CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:03 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Running
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:47 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

I recently talked with a man who asked me to pray for his son who was running from God and needs to be saved.

I know what it is to run from God. I ran from him a long time but He was always everywhere I went. David wrote in the book of Psalms that there is nowhere we can flee from God’s presence. He said that even if he made his bed in hell, God would be there.

Psalm 139
7 Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?
8 If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.
9 If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea;
10 Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me.
11 If I say, Surely the darkness shall cover me; even the night shall be light about me.
12 Yea, the darkness hideth not from thee; but the night shineth as the day: the darkness and the light are both alike to thee.

God will get your attention one way or another. I was hunting the side of Lookout Mountain at 2 o’clock in the morning and I saw a bright light and heard God’s voice say to me: “Come and follow me or you will never see this again.”

Jonah tried to run away from God’s presence by boarding a ship to Tarshish. God sent a great wind and created a mighty tempest in the sea. It was so bad that the people on the boat confronted Jonah and asked what they had to do to survive. Jonah told them to throw him into the sea. When Jonah was thrown overboard a great fish swallowed him and Jonah was in the fish’s belly 3 days and nights. He described it as being in the belly of hell.

Jonah 1
3 But Jonah rose up to flee unto Tarshish from the presence of the LORD, and went down to Joppa; and he found a ship going to Tarshish: so he paid the fare thereof, and went down into it, to go with them unto Tarshish from the presence of the LORD.
4 But the LORD sent out a great wind into the sea, and there was a mighty tempest in the sea, so that the ship was like to be broken.
12 And he said unto them, Take me up, and cast me forth into the sea; so shall the sea be calm unto you: for I know that for my sake this great tempest is upon you.
15 So they took up Jonah, and cast him forth into the sea: and the sea ceased from her raging.
17 Now the LORD had prepared a great fish to swallow up Jonah. And Jonah was in the belly of the fish three days and three nights.

Jonah cried out to God and God delivered him. If you are running, know that God is long suffering and will keep coming to where you are. His Spirit will keep speaking to your heart. He longs for you to have fellowship with Him.

God is mighty and He will rejoice over you with singing when you give your heart and life to Him. How wonderful this is that the mighty Creator of all would rejoice over anyone who comes to Him. No matter how far or how long we have run, we can come to God for forgiveness.

Zephaniah 3
17 The LORD thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; he will save, he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love, he will joy over thee with singing.

Since I gave my heart to God and obeyed His calling, He has blessed me over and abundantly with everything that I need. I love preaching God’s word more than anything I have ever done.

Thank you for reading,
Don

Join the forum today and remove this ad!