It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:54 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Women Preachers...
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:47 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

What's your opinion?

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:52 am 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Unpopular as it may be, Scripture is clear about this one. I don't, and won't support a woman pastor. I do believe the fact that women were uneducated in Paul's time played a large part in some of his comments..... but not the only part of his thinking. I believe God created men to be leaders and women to be supportive. That sounds sexist in the context of our times but I think it needs to be pointed out that a man is the LEADER of his family and Church, not the BOSS. The leader and the supporter are equals in my mind, just different roles, but equally important.

jmo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:14 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I agree.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:48 pm 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

I agree!!!!!

Ive hunted almost everyday of my life, the rest have been wasted!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:27 pm 
IP:
agree

Post subject: Re: Women Preachers...
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:02 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

CougarGal07 wrote:
What's your opinion?

Women preachers....Not biblical.

ACTS 16:31

Post subject: here I go
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:11 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

It's not really an education matter, women in the day of Paul had education in home that related to caring for their families or working in business of some kind. Think of Lydia who sold purple dye, she made decisions and sounded like she was someone to recon with. Paul's point is that there is a level of authority that pastors hold that God has reserved for men to hold and be held accountable for. That doesn't mean that women can't have authority in the church but that they should not have authority over all the leaders, whether you call them elders or deacons, trustees...whatever the name is in different churches. My church has official licensed workers that are women. They can teach at all levels here in the US or in other countries. Some of them are Dr's either medical or academic, lot's of them are missionaries along with their husbands or they are single and serve with the rest of their colleagues. They have a voice and help make decisions but the burden of final authority is not on them. It is a pattern that God established in Eden and you see that in a Christian context women have more voice and authority than they do in non-Christian countries. Look at any Islamic country or Hindu and ask how are women treated. Even worse look at Buddhist countries, women and kids are treated terribly as slaves or worse. Jesus wasn't afraid of women who served in ministry but he did not appoint women as apostles but he still had women who worked with his disciples. In a harsh world though he chose to keep them out of the ruckus when he was arrested on the Mt. of Olives. Men and women both have roles to fill in ministry and no role is greater or lesser, just different. Just like husband and wife are equal but have different roles in a marriage. Paul uses marriage as the image of Christ and the church. It breaks down if the church were to become the authority over Christ. That's why the male was designed by God to be the authority and the female the helper. Where it breaks down in the sinful world is when men assume authority becomes license to do whatever they want. That is sin, Christ will not do anything out of selfish interest but only what is best for the Church. By Church I mean all those who follow Christ as the ONLY way to be reconciled to God by Jesus' death and resurrection as a sacrifice for our sins. Men and women both get bound up fighting over their roles in marriage and society, leads to lots of wasted time and effort. Enough from me I suppose.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:22 pm 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Well I originally said that it's not Biblical to have women serving as pastors.... however it seems like we all agree on that... not a single person on here is disagreeing with it......... so maybe I should change my position. It just doesn't seem very Christian-like of us to all agree and not argue a little, LOL.

dk

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:24 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

Grits or hashbrowns? Bacon or sausage? Ketchup or tabasco on eggs? Problem is I like all of those, no wonder I'm built like a bear looking for a den.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:39 pm 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

houndsound

That is the problem today. If the christens would stop fighting over doctrine, and what “one thinks the bible means”, and focus on what God has called us to do "win the lost" we would be truly Christ like. There would not be any where near the problems of today’s world. Why you ask, because we would be united together as an un-dissolvable chain or one sacred society of brothers and sisters among whom no strife and discord would exist. And all this ungodliness would not be a problem.
Our children would still be starting the day at school with adult lead prayer, the pledge would be recited, evolution would not be in the curriculum, and the moral fiber of today's society would be the better for it.

Just my opinion and my daily prayer, that this nation would once again feel the revival like in the days of George Whitfield.

PR VESTAL'S NITRO JACK (Gone But Not Forgotten)
MY SON MY PRIDE AND JOY!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:43 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

We had a talk similar today at this christian camp I went to:
What does it matter how we do it as long as we are serving God: Men or Women or Child.. Arent we supposed to just serve him and no other.

" You cannot serve two gods, not yourself or another.. You can only serve me as your God, the heavenly father"

That is how our preacher says it, " I am no preacher but I stand here to help you guide through this walk with Christ, We can walk together and help one another out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:48 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

if things are not done according to scripture, it will not edify the church nor will it help lost people.women preachers is not according to scripture.there is no way she can be the husband of one wife .and paul said but i suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. 1timothy 2:12 any time you are preaching god gives you authority over the congregation under the direction of the Holy Spirit .

romans 1:16 for i am not ashamed of the gospel of christ for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth;to the jew first, and also to the greek