CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:28 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: prayer in school / FYI
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 2:01 pm 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

I see this alot, on this board and others and hear lots of folks say it. I often hear about how "prayer was taken out of school".

This is just something I think we as Christians need to be more informed about. The idea that "prayer has been taken out of school" is more fiction then fact. If you've believed that prayer is illegal in school, I understand that as it's been screamed from pulpits, message boards and any other forum Christians can find.

But the fact is it's 100% legal to pray in school. Teachers can pray. Students can pray. Teachers can pray together. Students can pray together. A teacher and student can pray together. All 100% legal. If you don't think so then I would ask you to pm me any law stating otherwise.

What is illegal is a teacher leading a student in prayer or a prayer meeting. Many Christians have overreacted to this and assumed this means "they've taken prayer out of school". Me personally I think it's a good thing that teachers can't lead my kids in prayer. With so many teachers going to very liberal colleges and many not even Christians at all, why would I want them leading my kid in a prayer. And with teachers holding different religions other then Christianity, why would I want them leading my kids in prayer? I wouldn't want a muslim, hindu, homosexual, atheist, mormon etc...... leading my kids in prayer would you? So for that reason I think it's good not to have teachers leading prayer in school.

But the bottem line is that it's legal to pray in school. So the next time you hear a brother or sister in Christ worried or complaining about "taking prayer out of school" you can assure them it's o.k. to pray in school. Shoot, try it.... go to your local school, have a seat and pray.... see if you get arrested, I bet you won't.

I write this because of the mass amounts of forwards I get from well meaning Christians that contain false information and misquote people. Before you forward any e-mails that quote any person or coorperation, please check the source and facts first. We as believers are guitly of lying and gossip when we forward these e-mails that contain facts that are untrue.

dk

Join the forum today and remove this ad!