CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:50 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 1:52 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

JESUS CHRIST IS GOD ALMIGHTY

That Jesus Christ is Himself YHWH (1), God Almighty come in the flesh, is so obviously taught in Scripture that it is baffling to hear some who claim adherence to the Bible deny it. Yet many sects such as the Jehovah's Witnessess, Armstrongism, the Christadelphians, the Way International, etc., etc. not only make this denial but teach their followers that it is Biblical to do so!

What follows is a presentation of what Scripture teaches concerning Christ's Deity. The basic text of this article is made up primarily of Scripture passages. The King James Version is basically followed, though some ultra-archaic wording may be updated. I have italicized words necessarily inserted by the KJV translators, just as they did. Clarifications are inserted in parenthesis, and key words are emphasized for the reader using bold type. All Scripture references are in red type.
Explanatory remarks are made occasionally, but have been kept to a minimum. Any quotes or sources are contained in the endnotes.

THE WORSHIP ISSUE

God's Word is explicit in teaching that YHWH alone is to be "worshipped" (Ex. 34:14; Ps. 81:9; 97:7; Matt. 4:10/Luke 4:8; Rev. 19:10). We are given examples in God's Word of people who were rebuked, chastised, or judged for worshipping the creation (Zeph. 1:5; Acts 7:42; Romans 1:25), "gods" (Joshua 24; 2 Kings 17; 1 Cor. 8:5), idols (Lev. 19:4; 26:1; 1 Chr. 16:26; 2 Chron. 34:7; 1 Cor. 10:14; 1 Jn. 5:21), images (Ex. 20:4; Isa. 42:8, 17; 44:15; Jer. 8:19; Rom. 1:23; Rev. 16:2; 19:20), "relics" (2 Kings 18:4), material things (Matt. 16:26; Luke 12:20; Acts 17:29; Col. 3:5), "saints" (Matt. 17:4; Acts 10:25-26), and even angels (Col. 2:18; Rev. 19:10).

God says, "I am YHWH: that is My Name: and My glory I will not give to another ... For My own sake, even for My own sake, will I do it: for how should My Name be polluted? and I will not give My glory to another." - Isaiah 42:8 and 48:11.

With the above in mind, now read the following passages of Scripture concerning none other than Jesus Christ :

1. " ... (the wise men) saw the young child (newborn Jesus) with Mary His mother, and fell down, and worshipped Him (JESUS- not His mother!) ... " MATTHEW 2:11

2. "And, behold, there came a leper and worshipped Him ..." MATTHEW 8:2

3. "Then they that were in the ship came and worshipped Him, saying, 'It is true You are the Son of God.'" MATTHEW 14:33

4. "And as they went to tell His disciples, behold, Jesus met them, saying, 'All hail.' And they came and held Him by the feet, and worshipped Him." MATTHEW 28:9

5. "And when they saw Him (JESUS), they worshipped Him; but some doubted." MATTHEW 28:17

6. "But when he saw Jesus afar off, he ran and worshipped Him." MARK 5:6

7. "And it came to pass, while He blessed them, He was parted from them, and carried up into heaven, and they worshipped Him, and returned to Jerusalem with great joy ..." LUKE 24:52

8. "And he (a 'sinner') said, 'Lord, I believe,' and he worshipped Him." JOHN 9:38

9. "And again, when (The Father) brings in the First-begotten into the world, He says, 'And let all the angels of God worship Him (JESUS- Psalm 148:2).'" HEBREWS 1:6

10. "And I beheld, and I heard the voice of many angels round about the throne and the beasts and the elders: and the number of them was ten thousand times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands; Saying with a loud voice, 'Worthy is the Lamb (JESUS) that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing, And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard, I saying, 'Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto Him that sits on the throne, and unto the Lamb (JESUS) forever and ever. And the four beasts said, 'Amen.' And the four and twenty elders fell down and worshipped Him that lives forever and ever." REVELATION 5:12-14

There is no way around this fact of Scripture : Jesus Christ is worshipped. God says that He will not share His glory with "another." Yet those who deny Christ's Deity must insist that He do just this, because if Jesus is worshipped but is not God Himself, then God has given His glory to "another." Next time you speak with one who denies that Jesus is God show them the above words penned by Isaiah the prophet. As he/she reads the passage say : "You've got a serious problem there, friend!"

Reader, this is the crux of all debates concerning the Deity of Christ : He is worshipped, and that with His Own approval and the approval of the Father. He is often worshipped by Jews in the above passages - Jews who would never deny their monotheistic faith! How much clearer can it get? If this fact alone were all the proof I had for Christ's Deity, I would be on solid ground.

THE OLD TESTAMENT

Although most often speaking proleptically of Christ in His humanity, the Old Testament contains some very clear passages that set forth His Deity :

1. "(Job speaking) For I know that my Redeemer lives (present tense), and that He shall stand at the latter day upon the earth (obviously Christ at His second coming- Rev. 21-22): And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God (obviously Christ- John 1:18; 14:9; Rev. 22): Whom I shall see for myself, and my eyes shall behold, and not another (Christ is truly God) ... " JOB 19:25-27

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. "For unto us a Child is born, unto us a Son is given: and the government shall be upon His shoulder: and His Name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The Mighty God (YHWH Himself- cf. Isa. 10:21; 49:26; Jer. 32:18), The Everlasting Father (John 14:9-10; Heb. 3:6), the Prince of Peace (cf. Eph. 2:14) ... " ISAIAH 9:6

