CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:08 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:50 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Hi, I have somthing troubling me that I thought I'd run by you all but I don't want to offend anyone. I consider myself to be a christian but I don't forse my beleifs on anyone else. We have in our town a large congregation of Jehovas whitness'. As I say, I let people alone to worship as they please BUT these folks wont leave me alone. they knock on my door every week trying to get me to join they're church. I politely tell'em I have my own church, my own beleifs ( they wont take no for an answer). The other day I went to an auction and I beleive they got ahold of the auction register because several people that were there , including me, are now getting phone calls from these folks want us to join their church(what they call kingdom hall). My question: How do you deal with folks like this and still try to be respectful? Do i ignore them or what? thanks for any advice or comments.
I should also mention that if anyone responds with their own christian beleifs these folks get very offended. :?:

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:58 pm 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

First things first! They do not accept Jesus Christ as Lord andSavior, therefore they are NOT christians. Tell them you don't agree with their doctrine and don't want further contact with them!

Mel

Profile  WWW
 Post subject: reply
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:32 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

well first, if they deny JESUS, they are of the devil, becuase Jesus said your either for me or against me, and they are against Jesus. So with that said, I would say Devil in the name of JESUS get behind me. or you could take a calmer aproach, which ever you prefere.

And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory. 1Timothy 3:16.

(706)889-5083

Wrights Midnight Blue Kennels

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:51 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

We have our share of those here in Memphis too. They canvas entire neighbourhoods on foot. I try to be polite to them because that is the way I was raised but they are persistant. Finally, I got disgusted one day and told them that I had my own church and that I was Roman Catholic and they went away. Haven't seen them since. ( I'm not Roman Catholic, but it worked) they're gone!!!

Kathryn L. Baxter PhD
kbaxiclaudius@comcast.net

K-BAX of Tennessee
Plotts and Foxhounds
901-270-8580

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:35 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Thank you fo all your replies. Most folks are ready to welcome new folks into the fold on a sun. morn. And Yes, I beleive that folks should have the right to worship however they please but not to push their beleifs on others. I don't knock on their door on a sat. and tell them they aughta join my church. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:46 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

I wholeheartedly agree and if I'm not mistaken, one of the main reasons that people moved from other parts of Eorope to this country (when it was first founded) was the freedom of worship. Which means, the freedom of being able to worship without forcing beliefs and practices on others. That sort of defeats one of the original purposes of the Bill of Rights-doesn't it?
We are all supposed to be Christians and regardless of the demoninations,
supposed to have the same goals and purposes in mind. I have to agree, there are some groups out there, especially the one that has been mentioned earlier today, that just don't leave well enough alone. Sometimes, you just have to do what ever it takes within reason to get the point across to these folks... Usually, around here, after a couple of times, they go away.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:20 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

first off remember they are not Christians. Second, being polite does not mean being a push over.

Tell them you think they are wrong in their beilfs and why. As Christians we need to remember to be respectful of others but remember also that the Bible says there is only 1 way and that is through Christ. All others are wrong. Yet again, we don't have to be rude but we don't have to back down from our beliefs either.

I would like to refer you to a website that has alot of information about other religions this one included. Remember not every Morman, Muslim or whatever is going to agree with the beliefs stated in the website, but the information is still acurate. Just like not every Baptist belives the same as the next. GL and i hope you have the opportunity to share with them the real TRUTH!

WWW.CARM.ORG <-----Check this site out!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:43 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Thanks, I'll check it out. kb

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 6:25 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

We was just settin down for easter dinner when the dogs started in barking and I discovered a bunch of JW's on the porch with their literature. ON EASTER SUN. Don't these people have any conscience at all??? Well I know it aint christian but I've had enough and I sic'ed the house dog on em. He wont bite but he does jump and he had muddy paws. :shock: I suppose I did wrong?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 6:53 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Did you do wrong???? Naaaaaaah... They should have known better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:42 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

Sparky, they probably left feeling that they had accomplished something that will get them some good witnessing points. These folks sort of keep score and work there way up to being champion witnessers. They get more credit for being swore at and treated rudely. I wouldn't do either but as long as your dog won't bite someone I think you showed restraint. The JW's thrive on feeling islolated and persecuted. Sadly, lots of their kids grow up in some hellish situations. Guilt, made to feel not valued except for achievement, not able to have friends outside of their JW group and if caught in "questionable circumstances" with a member of the opposite sex then guilty by default. My wife had a friend in high school that she was only able to talk to her during school hours. In later years she reconnected and learned that her friend had been forced to marry some dude from their Kingdom Hall after they were found to have had an hour of walking together without a chaperone. The real deal was this boy was a buddy that she could talk to about the abuse(physical and sexual) at home but their marriage was forced by both families. She and he divorced later because she never could be a wife to him or vice versa. They were to much friends like bro and sis. I hear this sort of family pattern in the JW's is not unique. This gal has no contact with her folks anymore, they won't talk to her since she shamed them (ha) by leaving the group and divorcing. SAD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:31 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

I used to enjoy the Jehovah's witness' coming to my house. I say used to because they don't come here anymore.
I would invite them into my house and break out the bible and go to war.
It is a duty as a christian to tell folks about Jesus. They are wrong in their beliefs about Christianity and are telling others that wrong view of Christ.
One thing about the Jehovah's Witness, they get out and spread they're version of Christ so in that light they are better than alot of Christians I know including me.
Something else to consider, if your going to confront these folks you better have your bible ducks in a row because if you don't they'll take you to school. Unlike most Christians, most of JW's study hard and will make you look like a fool unless your prepared for battle.
We had afew Mormans around for awhile too. Young boys doing their missionary duties and I had afew good talks with them. I don't know if I said anything grand but I hope some seeds got watered with them.
Your bible is your sword, learn how to wield it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:23 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Well put Plott Dog... You're right.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:47 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Christmas morning, 2006...we were all gathered at my folks house when a car came in the driveway and Jehovah's Witnesses got out. They started their pitch and I interupted and suggested in a strong but firm voice that they leave the property, never to return all the while reaching for my shotgun.

It's difficult for me to tolerate someone that openly doesen't believe in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.

Alan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:04 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

you all have a good point . ENGLISHHOUNDHUNTER :shock: :shock: 8) :lol: