CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:13 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 10:15 pm 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

i was saved in november, 06. i used to be a drunk and so i hung out with drunks. now i'm a christain and i hang out with christains. going to chruch is the high point of my week. my minister asked me to be the custodian of the chruch and so now i have a special purpose! the sun shines a little brighter, everyday!

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject: THOUGHT
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 6:48 pm 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

blueberry420, YOU MADE ME THINK OF SOMETHING MY MOTHER ONCE TOLD ME. SHE HAD ASK ME WHY I DID NOT COME TO OUR CHURCH (WHICH I WAS RAISED IN, AND WAS VERY ACTIVE IN) MUCH ANYMORE ? I TOLD HER I DID NOT LIKE THE PREACHER. HE WORE WHITE PATTON (SP) LEATHER SHOES, DROVE A LINCOLN, AND WAS VERY POPULAR WITH THE LADIES. MOTHER WOULD NEVER HAVE SAID ANYTHING NEGITIVE ABOUT ANYONE, BUT DID SAY THIS :

"THAT IS YOUR CHURCH, THAT IS OUR CHURCH. THE MINISTERES COME AND GO. BUT THAT WILL ALWAYS BE OUR CHURCH. HE WON'T ALWAYS BE HERE. MAYBE YOU WILL LIKE THE NEXT ONE BETTER. YOU DON'T ABANDON YOUR CHURCH JUST BECAUSE YOU DON'T LIKE THE PREACHER THAT IS THERE NOW".

I HAVE NEVER FORGOTTEN THAT LESSON. I SEE FOLKS JUMP FROM CHURCH TO CHURCH, AND JUST SHAKE MY HEAD. I THINK SOME WANT BE THE CENTER OF ATTENTION MORE THAN THEY WANT TO HEAR THE GOOD WORD. TO EACH HIS OWN I GUESS. AT LEAST THEY SHOW UP. I, LIKE EVERYONE ELSE, COULD DO BETTER.

CHARLES

DNA-P GRCH "PR" GATEWOODS DOG NAMED HORSE, GRCH "PR" GATEWOODS BIG CREEK BLUE CORKY, GRCH "PR" GATEWOODS BIG CREEK BLUE SARGE, GRCH "PR" GATEWOODS BLUE DOG TIMBER JACK, GRCH "PR" GATEWOODS BIG CREEK BLU SHADOW, GRCH "PR" GATEWOODS ATCHAFALAYA MAGGIE, GRCH "PR" GALLOWAY'S BLUE INDIAN BETTY, GRCH "PR" GATEWOODS BIG CREEK BL DEE DEE, GRCH "PR" GATEWOODS NORTHERN OUTLAW LADY, GRCH "PR" GATEWOODS BIG CREEK MS DAISY

http://www.myspace.com/bigcreekblueticks

Profile  WWW
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 10:26 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

The church I grew up in was started 200 years ago by my family. It's a Methodist church now. My kinfolks are buried there and I thought I would always go there and be buried there myself.
As I grew up I decided I didn't like some of the people who went there they being hypocrites and all and I stopped going to church at all.
Afew years later as God was whispering to me to come back I realised I shouldn't be going to church looking for perfect people but to worship.
As for the hypocrites, they're still there and I realised Jesus didn't say to follow after church people but to follow him so I didn't need to worry so much about them.
As it turned out I got serious about God and my church was a social club.
Things were going on in the church that shouldn't and my wife and I went to the preacher at the time and the next preacher that had came in, (if your a methodist you know what I'm talking about),
nobody wanted to stand up for doing what was right because it may hurt feelings. Doing that may cause some to leave the church...etc.
Meanwhile, the methodist denomination was turning away from their roots as a great evangelical tool of God, in my opinion, that I was completely disgusted and left the church of my boyhood. My family and I have visited many churches and now have found one that I think will be our home. Alittle church hopping is good sometimes to get you out of the comfort zombie zone we so easily can get into.

Post subject: Plott dawg
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 11:08 am 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Plott dawg, YOU GUESSED IT ! I AM A METHODIST, AND ALWAYS WILL BE. WE PRETTY WELL KNOW HOW IT GOES DON'T WE ? HAVE SEEN THINGS HAPPEN IN ALL DENOMINATIONS THOUGH. I THINK THE ******* ARE THE MOST FUN TO WATCH. NO DON'T ASK, THERE IS NO WAY I'M SAYING WHICH BUNCH I'M TALKING ABOUT. :lol:
TICKLED YOU FOUND A PLACE YOU FEEL AT HOME. GOOD FOR YOU !
CHARLES

Profile  WWW
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 11:21 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Well thank you. The methodist need good people to stay and fight.
With my local church problems and the denomination I had to go.

Post subject: JUST MY OPINION
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 12:22 pm 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

DOESN'T MATTER TO ME WHAT IT SAYS ON THE DOOR, WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER. KEEPING THE FAITH IS WHAT IT IS ALL ABOUT. IT IS NOT OUR JOB TO JUDGE OTHERS !! IF WE JUDGE OURSELVES EVERYDAY, ALL WILL FALL IN PLACE.

red-b-cooner, DO WHAT IS RIGHT FOR YOU, GO TO CHURCH, DON'T GO TO CHURCH, BUT NEVER LOSE YOUR CONNECTION. TALK TO THE MAN EVERYDAY, FOLLOW THE 10 COMMANDMENTS, NEVER DENOUNCE THE LORD, BE A PROUD BELIVER, AND I THINK YOU WILL PROBABLY BE JUST FINE. THERE ARE MANY THINGS SOME SAY WE ARE "REQUIRED" TO DO TO GO GUARANTEED 1ST CLASS. I'M JUST AN OLD SOLDIER FOR THE LORD. 2ND CLASS IS OK FOR ME, JUST AS LONG AS I GET THERE.