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3. "But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall He come forth (JESUS- cf. Matt. 2:1, 5-6; Luke 2:4; John 7:42) unto Me that is to be ruler in Israel; Whose goings forth (Heb. 'mowtsa'ah'= a family descent) have been from of old, from everlasting (Heb. 'olam'= eternity; cf. Ps. 90:2; Jer. 10:10) ... " MICAH 5:2

4. "Behold, I will send my messenger, and he shall prepare the way before Me (YHWH): and the Lord, Whom you seek, shall suddenly come to His temple, even the Messenger of the Covenant, Whom you delight in: behold, He shall come, says YHWH of Hosts. But who may abide the day of His coming? and who shall stand when He appears? for He is like a refiner's fire, and like fuller's soap (cf. Matt. 3:11) ..." MALACHI 3:1-2

PARALLEL PASSAGES

It is a simple matter to demonstrate that Jesus Christ is God Himself by carefully reading certain parallel passages of Scripture:

1. "(YHWH speaking to Moses - v. 5) Behold, I will stand before thee there upon the rock in Horeb; and thou shalt smite the rock, and there shall come water out of it, that the people may drink." EXODUS 17:6

WITH

"(Israel) did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them; and that Rock was Christ (cf. Psalm 18:2)." 1 CORINTHIANS 10:4

2. " ... the seventh day is the sabbath of YHWH your God ... For in six days YHWH
made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that is in them: therefore YHWH blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it (Gen. 2:2-3)." EXODUS 20:10-11

WITH

"For the Son of Man (JESUS) is Lord even of the sabbath day." MATTHEW 12:8

3. "And YHWH sent fiery serpents among the people, and they bit the people ... " NUMBERS 21:6

WITH

"Neither let us tempt Christ as some of them (Israel) also tempted (cf. Exodus 17:2), and were destroyed of serpents." 1 CORINTHIANS 10:9

4. "And Manoah said to the Angel of YHWH, 'What is Your Name, that when Your
sayings come to pass we may do you honour?' And the Angel of YHWH (God Himself - see vv. 16,22) said to him, 'Why do you ask My Name, seeing it is secret (or, wonderful - Isa. 9:6)?'" JUDGES 13:17-18

WITH

" ... He (JESUS) had a Name written that no man knew, but He Himself."
REVELATION 19:12

5. "YHWH killeth and maketh alive: He bringeth down to the grave, and bringeth up." 1 SAMUEL 2:6

WITH

"For as the Father raiseth up the dead, and quickeneth them; even so the Son quickeneth whom He will." JOHN 5:21

6. "But will God in very deed dwell with men on the earth? Behold, heaven and the
heaven of heavens cannot contain Thee; how much less this house (the temple) which I (David) have built (Mal. 3:1)!" 2 CHRONICLES 6:18

WITH

"But I (JESUS) say to you, That in this place is one greater than the temple (meaning Himself)." MATTHEW 12:6

7. "But Thou (God - v. 24) are the same, and Thy years shall have no end." PSALM 102:27

WITH

"Jesus Christ, the same yesterday, today, and forever." HEBREWS 13:8

8. "Then (Isaiah) said, 'Woe is me! for I am undone: because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips: for my eyes have seen the King, YHWH of Hosts.'" ISAIAH 6:5

WITH

"These things (Isaiah) said when he saw His (JESUS) glory, and spoke of Him."
JOHN 12:41

9. "Sanctify YHWH of Hosts Himself ... and He shall be for a sanctuary; but for a stone of stumbling and for a rock of offence to both the houses of Israel ... "
ISAIAH 8:13-14

WITH

"To you therefore which believe He (JESUS) is precious; but to them which be
disobedient the same is made ... a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence (Psalm 118:22; Luke 2:34; Rom. 9:33) ... " 1 PETER 2:7-8

10. "The voice of him who cries in the wilderness, 'Prepare ye the way of YHWH, make straight in the desert a highway for our God' ... And the Glory of YHWH shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together (John 1:14) ... " ISAIAH 40:3,5

WITH

"For (John the Baptist) is he that was spoken of by the prophet Isaiah, saying, 'The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord (that is, JESUS- Mal. 3:1; Mark 1:3; Luke 1:16-17; 3:4; John 1:23) ... " MATTHEW 3:3

11. "For I am YHWH your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Saviour ..." ISAIAH 43:3

WITH

"But ye denied the Holy One and the Just (i.e., they rejected JESUS) ... " ACTS 3:14

12. "I, even I, am YHWH; and beside Me there is no Saviour (Psalm 3:8; Isa. 45:21-22; Hosea 13:4; John 4:42)." ISAIAH 43:11

WITH

"Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is no other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved (2 Pe. 3:18)." ACTS 4:12

13. "Thus says YHWH the King of Israel, and his Redeemer YHWH of Hosts; I am the First, and I am the Last; and beside Me there is no God (Isa. 41:4; 48:12)."
ISAIAH 44:6

WITH

" ... I (JESUS) am Alpha and Omega, the First and the Last ..." REVELATION 1:11

14. "For thus says YHWH ... unto Me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear." ISAIAH 45:18, 23

WITH

"That at the Name of Jesus every knee should bow ... And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord (used in the Gr. OT for Heb. 'YHWH') to the glory of God the Father." PHILIPPIANS 2:10-11

15. "In YHWH shall all the seed of Israel (Rom. 11) be justified, and shall glory."
ISAIAH 45:25

WITH

"But of (God) are you in Christ Jesus, Who of God is made to us wisdom, and
righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption; That according as it is written, 'He that glories, let him glory in the Lord' (Jer. 9:23)." 1 CORINTHIANS 1:29-30

16. "In His (JESUS - see v. 5) days Judah shall be saved and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is His Name whereby He shall be called, YHWH our Righteousness." JEREMIAH 23:6

