God and Jesus?

Third:
lets first look at what blaspheme against the Holy Ghost is not.
The apostle Paul is a good place to see what blaspheme against Holy Ghost is not because of the things he did before he was saved.

1. The church is made up of believers that have been saved and the Holy Ghost is within every believer. So can you be disrespectful to the church without being disrespectful or blaspheme the Holy Ghost? Paul was very disrespectful to the church and the believers of the church. Before Paul was saved, let us look at what he did to church. In Acts ch 9. Saul, which was later, named Paul, yet breathing out threading and slaughter against the disciples of the Lord, and wanted to put them in prison, men and women. In addition, Paul was at the death of Steven a preacher for Jesus and consenting to it.

In 1 Timothy 1:12-15 And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who hath enabled me, for that, he counted me faithful, putting me in the ministry; who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief. And the grace of our Lord was exceeding abundant with faith and love, which is in Christ Jesus. This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am chief.

Yes, Paul had disrespect for the disciples and the church. That is not blaspheme against the Holy Ghost even though the Holy Ghost was within the people Paul persecuted.

2. Peter denied even knowing Jesus even though he was a believer. In fact, when they came to arrest Jesus Peter cut off the high priest servant’s ear with a sword. However, later on after they had arrested Jesus they took Him to Caiaphas the high priest. Peter followed afar off into the palace of the high priest and he sat with the servants and warmed himself by the fire. Some maids came by, saw Peter, and said to him that he was a follower of Jesus and Peter denied it and said he was not even though earlier he had cut off a servant of the high priest ear when they came to arrest Jesus. Another maid came and said to Peter that he was a follower of Jesus and Peter denied knowing Jesus again, another maid came by and said are you not a follower of Jesus. Peter again denied knowing Jesus and began to curse and swear.

Jesus and The Holy Ghost are as one, so did Peter blaspheme against the Holy Ghost? No
People in the bible and in our world today have blasphemed God, Jesus, the church, and believers etc. Yet many of them change their minds and repent.

Let us look at some of the things Jesus said.

1. Jesus said all sins would be forgiven. Whom, where and when would they be forgiven

2. He said blaspheme against Holy Ghost would not be forgiven.
Refresh your minds on what the word blaspheme means with the definition I gave in the beginning.

When Jesus was on the cross suffering for the sins of the world He said these words Father forgive them for they know what they do. The past, present, and future was represented there at the cross. When Jesus asks the Father to forgive them for they know what they are doing, I believe the Father did as Jesus requested.

Your sins and my sins is what crucified the Lord Jesus.

Up to the present, there are people that are disrespectful to the church, God, Jesus, and the Holy Ghost yet some repent and get saved.

In short, here is what I believe Jesus meant when He said all sins and blaspheme shall be forgiven, but he that blasphemes against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven.

Jesus said on the cross Father forgive them for they know not what they do. The world’s sins are what crucified the lord. Since the Father, Jesus and the Holy Ghost are one (The Trinity) how could you blaspheme one without blaspheme all three?

Answer: There is a difference in the ministry of the three; Jesus came to give his life a sacrifice for the sins of the world.

The Holy Ghost comes and convicts men, women, and children of their sin telling them to receive Jesus as their savior.

To reject the calling and conviction of the Holy Ghost and not repent is blaspheme against the ministry and work of the Holy Ghost. The world that does not believe in Jesus, to die in that state there is never forgiveness. That does not mean if you reject today the conviction of the Holy Ghost that you cannot receive Jesus as your savior tomorrow. However, once you reject you are in danger of eternal damnation and if a person dies in that state, they will go to hell without hope of a better day.

For example: Let’s pretend you are at the white throne judgment you are not going to be put into hell for breaking the ten commandments of God because Jesus said on the cross forgive them for they know what they do.
If a person says to God, I never had a chance to be saved or I have never rejected Jesus, or I never blaspheme against the Holy Ghost. God will say do you remember the time when that preacher was preaching telling you to trust and believe in Jesus for your Lord and savior but you refuse to do so. That was the Holy Ghost within that preacher convicting you of sin telling you to turn to Jesus, repent, and believe the gospel but you would not. Therefore, in reality, since you rejected forgiveness there will be none.

I Personally, I believe if a baby dies, he will go to heaven even though he was not born again because the Holy Ghost had never convicted him/her. In fact, until a person hears the gospel preached and is convicted by the Holy Ghost I believe the lord Jesus forgiveness applies. To blaspheme the Holy Ghost is simply rejecting the gospel message. The Holy Ghost not only works through preachers to convict sin but through every born again person of God. The reason people do not get to heaven is that they reject the Holy Ghost message to believe in Jesus. To reject Jesus forgivingness there is no forgiveness.
I realize there are many teaching on the unpardable sin but to me the above is the correct one.

Jesus said: John 14:26 But the Comforter which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, He shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Jesus said: John 16:7-9 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send Him unto you.

And when He is come He will reprove (convict) the world of sin, and of righteouness, and of judgement:

Of sin, because they believe not on me;

The sin of the world that will cause people to die and go to hell is not believing and accepting Jesus as savior.

There are many scripture that give assurance of salvation if one will believe in Jesus.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

There is no footnote saying unless he has blaspheme the Holy Ghost.

Romans 10:8 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

John 6:37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

Your comments are welcome.

Profile  WWW

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 6:51 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

I'm not sure why this is in the General Forum but Buckshot will probably move it. The only person Jesus actually spoke of that he had "lost" was Judas, the "Son of Perdition". The only unpardonable sin is blasphemy of the Holy Spirit. Since those who did not understand they were sinning were among those Jesus asked forgiveness for obviously ignorance and refusal to believe due to lack of the Holy Spirit's conviction are not blasphemy. They won't necessarily get to heaven but they have not committed that unpardonable sin, they just hadn't been pardoned for the other sins they did commit. What Judas did wrong was to walk with Jesus and study his teachings as one of his very own disciples, know the truth, see the miracles, call Him Lord, and understand exactly what he was doing when he turned Jesus over to be killed. That is the unpardonable sin - to know and believe the truth and be counted among Jesus' own and then turn around and reject it anyway. He demonstrated that he knew what he did by committing suicide. That is my opinion of what the unpardonable sin of blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is. I'm not sure what the difference is between what Judas did and what Peter did except that maybe Peter denied Jesus out of fear and Judas did it out of greed and Peter didn't reject Jesus' godliness he just couldn't speak out at the moment it mattered. Obviously, Peter was forgiven since he was filled with the Holy Spirit and power and went on to have a huge impact on the world for the gospel.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:52 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Thanks, Mickey, I've done a lot of church-going and a lot of Bible reading, but I've never heard the unpardonable sin explained like that. It makes perfect sense.