CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:22 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Be Certain
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:57 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

When I am out and about, I feel that it is my responsibility to ask people whether they are saved. Jesus told us to go into all the world and preach the gospel.

I get various answers to this question. Some say that they don’t know, some aren’t sure and some say that they were baptized. Our answer to this question is the most important in our lives. It will determine where we spend eternity. We need to be certain about our salvation.

John Chapter 3 tells us of Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews. Jesus told him that in order for a man to see the kingdom of God he must be born again. We are born into the world of water from our mother’s womb, but we must be born again of the Spirit of God to reach heaven.

John Chapter 3
1 There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews:
2 The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him.
3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?
5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Jesus told Nicodemus that we must believe in Him and when we do, we will not perish but will have everlasting life.

14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:
15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

The Book of Romans tell us that we must confess and believe. With our heart we believe and with our mouth confession unto salvation is made.

Romans Chapter 10: 9 -10
9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Once we have believed and confessed Jesus, we become new. The old things of the world, our sins that we were consumed in, pass away and we are new creatures living our lives through Christ because He cleanses us.

1 John 1:9
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

II Corinthians Chapter 5
17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

When we are baptized, this is our witness to the world that our sins have been buried and Christ has raised us up as a new creature in Him (that we have been saved).

Please make sure of your salvation. You must know that you believe in Jesus and you must confess Him with your mouth.

If you would like to have me come speak to your church or group, please let me know. I never ask for money, I only want to be in God’s will – to reach souls for Him. 850-643-7903.

Thanks,
Don

Join the forum today and remove this ad!