WITH

" ... to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness
of God and our Saviour (Grk. = 'of our God and Saviour') Jesus Christ (cf. Ro. 10:4; 1 Cor. 1:30)." 2 PETER 1:1

17. "And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the Name of YHWH shall be delivered (i.e., 'saved') ... " JOEL 2:32

WITH

"For whosoever shall call upon the Name of the Lord (JESUS - v. 9) shall be saved
(cf. Acts 2:21)." ROMANS 10:13

18. "(YHWH speaking) And it shall come to pass in that day ... they shall look upon Me Whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for Him (note the use of pronouns here) ... " ZECHARIAH 12:9-10

WITH

"(Referring to Christ) And again another scripture says, 'They shall look on Him
(changed from 'Me') Whom they pierced (cf. Rev. 1:7).'" JOHN 19:37

19. " ... YHWH my God shall come, and all the saints with Thee." ZECHARIAH 14:5

WITH

" ... at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ with all His saints (cf. 4:14; Jude 14)."
1 THESSALONIANS 3:13

20. "I am YHWH, I change not (cf. James 1:17) ... " MALACHI 3:6

WITH

"Jesus Christ the same yesterday, today, and forever." HEBREWS 13:8

21. " ... it is written (in Deut. 32:35), 'Vengeance is Mine: I will repay, says the Lord
(YHWH) ... '" ROMANS 12:19

WITH

" ... the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with His mighty angels; In flaming
fire taking vengeance ... " 2 THESSALONIANS 1:7-8

22. "Which in His (JESUS) times He shall show Who is (referring to God) the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords ... " 1 TIMOTHY 6:15

WITH

"And He (JESUS) has on His vesture and on His thigh a Name written: KING OF
KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS (cf. 17:14) ... " REVELATION 19:16

The above comparisons (by no means exhaustive) are obvious, clearly revealing that the Lord Jesus Christ is none other than God Himself. Note that in many cases the writers of the New Testament applied Old Testament references to YHWH (God Almighty) to Jesus, showing that Jesus is indeed YHWH Himself.

THE NEW TESTAMENT

1. "And (Mary) shall bring forth a son, and you shall call His Name JESUS (YHWH
Saviour): for He shall save His people from their sins. Now all this was done that
it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet (Isa. 7:14), saying, 'Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call His Name Emmanuel,' which being interpreted is, God with us." MATTHEW 1:21-23

2. "You have heard ... but I (JESUS) say ... " (2) MATTHEW 5:21-22, 27-28

3. "And, behold, one came and said to (JESUS), 'Good Master ... ' ... But (JESUS)
said to him, 'Why do you call Me good? there is none good but One, that is, God."
MATTHEW 19:16-17 (Mark 10:18/Luke 19:19) (3)

4. "While the Pharisees were gathered together, Jesus asked them, saying, 'What do you think of Christ? Whose son is He?' They said to Him, 'The son of David.' (true - see Matt. 1:1) He said to them, 'How then does David in spirit call Him Lord, saying, YHWH said to my Lord, Sit Thou on My right hand, till I make Thine enemies Thy footstool (Psalm 110:1)? If David called Him Lord, then how is He (merely) His Son?' And no man was able to answer Him a word, neither did any man from that day forward ask Him any more questions." MATTHEW 22:41-45 (Mark 12:35-37/Luke 20:41-44)

5. " ... baptizing (disciples) in the Name (4) (singular) of the Father, and of the Son,
and of the Holy Spirit." MATTHEW 28:19

6. "When Jesus saw their faith, He said to the sick of the palsy, 'Son, your sins be
forgiven you.' But there were certain of the sitting there, and reasoning in their hearts, 'Why does this man speak blasphemies in this way? Who can forgive sins but God only?'" MARK 2:5-7

7. "Howbeit Jesus suffered him not, but said to him, 'Go home to your friends, and tell them what great things the Lord has done for you, and has had compassion on you.' And he departed, and began to publish in Decapolis what great things Jesus (God - Lu. 8:39) had done for him ... " MARK 5:19-20

8. " ... whoever shall receive Me (JESUS), receives not Me, but Him that sent Me."
MARK 9:37 (Matt. 10:40; Luke 9:48)

9. "And then shall they see the Son of Man (JESUS) coming in the clouds with great
power and glory. And then shall He (JESUS) send His angels (cf. Matt. 13:41 and
24:30-31), and shall gather together His elect (cf. Luke 18:7; John 15:16; Romans
8:33; Col. 3:12; Titus 1:1) ... " MARK 13:26-27

10. "And one of them, when he saw that he was healed, turned back, and with a loud
voice glorified God, and fell down on his face at His feet, giving Him thanks; and he was a Samaritan. And Jesus answering said, 'Were there not ten cleansed? but where are the nine? There are not found that returned to give glory to God, except this stranger.'" LUKE 17:15-18

