CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:47 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: sabbath day
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:08 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

i am new to this forum have enjoyed it so far just wondering what your thoughts are on the sabbath day (working, hunting, fishing, etc.)

romans 1:16 for i am not ashamed of the gospel of christ for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth;to the jew first, and also to the greek

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:07 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Is this Redsrule?If so,how are those patch hounds doing?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:32 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

no it is not. this is preacher man from tn. i am new to this forum.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 12:58 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Glad you found the site Preacher man.I thought you might had been Ricky.He's a preacher man also but runs beagles.If you run across him ,tell him I said hello.Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:19 pm 
IP:
i know i try not to work, and just about dont go huntin or fishin, but the day is for relaxation and prase so if that is how u relax and prase, that is up to u and GOD.

that is just my two cents

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:53 am 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

For me and my family we try to keep the sabbath as a day that is totally different than any other day in our week following the pattern of God resting after six days of creation. Not that I believe God was tired but He wanted us to know it was good for us to set back and enjoy life a bit. We include being at church as a high priority and dinner together with family and friends. At times I have to work on a Sunday and in my work I employ someone to work on Sunday morning up to 7am. I supervise the security dept. at a small college so someone has to cover the overnights and holidays every day of the year. At times I have fished or hunted on a Sunday but I make a point not miss church for either. I also make a point not to spend all Sunday afternoon parked in front of a TV. We may catch game highlights from football or baseball but I won't have that be what my Sunday is focused on. We get out and walk or play in the yard and sometimes go have some fun walking the hound and toting a shotgun with us. During deer season I will skip Sunday dinner to hunt but that is one week of the year when I take time to seek solitude and time with God as I am in the woods. Looks like this year I won't be deer hunting with our family finances being tighter than ever. I'll still get out and watch for deer and take that time to be alone some. Just no shotgun or license this year. That'll make it easier to catch a nap. I have no problem holding off from doing any shopping on Sunday, or any other day for that matter. LOL During the fall we will occasionally rake leaves on a Sunday and shovel snow in the winter. Some chores like that need doing and if you delay you may miss your chance to get it done. If the fall weather is clear and warm you really are better off outside being active. Cold weather will bring us many days of staying inside from Dec to March.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:19 pm 
IP:
I don't do anything on sunday. God in the old testiment, had a man stoned for picking up sticks...some of you might recall that, so i don't hunt, cause that is death, same as fishing, sometimes they die, i don't do any kind of work. Now sometimes things come up...the bible also talks about it, about the ox...some were along the lines of this, if the ox falls in a ditch on sunday, its ok to get him out, but don't let him fall in saturday and weight to sunday (it didnt' say saturday or nothing like that, i was just wrighting it as it is for me) i also dont' spend money, cause that is of the world and not of god..and sunday is about your family and god...not the woods..i have 6 other days for that..so im all family..also the bible says you can pick your own sabbath day, just to keep it holy. Thank you, god bless and safe hunting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:22 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Sabbath=Saturday, not Sunday. The changing of the Saturday Sabbath to the Sunday "Lord's Day" was the work of the Roman Catholic church.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:18 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

It is true that the Sabbath is on Saturday but it is also true that observance of the Sabbath was a covenant made with ISRAEL,an old covenant that is history."But if the minisration of death,written and engraven on STONES,was glorious,so that the children of Israel could not steadfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be DONE AWAY: How shall not the ministration of the spirit be more glorious ? For if the minisration of condemnation be glory,much more doth the minisration of righteosness exceed in glory.For even that which was glorious had no glory in this respect,by reason of the glory that excelleth.For if that which is DONE AWAY was glorious,much more that which remaineth is glorious." 2 Corinthians 3:7-11
"In that he saith,a new covenant,he hath made the first old.Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away." Heb 8:13

Post subject: post subject
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 11:31 pm 
IP:
Sunday is about the only time some preachers work. If they
get paid for preachering on sunday is that there work day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:05 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

actually, since I went into full time ministry, I have never been busier...

also, there is a difference between the law of Moses and the Law of God (10 commandments) one was written by man through inspiration of God, and the other (10 commandments) were written by God. Most people agree that the 10 commandments are great, until you bring up the Sabbath issue, ever notice it is the only one that starts out "remember".

Post subject: Re: post subject
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:32 pm 
IP:
dwoocox wrote:
Sunday is about the only time some preachers work. If they get paid for preachering on sunday is that there work day.

there doing what god requires them to do, so there4 it is ok, cause there spreading the word.

Post subject: Re: post subject
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 5:58 am 
IP:
no_bablin wrote:
dwoocox wrote:
Sunday is about the only time some preachers work. If they get paid for preachering on sunday is that there work day.

there doing what god requires them to do, so there4 it is ok, cause there spreading the word.

SO GOD ALSO THINKS IT IS OK TO WORK SUNDAY [

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:28 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

again, Sunday is not the Sabbath. It is known in modern times as "the Lord's Day". The day Christ rose from the grave, also in the book of Acts, the disciples came together on the first day of the week in worship and fellowship, this set up the modern calendar for "church" on Sunday.

Post subject: Prchrmn
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:15 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

I believe that the scripture I quoted was speaking of the ten commandements as I don't know of any other law that was written on stones.I'm not a Sabbatarian but I would think that a strict interpretation of the Sabbath covenant would even exclude church attendance on the seventh day.And the Lord said unto Moses,"How long refuse ye to keep my commandments and my laws ? See for that the Lord hath given you the sabbath,therefore he giveth you on the sixth day the bread of two days: abide ye every man in his place,let no man go out of his place on the seventh day." Exodus 16:28,29