GOD BLESS US ALL

Profile  WWW
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:19 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

god is our father and the church is our mother you cannot have a birth without both. when i got saved i had a desire to be in church the next thing i wanted was to be baptized and join the church. i am not saying if you dont go to church you cant go to heaven but if it is possible to go you will want to if your heart is right with the lord

romans 1:16 for i am not ashamed of the gospel of christ for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth;to the jew first, and also to the greek

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 3:31 am 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

Paul writes that the church is like a bride for Christ waiting for the wedding. Now as a guy that seems odd to be part of being a bride but the point is that Jesus loves the church and one day will come to be with the church or call the church to be with Him. It's fine to have our personal worship and prayer times at home or wherever we are but being a part of a church and finding a church home is essential to a committed walk of faith as a christian. It would be like a baby being born and never wanting to be close to its family. That baby is not going to grow and thrive without someone to help it and nurture it. As we grow and mature in our faith we need to be there to serve and help others who are coming to Christ as babies in Christ. Is it possible to be a christian and not go to church? Sort of like being a swimmer without ever going into water more than knee deep. Don't hesitate to jump in and find some deep water. Lots of stuff in churches has happened to make folks scared or want to stay away but that's no reason to abandon something that Jesus began. He will come back soon and then it won't be church anymore but just being with Jesus. And Jesus ain't boring or a hypocrit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:30 pm 
IP:
GreenCooner24 wrote:
Do you believe you have been born again???

"Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God" (John 3:3).
[/b]

I agree with him!!! god said that the men, have to go to church 3 times a year!!! he never said every sabbath! now that wouldnt' hurt in all honesty! and yea you should read your bible! how else would you no our god/jesus....you have to have FULL heart..not when convenint! *this isn't said meanly, im not judging you in ANY way...so please dont' take offense!!* thank you, god bless, and safe hunting!

Post subject: three times a year??
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:33 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

Hey no-bablin, where does the Bible say that? Not sure what you are referring to, is that something out of the Levitical law about when the Israelites had to go make sacrifices and offerings? Tell me what you are thinking of. I know plenty of men who think that Christmas, Easter and a wedding or two is regular church going. Problem is when you look at lots of those types you see their priorities are upside down. Kind of like if I say I love my wife but hardly ever at home or talk very much to her.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:31 pm 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

All this stuff about God loving His bride, the Church, or needing the Church to grow is absolutlely true..... but there is nothing in the Bible, ecspecially the NT that defines Church as a group meeting in a Church house, defined by activities, having a paid pastor and worshiping every Sunday morning. Church is a living body of people, it's a lifestyle they (we) live out collectively, it's not something you attend or go to.

This whole, "Go to Church"... "attend Church"... "do I need Church" mindset makes me want to scream. The Church is the people who believe. When you get saved you are the Church, you can't attend it, can't fake it, can't avoid it, you are the Church.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:33 pm 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

[/b][/quote]
and yea you should read your bible! how else would you no our god/jesus....![/quote]

I don't know.... how did the millions of believers know God/Jesus before the printing press??????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:30 pm 
IP:
houndsound wrote:
[/b]

and yea you should read your bible! how else would you no our god/jesus....![/quote]

I don't know.... how did the millions of believers know God/Jesus before the printing press??????[/quote]

Don't you think god would let the people no that he exsited..he is god? America was founded by christians....so of course people would no of him then, ive never met no1 who has never heard of him, just didn't no anything about it..they always never really cared..some actuall wanted to..but were never tough...but thats ok...god said everyone has to find there own way.. And before that, jesus came...and you had the desicples...who wen't around spreading gods word...and jesus wen't around doing miracles..with the leapord people *i no thats spelt wrong, my apologies* i guess i never answered your question though..i think what your doing is ok..thats your way, but i do think everyone should read there bible..i no its hard cause the devil always likes to put something in between you and the bible...but i think everyone should...but earlier i really didn't mean nothing by what i said...my apologies...thank you god bless and safe hunting

willseeyalater- honestly, this is the gods honest truth on my part..ive never read it...my father would study the bible alllllll day...thats what he did when he wasn't working *veteran/disabled..age an oragne* and he always made us go to church on them days, like easter and things like that...so thats where i got it from, but i will ask him the next time i see him where it talks about it at...but i guess in all honesty i shouldn't have posted it...not knowing were its located at....but im pretty sure that it did come from the jews..cause those were jesus's people..but i will deffiently ask him..thank you god bless and safe hunting. * i don't think that a wedding is church..lol..thats crazy..lol..but i no people like that.*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:39 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Houndshound.... are you referring to the mystical "Universal Church Theory"???

Last edited by GreenCooner24 on Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:56 pm 
IP:
GreenCooner24 wrote:
Houndshound.... are you referring to the mystical "Universal Church Theory"???

what is the Universal church theory? is that them collages that pretty much teach a bunch of non sense on how god was wrong? *just curious..*

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next