11. "In the beginning (Gen. 1:1) was the Word (JESUS - cf. v. 14; 1 John 5:7 KJV;
Rev. 19:13), and the Word was with God (Gen. 1:26; Isa. 48:16; John 17:5; 1 John 1:1-3), and the Word was God (1 John 5:20). The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by Him, and without Him was not anything made that was made (1 Cor. 8:6; Eph. 3:9; Col. 1:15-19). In Him was life (itself - Jn. 5:26); and the life (John 14:6) was the light of men (Jn. 8:12) ... That was the True Light (Jn. 3:19; 1 Jn. 1:5), which lights every man that comes into the world (Psalm 36:9; Jn. 8:12; 9:5). He was in the world, and the world was made by Him, and the world knew Him not (1 Jn. 3:1) ... And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us (Matt. 1:23; 1 Tim. 3:16), [and we beheld His glory (Isa. 40:5; Lu. 9:32), the glory as of the only begotten of the Father (Jn. 17:5)], full of grace and truth (cf. v. 17). John (the Baptist) bore witness of Him, and cried, saying, 'This was He of Whom I spoke, He that comes after me is preferred before me: for He was before me (John 8:58).' And of His fulness (Col. 1:19 and 2:9 cp. with 2 Peter 1:3-4) (5) have we all received ... No man has seen God at any time; the only-begotten Son, Who is in the bosom of the Father (John 3:13 and 8:41), He has declared Him (2 Cor. 4:6). (6) JOHN 1:1-4,9-10,14-16,18

12. "Jesus answered and said to (His disciples), 'Destroy this temple (i.e., God in flesh!), and in three days I will raise it up (cf. John 10:18 - proves Divinity - see Acts 3:26 and Romans 8:11) ... (JESUS) spoke of the temple of His body (Col. 2:9; Heb. 10:20)." JOHN 2:19,21

13. "Verily, verily, I (JESUS) say to you (Nicodemus), 'We (i.e., the Father and the Son - v. 34) speak (of) that We do know, and testify (to) that We have seen; and you receive not Our witness (1 John 5:7 KJV). If I have told you earthly things, and you believe not, how will you believe, if I tell you of heavenly things? And no man has ascended up to heaven, but He that came down from heaven (see ref.s on #14- Jn. 3:31- below), even the Son of Man which is (present tense - i.e., Christ here claims to be simultaneously present both on earth and in heaven) in heaven." JOHN 3:11-13

14. "He (JESUS) that comes from above is above all; he that is of the earth is earthly, and speaks of the earth; He that comes from heaven (Matt. 20:28; Mark 10:45; John 3:13; 6:38,51; Eph. 4:9) is above all (Romans 9:5)." JOHN 3:31

15. "But Jesus answered (the Jews), 'My Father works hitherto, and I work.' Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill Him, because He not only had broken the Sabbath, but also said that God was His Father, making Himself equal with God." (7) JOHN 5:17-18

16. "For as the Father raises up the dead, and quickens them; even so, the Son
quickens whom He will. For the Father judges no man, but has commited all judgment to the Son; that all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father (i.e., recognize His Deity). He who does not honour the Son does not honour the Father Who sent Him." JOHN 5:21-23

17. "(Jesus speaking) What and if you shall see the Son of Man ascend up where He was before?" JOHN 6:62

18. "Then they said to Him, 'Where is your father?' Jesus answered, 'You neither know me, nor My Father: if you had known Me, you should have known My Father also." JOHN 8:19

19. "And He said to them, 'You are from beneath; I am from above: you are of this world; I am not of this world. Therefore, I said to you that you shall die in your sins: for if you believe not that I am He, you shall die in your sins.' Then they said to Him, 'Who are you?' And Jesus said to them, 'Even the same that I said to you from the beginning. I have many things to say and to judge of you: but He that sent Me is true; and I speak to the world those things which I have heard of Him.' They understood not that He spoke to them of the Father." JOHN 8:23-27

20. "Jesus said to them, 'If God were your Father, you would love Me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of Myself, but He sent Me." JOHN 8:42

21. "'Your father Abraham rejoiced to see My day (Heb. 11:16): and he saw it, and was glad.' Then the Jews said to (JESUS), 'You are not yet fifty years old, and you have seen Abraham?' Jesus said to them, 'Verily, verily, I say to you, Before Abraham was, I am (God's title - Exodus 3:14).' Then they took up stones to cast at Him ... " JOHN 8:56-59

22. "'My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me; and I give to them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck out of My hand. My Father, which gave them (to) Me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of My Father's hand. I and My Father are one.' (8) Then the Jews took up stones again to stone Him. Jesus answered them, 'Many good works have I showed you from My Father; for which of those works do you stone Me?' The Jews answered Him, saying, 'For a good work we stone you not; but for blasphemy (cf. Lev. 24:16); and because that You, being a man, make Yourself God.' Jesus answered them, 'Is it not written in your law: (God) said, You are gods? (Psalm 82:6) If He called them gods, to whom the word of God came, and the Scripture cannot be broken; Say you of Him Whom the Father has sanctified, and sent into the world, You blaspheme; because I said, I am the Son of God? If I do not the works of My Father, believe Me not. But if I do, though you believe not Me, believe the works; that you may know, and believe, that the Father is in Me, and I in Him. Therefore, they sought again to take Him ..." JOHN 10:28-39

23. "When Jesus heard that, He said, 'This sickness is not unto death, but for the glory
of God, that the Son of God might be glorified thereby." JOHN 11:4

24. "Jesus cried and said, 'He who believes on Me, believes not on Me, but on Him that sent Me (i.e., God); and he who sees Me sees Him that sent Me.'" JOHN 12:44-45

25. "Jesus, knowing that the Father had given all things into His hands, and that He had come from God, and went to God ... " JOHN 13:3

26. "You call Me 'Master' and 'Lord'; and you say well; for so I am." JOHN 13:13

27. "Now I tell you before it comes, that, when it is come to pass, you may believe that I am He. Verily, verily, I say to you, he that receives whoever I send receives Me; and he that receives Me, receives Him that sent Me." JOHN 13:19-20

28. "Do not let your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me."
JOHN 14:1

