CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:23 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Husband needs prayer
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 8:10 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I found your website on the American Beagler.

My husband came down really sick yesterday. He was running a fever of 104-105 for close to 11 hours before he decided to have me take him to the hospital this morning at 3 am. When we got there his fever had finally come down to about 100 and so he wanted to wait a few minutes in the car. All of a sudden he jumped up saying he was sick feeling. He wanted me to drive him to the door even though it wasn't far from where we were parked. Well, between the parking spot and the door he passed out. The drs are not sure what is wrong so they drew a bunch of blood and did a spinal tap. They said the tap was clear but while they were doing the tap his blood pressure dropped and he almost passed out again. His fever stayed around 101 all day and then dropped a little before 4 pm. I talked to his nurse around 7:30 and he said that his fever was back up to 101.3. They are keeping him in ICU for now and I think they probably will until Sunday. That is when they will hopefully know about some of the blood cultures that they are working. We think this may be connected to a sick beagle that we had. Teh vet thinks that she ate something rotten from a trash can. We took her to the vet last Sunday and when we were there she bit my husband on the hand. I had to take her to the vet today to be put to sleep because she was so bad off that she could not stand up. She has been this way for almost all week. This has been a hard day. I have been going back and forth to the hospital which is 45 minutes from where we live. We also have a 3 year old daughter, a 2 yr old daughter, and a 2 month old son.

All prayers will be appreciated. The drs still don't know what is wrong.

Thanks, Jessica

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:23 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

Sounds like a really bad infection or something similar. Will pray for him, you and your family. Keep us posted.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:41 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

GodBless kepp us posted.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=1569111355

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 7:04 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I talked to him this morning and they have been able to keep his fever down between 98 and 100. That is a start. They still don't know what he might have. They also have not been able to do anything for him running (I mean literally running) back and forth from the bed to the bathroom.

Thanks again.

Jessica

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:47 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Thanks for your prayers. My husband is now back home and doing well. They said that they thought it was salmonella. We are not sure about that though. We think that it could have been that or something else associated with a dog bite. Whatever it was he is now home and on the road to recovery. Thanks again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:14 pm 
IP:
Glad he's at home and doing well. We will continue to keep yall in our prayers.