CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:48 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Going Fishing
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:54 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

A few weeks ago I got a phone call from a woman doing a survey. She asked me if I went fishing. I replied, “Yes, I go fishing. I fish for lost souls.” That is what Jesus commands us to do once we give our hearts to him. The woman did not understand what I meant. I explained to her what the scriptures tell us.

When Jesus was calling his disciples we called Peter and Andrew telling them to follow him to become fishers of men. He also called James and John to leave their ships and follow him.

When I got saved, I lived on Lookout Mountain. The Lord spoke to me and told me that if I would go to Florida and preach His word that He would bless me over and abundantly. He has always been true to his promise and blessed me beyond measure. I have coon hunted all my life and have enjoyed it very much. However, it cannot compare to being a fisher of men.

Matthew 4: 18 – 23
18 And Jesus, walking by the sea of Galilee, saw two brethren, Simon called Peter, and Andrew his brother, casting a net into the sea: for they were fishers.
19 And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.
20 And they straightway left their nets, and followed him.
21 And going on from thence, he saw other two brethren, James the son of Zebedee, and John his brother, in a ship with Zebedee their father, mending their nets; and he called them.
22 And they immediately left the ship and their father, and followed him.
23 And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing all manner of sickness and all manner of disease among the people.
Jesus died for our sins and when he ascended to heaven He told us to go into all the world, to tell everybody about His love for us and that He is the way to heaven.

Mark 16:15
15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

We are always to keep God’s commandments – to live for him the best that we know how. It is our duty. Let me encourage you to get out your fishing gear – the Word of God and to go fishing for souls for the kingdom.

Ecclesiastes 12:13
13 Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.

Thanks for reading,
Don

Join the forum today and remove this ad!