29. "Jesus says to (Thomas), 'I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life; no man comes to the Father, but by Me. If you had known Me, you should have known My Father also: and from henceforth you know Him, and have seen Him.' Philip says to (JESUS), 'Lord, show us the Father, and it sufficeth us.' Jesus says to (Philip), 'Have I been with you so long, and yet you have not known Me, Philip? He that has seen Me has seen the Father; how then do you say, Show us the Father?
Believe you not that I am in the Father, and the Father in Me? The words that I speak to you, I speak not of Myself: but the Father Who dwells in Me, He does the works. Believe Me that I am in the Father, and the Father in Me ... '" JOHN 14:7-11

30. "'And I will pray (to) the Father, and He shall give you another Comforter, that He may abide with you forever; even the Spirit of truth; Whom the world cannot receive, because it sees Him not, neither knows Him: but you know Him; for He dwells with you, and shall be in you. I will not leave you comfortless, I will come to you. Yet a little while, and the world sees Me no more; but you see Me: because I live, you shall live also. At that day you shall know that I am in My Father, and you in Me, and I in you. He that has My commandments, and keeps them, it is he that loves Me: and he that loves Me shall be loved of My Father, and I will love him, and will manifest Myself to him.' Judas, not Iscariot, says to (JESUS), 'Lord, how is it that You will manifest Yourself to us, and not to the world?' Jesus answered and said to him, 'If a man love Me, he will keep My words; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him, and make Our abode with him.'" JOHN 14:16-23

31. "He that hates Me (JESUS) hates My Father also. If I had not done among them the works which no other man did, they had not had sin; but now they have both
seen and hated both Me and My Father." JOHN 15:23-24

32. "'These things have I (JESUS) spoken to you in proverbs: but the time comes, when I shall no longer speak to you in proverbs, but I shall show you plainly of the Father. At that day you shall ask in My Name: and I say not to you, that I will pray (to) the Father for you: for the Father Himself loves you, because you have loved Me, and have believed that I came out from God. I came forth from the Father, and am come into the world: again, I leave the world, and go (back) to the Father.' His disciples said to Him, 'Lo, now You speak plainly, and speak no proverb. Now we are sure that You know all things, and need not that any Man should ask You: by this we believe that You came forth from God.' Jesus answered them, 'Do you now believe? Behold, the hour comes, yea, and is now come, that you shall be scattered, every man to his own, and shall leave Me alone: and yet I am not alone,because the Father is with Me.'" JOHN 16:25-32

33. "And now, O Father, glorify Thou Me with Thine Own Self with the glory that I
had with Thee (9) before the world was (John 1:1-2)." JOHN 17:5

34. "And all Mine (JESUS) are Thine (the Father), and Thine are Mine; and I am
glorified in them. And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to Thee. Holy Father, keep through Thine Own Name those whom Thou has given Me, that they may be one, as We are." JOHN 17:10-11

35. "And Thomas (a monotheistic Jew) answered and said to (JESUS), 'My Lord and My God!'" JOHN 20:28

36. "And (Jews from the synagogue - 6:9) stoned Stephen, (who was) calling upon God, and saying, 'Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.'" ACTS 7:59

37. "Then Ananias answered, 'Lord, I have heard by many of this man, how much evil he has done to Thy saints at Jerusalem: and here he has authority from the chief priests to bind all that call upon Thy Name.' But the Lord said to him, 'Go your way: for he is a chosen vessel to Me, to bear My Name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel; for I will show him what great things he must suffer for My Name's sake.' And Ananias went his way, and entered into the house; and putting his hands on him said, 'Brother Saul, the Lord, even Jesus, that appeared to you in the way as you came, has sent me ... '" ACTS 9:13-17

38. "The word which God sent to the children of Israel, preaching peace by Jesus
Christ; [He is Lord of all] ... " ACTS 10:36

39. "And they said, 'Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you shall be saved ... ' ... And when he had brought them into his house, he set meat before them, and rejoiced, believing in God with all his house." ACTS 16:31,34

40. " ... the church of God, which He has purchased with His Own blood." ACTS 20:28b

41. "Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God ... For God is my witness, Whom I serve with my spirit in the gospel of His Son ... " ROMANS 1:1,9

42. "But you are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of His." ROMANS 8:9

43. " ... of whom as concerning the flesh Christ came, Who is over all, God blessed forever. Amen." ROMANS 9:5

44. " ... For we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ. For it is written (in
Isaiah 45:23), 'As I live, says the Lord (YHWH), every knee shall bow to Me, and every tongue shall confess to God.' So then, every one of us shall give account of himself to God." ROMANS 14:10-12

45. "But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which
God ordained before the world, to our glory; which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of Glory (i.e., YHWH Himself - see Psalm 24:7-10; (10) also James 2:1)." 1 CORINTHIANS 2:7-8

46. " ... we know that an idol is nothing in the world, and that there is no other God,
but one. For though there be (those) that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth (as there are gods many, and lords many), but to us there is but one God, the Father, of Whom are all things, and we in Him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by
Whom are all things, and we by Him." (11) 1 CORINTHIANS 8:4-6

47. "The first man (Adam) is of the earth, earthy; the Second Man (JESUS) is the Lord from heaven." 1 CORINTHIANS 15:47

48. "In whom the god of this world (Satan) has blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, Who is the image of God, should shine to them." (12) 2 CORINTHIANS 4:4

49. "And all things are of God, Who has reconciled us to Himself by Jesus Christ, and has given to us the ministry of reconciliation; to wit that God was in Christ, reconciling the world to Himself, not imputing their trespasses to them; and has
committed to us the word of reconciliation. Now then, we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be reconciled to God." 2 CORINTHIANS 5:18-20

