CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:39 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Father's Day
PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:37 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

We want to wish all the Dads a very happy father’s day.

The book of Luke tells us of a father’s love for his son – a son who was rebellious, anxious to get his inheritance from his father and leave home. The son wasted everything given to him by his father. It got so bad that he was eating with the hogs. He finally came to himself and remembered his father. A father who had provided for him. A man that was kind, even to his servants. The son decided to return to his father just to become a hired servant.

His father was looking out the day the son was approaching home. The father saw his son coming from far away. The father ran to meet the son, hugging and kissing him. The father ordered the best robe for his son to wear, put shoes on his feet and a ring on his finger. The father rejoiced because his son who was lost was found. The son who had been dead to him was alive again.

Luke Chapter 15
11 And he said, a certain man had two sons:
12 And the younger of them said to his father, Father, give me the portion of goods that falleth to me. And he divided unto them his living.
13 And not many days after the younger son gathered all together, and took his journey into a far country, and there wasted his substance with riotous living.
14 And when he had spent all, there arose a mighty famine in that land; and he began to be in want.
15 And he went and joined himself to a citizen of that country; and he sent him into his fields to feed swine.
16 And he would fain have filled his belly with the husks that the swine did eat: and no man gave unto him.
17 And when he came to himself, he said, How many hired servants of my father's have bread enough and to spare, and I perish with hunger!
18 I will arise and go to my father, and will say unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and before thee,
19 And am no more worthy to be called thy son: make me as one of thy hired servants.
20 And he arose, and came to his father. But when he was yet a great way off, his father saw him, and had compassion, and ran, and fell on his neck, and kissed him.
21 And the son said unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and in thy sight, and am no more worthy to be called thy son.
22 But the father said to his servants, Bring forth the best robe, and put it on him; and put a ring on his hand, and shoes on his feet:
23 And bring hither the fatted calf, and kill it; and let us eat, and be merry:
24 For this my son was dead, and is alive again; he was lost, and is found. And they began to be merry.

This earthly father was in so many ways like our heavenly Father. No matter how rebellious we become or how far we wander from Him, He is always waiting and looking for us to come home. When we decide to return to Him, He runs to meet us with open arms. The Bible tells us that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. That is truly like running to meet us, not waiting on us to become right, but loving us enough to give His life for us anyway. Though we were spiritually dead, God makes us live again.

Our heavenly Father is waiting and looking. If you are away from home, please make your way to Him and He will welcome you with love.

Thank you for reading and Happy Father’s Day!
Don

Join the forum today and remove this ad!