CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:02 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Pentecostal??
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:03 pm 
IP:
I was just curious how many people on here go to a Pentecostal or Apostolic church?
Rick Mayberry

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:27 am 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

Back in the early days of the Pentecostal Church it grew out of an agreement to disagree with the Christian and Missionary Alliance church. Did you hear of the Azusa Street Revival? That was around the time where our churches said good bye. We were not part of the group that believed that tongues was THE sign of being Holy Spirit baptized but that it was one part of many signs and gifts that mark a believer who is filled with the Spirit. Our church services are not so charismatic as Pentecostal services but more than Presbyterian or Baptist services would be. The founder of the C&MA was a Presbyterian pastor, A. B. Simpson, who kept leading new immigrant Italians to Christ but his wealthy church in NYC was not real comfortable with 'THOSE PEOPLE' so he left and worked only with believers who were willing to GO INTO ALL THE WORLD AND PREACH THE GOSPEL. That was back in the 1880's. He taught that being filled with the Holy Spirit was for all believers and necessary for the deeper life and sanctification. It was some years later when there became a divide on the issue of what was the visible evidence or evidences that someone was Spirit filled. God has blessed and seen both groups bear fruit so it must be that it worked out. My church still keeps close ties to Assemblies folks and we accept each others pastoral credentials. Aimee Semple McPherson was one of ours but went with the Pentecostal folks. Any of you ever read A.W. Tozer? He was a C&MA pastor in the 40's and 50's whose writings have been helpful to pastors and lay people. Lots of his sermons were taped at the time and can be heard at CMALLIANCE.org. There's some interesting stuff in evangelical church history from that time period of the 1870's to 1920's. Still it's all yesterdays' manna, can't hang onto it and live off it, we need fresh stuff from God everyday to be following him, amen?

caught some spelling errors later after I posted

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:12 pm 
IP:
i am an apostolic pentecostal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:34 pm 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

im apostolic penecostal!!!!

Ive hunted almost everyday of my life, the rest have been wasted!!

Post subject: reply
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:41 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

im apostolic.

And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory. 1Timothy 3:16.

(706)889-5083

Wrights Midnight Blue Kennels

Post subject: Apostolic
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 5:21 pm 
IP:
Paraise the LORD guys!!!! Keep'em comin'!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:57 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

i'm apastolic pentecostal too.What churches are you guys from and who are your pastors

Post subject: NEW LIFE APOSTOLIC
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:31 am 
IP:
IN MOSSY GROVE TN
PASTOR ANTHONY PEMBERTON

Post subject: pentecost
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:23 am 
IP:
hello brothers and sisters!!! my name is eddie harp, i pastor the Bread of Life church in stigler oklahoma. my question to you is are you a new world pentecost or the apostolic pentecost that came out of the upper room, there is quite a differance you know. most of the modern day so they say christians won't even live right, let alone obey the scriptures. Jesus said if you love me, obey my commandments!!! not hard you see.
some of the modern day churches, and yes even pentecostal churches have forgotten to seek out the old path and walk in it. search out your heart , be honest with yourself, and live a christian life don't just talk about it.

let your light shine
may the Lord Jesus bless you
eddie harp
918-967-3444

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:10 am 
IP:
i go to Belton pentecostal church, our pasture is mike foster, and our assistant pasture is mikey foster,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:45 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Hello I'm glad theres other apostolic pentecostals that hunt. In our local church theres alot of us that deer hunt together but i'm it for the coon huntin. Glad to talk to ya brothers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:34 am 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

i go to the christian lighthouse in new philiadelphia ohio! we just built a new church to hold 500 cant wait to fill it up! pastor is Kermit Hall

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:04 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

:D :D I'm with ya'll brothers!!

Post subject: Praise The LORD!!!!!!!
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:44 pm 
IP:
:P Way to go guys!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:23 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

i also am pentecostal i attend belton pentecostal church in kentucky and i am 16 years old and been going every since i was born.