50. "Be not unequally yoked together with unbelievers; for what fellowship has
righteousness with unrighteousness? And what communion has light with darkness? And what concord has Christ with Belial? Or what part has he that believes with an infidel? And what agreement has the temple of God with idols? For you are the temple of the living God; as God has said (in Lev. 26:12 and Isa. 52:11), 'I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. Wherefore, come out from among them, and be separate,' says the Lord (YHWH), 'and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you, and will be a Father to you, and you shall be My sons and daughters,' says the Lord Almighty." 2 CORINTHIANS 6:14-18

51. "For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though He was rich (i.e.,
as Deity - cf. Phil'p. 2:5-11), yet for your sakes He became poor, that you through His poverty (i.e., becoming man) might be rich." 2 CORINTHIANS 8:9

52. "And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery which from the
beginning of the world has been hid in God, Who created all things by Jesus Christ (John 1:1-3) ... " EPHESIANS 3:9

53. "He that descended (i.e., from heaven to earth) is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that He (JESUS) might fill all things (cf. Eph. 1:23)." EPHESIANS 4:10

54. " ... Christ Jesus, Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be
equal with God (John 1:1); but made Himself of no reputation, and took upon Him the form of a servant, (13) and was made in the likeness of men (John 1:14): and being found in fashion (14) as a man, He humbled Himself (type: John 13:3-5; also see 2 Cor. 8:9), and became obedient to death, even the death of the cross. Therefore God (the Father) has also highly exalted Him (i.e., a reclaiming), and given Him a Name which is above every name: that at the Name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father." PHILIPPIANS 2:5-11

55. "(JESUS) is the Image of the invisible God, the Firstborn of every creature
(cf. Proverbs 8:22-31): For by Him (JESUS) were all things created that are in
heaven, or in the earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions,
or principalities, or powers: all things were created by Him and for Him (cf. Jn.
1:1-2), (14) and He is before all things, and by Him all things consist (i.e., Jesus
is literally the One Who 'holds together' reality! - see Neh. 9:6 and Acts 17:28). And He is the Head of the body, the church; Who is the beginning (Grk. 'arche,' signifying His rank, power, and authority), the Firstborn from the dead; that in all things He might have the preeminence. For it pleased the Father that in (JESUS) should all (the) fulness dwell (i.e., Deity - Col. 2:9) ... "
COLOSSIANS 1:15-19

56. "That their hearts might be comforted, being knit together in love, and to all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the acknowledgement (Grk. 'epignosis' - discern, recognize, become fully acquainted with) of the mystery of God, and of the Father, and of Christ (1 Timothy 3:16); In Whom (singular) are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge." COLOSSIANS 2:2-3

57. "For in (JESUS) dwells all the fulness of the Godhead (Grk. 'theotes' - literally, Deity) bodily (cf. John 1:16 and 17 (16) )." COLOSSIANS 2:9

58. "Now God Himself, and our Father, and our Lord Jesus Christ (note the grammatical structure), direct our way to you." 1 THESSALONIANS 3:11

59. "For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in
Jesus will God bring with Him. For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain to the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. For the Lord Himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the Archangel, and with the trump of God; and the dead in Christ shall rise first. Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord (Rev. 21:3; 22:3-4)." 1 THESSALONIANS 4:14-16

60. "Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the commandment of God our Saviour, and
Lord Jesus Christ, which is our hope." 1 TIMOTHY 1:1

61. "And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, (God was) justified in the Spirit, (God was) seen of angels, (God was)
preached to the Gentiles, (God was) believed on in the world, (God was) received
up into glory (all referring to JESUS!)." 1 TIMOTHY 3:16

62. " ... God and the Lord Jesus Christ, Who (singular) shall judge the quick and the
dead at His (singular) appearing and His (singular) kingdom ... " 2 TIMOTHY 4:1

63. "(God) has in due times manifested His word through preaching, which is commited to me (Paul) according to the commandment of God our Saviour; to Titus, mine own son after the common faith: grace, mercy, and peace, from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ our Saviour (cf. 3:4-6)." TITUS 1:3-4

64. "Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and
our Saviour Jesus Christ ..." TITUS 2:13

65. "God, Who at various times and in different manners spoke in time past to the fathers by the prophets, has in these last days spoken to us by His Son, Whom He has appointed Heir of all things, by Whom also He made the worlds; Who being the brightness of His glory, and the express (Grk. 'charakter' - an exact copy or
representation) Image of (God's) Person, and upholding all things by the word of His (JESUS) power, when He had by Himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high; being made so much better than the angels, as He has by inheritance (because He is God's "fellow" - His family relation - see Zech. 13:7) obtained a more excellent Name than they." HEBREWS 1:1-4

66. "But to the Son (the Father) says (in Psalm 45:6-7), 'Thy throne, O God, is
forever and ever; a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of Thy kingdom. Thou has loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even Thy God, has anointed Thee with the oil of gladness above Thy fellows.' And (17) (in Psalm 102:25-27), 'Thou, Lord (YHWH), in the beginning has laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of Thine hands ... '" HEBREWS 1:8-10

67. " ... consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus; Who was faithful to Him that appointed Him (the Father), as also Moses was faithful in all
his house. For this Man (JESUS) was counted worthy of more glory than Moses,
inasmuch as He Who has built the house has more honor than the house. For
every house is built by some man, but He that built all things is God. And Moses
truly was faithful in all his house, as a servant, for a testimony of those things which were to be spoken after; but Christ as a Son over His Own house ... " HEBREWS 3:1b-6a

68. "(Melchizedek) without father, without mother, without descent, having neither
beginning of days, nor end of life; but made like unto the Son of God ... " HEBREWS 7:3

69. "By a new and living way, which He (JESUS) has consecrated for us, through the
veil, that is to say, His flesh ... " (18) HEBREWS 10:20

70. "Searching what, or what manner of time, the Spirit of Christ which was in them (the OT prophets, proving Christ's preexistence and equating Him with the Holy
Spirit) did signify ... " 1 PETER 1:11

71. " ... to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the
righteousness of God and our Saviour (Grk. 'of our God and Saviour') Jesus
Christ." 2 PETER 1:1

72. "That which was from the beginning (John 1:1) which we have heard, which we
have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life (JESUS - John 1:1,14) [for the Life was manifested (John 1:14; 1 Tim. 3:16) and we have seen it, and bear witness, and show to you that Eternal Life, which was with the Father (John 1:1-2), and was manifested to us ... " 1 JOHN 1:1-2

73. "Behold, what manner of love the Father has bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God; therefore the world knows us not, because it knew Him not (John 1:10). Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it does not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that when He shall appear, we shall be like Him; for we shall see Him as He is ... And you know that He was manifested to take away our sins ..." 1 JOHN 3:1-2,5

74. "Hereby we perceive the love of God, because He laid down His life for us ... "
1 JOHN 3:16

75. "For there are Three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word (JESUS),
and the Holy Spirit: and these Three are One." 1 JOHN 5:7 (KJV) (19)

76. "And we know that the Son of God is come, and has given us an understanding, that we may know Him that is true, and we are in Him that is true, even in His Son
Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life (1 John 1:2)." 1 JOHN 5:20

77. " ... the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ." JUDE 4

78. "To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power,
both now and forever. Amen." JUDE 25

79. "'I am the Alpha and Omega, the Beginning and the Ending,' says the Lord, 'which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty' (this is JESUS! - see Rev. 1:11,16-18; 2:8; 21:6; 22:13 - this proves His Deity - Gen. 17:1; Isa. 44:6)." REVELATION 1:8

80. "These shall make war with the Lamb (JESUS), and the Lamb shall overcome them; for He is Lord of lords, and King of kings (see 1 Tim. 6:15!) ... " REVELATION 17:14

81. "And he showed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out
of the throne (singular - not 'thrones'!) of God and of the Lamb ... And there shall be no more curse; but the throne (singular) of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and His (singular - not 'their'!) servants shall serve Him (singular - not 'them'!); and they shall see His face (not 'their faces'!); and His Name (not 'their names'! - cf. Zech. 14:9) shall be in their foreheads." REVELATION 22:1,3-4 (see also 11:15, which uses the same type of grammer)

82. " ... the Lord God of the holy prophets sent His angel ... 'I, Jesus, have sent My angel ... " REVELATION 22:6,16

The above 82 New Testament passages, along with the rest of the evidence submitted, cannot be explained away. Surely all of the passages are not "mistranslations"! I in no way claim to understand everything about "the mystery of Godliness," for it is truly a mystery to our finite minds. The historic creeds of the Church perhaps go too far in attempting to explain the "mechanism" of the Incarnation. But what is clear from Scripture is that the Father and the Son are distinct, yet both are actually "one" God (the same of course is true of the Holy Spirit as well). Further, Jesus Christ is truly "God manifest in the flesh." This gets very complex when we are forced by the same inspired scriptures to acknowledge that Jesus Christ was (and is) truly human - He was conceived, born, ate, breathed, slept, wept, and died. But how can One Who is the Immortal God die? I must confess that I have no idea, but I believe it in faith ... leaving the "secret things" to the Lord my God (Deut. 29:29).

"A man who can read the New Testament and not see
that Christ claims to be more than a man, can look all
over the sky at high noon on a cloudless day and not
see the sun." (20)

END NOTES

(1) This is the name of God, as revealed in the Old Testament. Called the tetragrammaton, the Jews left it unpronounced and unwritten, even in transcribed copies of the Scriptures. It has often been translated into English as Yahweh or (I believe incorrectly) as the Germanized "Jehovah."

(2) A very significant fact often ignored is that while many in the Old Testament spoke on behalf of God, using phrases such as "Thus says YHWH," Jesus Christ never did this. Instead, Jesus spoke on His Own authority, even when interpreting Divine Law!

(3) Although often used as a proof that Christ was not Deity, such an interpretation will not stand up to close scrutiny for several reasons. First, most sects and teachers using this passage to disprove Christ's Deity prove too much, as the same sects and teachers would no doubt maintain along with the rich young man that He is indeed "good". Second, this particular word (Grk. agathos) is used of many things, even by Jesus Himself as a generic term for people who are "good" (Matt. 5:45; 12:35; 13:38; 22:10; 25:21, 23). Third, other words are clearly used of Jesus that would be inappropriate if such an interpretation is correct: hagios ("holy" - Acts 3:14) and dikaios ("just" - Acts 3:14; 7:52; 22:14; and "righteous" - 1 John 2:1) are both used of Jesus, and that with the article (creating a title in each case - i.e., "the Holy One"; "the Just One"; "the Righteous" - this suggests intrinsic qualities). Considering these facts, and also that the passage in question (as well as the parallels in Mark and Luke) contains no direct denial from Jesus but only the question itself, it is more reasonable to regard this as an invitation to recognize Who He really was cast in a teaching style used often by Jesus (cf. Matt. 22:20; 22:42-45 for example). Further support for such an interpretation is to be found in the abundance of Scripture cited in this article as clearly setting forth His true Deity.

(4) The one "Name" has reference to Deity, as is clear from Zechariah 14:9; Acts 10:48; and Revealtion 14:1 compared with 22:4.

(5) A comparison of John 1:12 with 2 Peter 1:3-4 also makes it clear that Jesus Christ is God by nature. To be given the "power to become children of God" is to be made "partakers of the Divine nature" - i.e., Christ's very nature is Divine - a fact amplified by the above suggested comparison. Also see Ephesians 1:23; 1 Peter 5:1; and Hebrews 6:4.

(6) See the study by this author entitled God Made Visible for a detailed look at the Bible's teaching on Jesus Christ as the eternal Revealer of God to man.

(7) A casual reading of this verse has led some to believe that the above emphasized statement was the mis-interpretation of Jesus' words by the Jews. Not so - this is the inspired statement of the Apostle John writing as the Gospel's author! This establishes once and for all that the title "Son of God" denotes not inferiority (as some have claimed), but equality - hence it is a title of Deity. Therefore, we can add all references to "the Son of God" to this compilation of passages proving Christ's Deity!

(8) Winkie Pratney notes that the Greek word translated as "one" here is "Not heis, which is masculine, but hen, which is neuter; not one person, but one substance, one essence." (The Nature and Character of God, Minneapolis, Minnesota: Bethany House, 1988, p. 354 - emphasis mine).

(9) This statement alone means that Christ is Himself Deity. God will not give His glory to "another" according to Isaiah 42:8 and 48:11. Therefore, whatever Christ "is," He cannot be "another" alongside God.

(10) Psalm 24:10 reads: "Who is this King of Glory? YHWH of Hosts, He is the King of Glory. Selah (i.e., pause to contemplate)." 1 Corinthians 2:8 above, using the accepted principle of "comparing Scripture with Scripture," clearly identifies Jesus Christ with YHWH Himself by revealing that the One "crucified" was, in fact, "the Lord of Glory."

(11) Few have carefully considered what Paul here sets forth. Paul is contrasting polytheistic idolatry with monotheistic Christianity. Yet Paul's monotheism includes one God and one Lord, including Jesus Christ in that identification. Clearly then, given the context of his argument, Paul is describing Jesus Christ as true Deity.

(12) The significance of this claim is that man in general is "in" God's image and "after" His likeness. In contrast, Jesus Christ is that Divine image!

(13) Both "forms" are parallel. If "the form of a servant" refers to Jesus Christ becoming man (as it obviously does) then "the form of God" must refer to Him being God.

(14) The word here translated (KJV) "fashion" is the Greek word schema, which together with the wording chosen signifies a change in external circumstance.

(15) This fact in and of itself denotes Supreme Deity - cf. Romans 11:36.

(16) These are very important verses, though often neglected. Redemptive grace is our's by Christ precisely because He accomplished our salvation as Deity. These verses provide the clue to Christ's infinite worth in redemption, a concept often thought to have no basis in Scripture whatsoever. To receive "of His fulness" (Jn. 1:16) is to "obtain His glory" (2 Thes. 2:14), to be made a "partaker of the Divine nature" (2 Peter 1:4). The author hopes to soon make this the subject of another article.

(17) The word "and" here clearly identifies what follows as another statement from Father to Son, thereby identifying the Son as YHWH Himself.

(18) The veil concealed God (Lev. 16:2); in equating "the veil" with Christ's flesh (humanity), the author of Hebrews is claiming that He is Deity in flesh.

And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory. 1Timothy 3:16.

(706)889-5083

Wrights Midnight Blue Kennels

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:05 pm 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

YES!!!!

Profile  WWW
 Post subject: !!!!!!!!
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:36 am 
IP:
Praise the LORD for people like you!! Keep up the good work!!

Post subject: reply
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:13 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

thanks man. most people dont understand, but jesus said i am the almighty, the first and the last, there cannot be 2 gods, because if there was, the father would be nothing, because you cannot have 2 almightys. its just not possible.

Post subject: Truth
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 8:56 pm 
IP:
I don't understand where people miss it. Where do you go to church?

Post subject: reply
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:30 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

i go to the apostolic light house church. it is founded on the opostals doctrins. were do you go?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:27 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Amen, Brother!!! keep it up...I like seein people like you gettin out there and gettin it done!! :wink:
take care
kellie

NITECH CH PR Wilkinson's Thor
CH GRNITECH PR Jamie & Bill's Trashy Amos
GRCH GRNITECH PR Jamies' Little Trashey Daisey
GRNITECH PR Jamie's Trashey Dee

Post subject: Good scriptrue lesson
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:52 am 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

That has the meat in it. I really like John 1:1, it tells us He was there creating it all in the beginning and was God and was with God. Had the chance to talk to the LDS missionary fellas the other night in our town as my wife and I were walking our coon hound. Jesus is "a" god in their doctrine. Not much power in that if we all are gods. Had to thank them for being good people but reject their belief that we all get to some level of heaven according to how good we are. Those young men wanted me to ask the Holy Spirit to show me if the Book of Mormon was true. I asked them if they ever asked the Holy Spirit if the Koran or the Hindu texts or the Buddhist writings were true. They had not done it so I told them I didn't need anything to add onto the Bible and I won't be asking the Holy Spirit if their extra book gives me anything I need in right doctrine or truth. Anyhow, if any LDS folks read this, I don't hate any of you but I do not agree with your version of the doctrines of Christian faith. I believe it leads to eternal misery and separation from God. One way, Jesus only and no one else needed. No other prophet, teacher, guru, shaman or politician can show me how to enter heaven and spend eternity in God's presence.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:42 pm 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Great post. I preached a sermon on this not long ago. While there are many issues I believe we can disagree about, this is one issue the true Christian can not waver on. Jesus is fully God, end of story!

dk