CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:50 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: The Hunting Trip
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:00 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Close to the end of last hunting season I turned out my dog for I hoped a quick run and tree. The dog hunted and covered a lot of ground. I had to drive my truck around 4 miles to get close to where the dog had treed. I wanted to get him quickly because this was on a Saturday night and we had to travel 120 miles the next day in order to preach.

He was about 300 yards from the closet spot we could get to on the road. I had to walk through some planted pines and then I came to the swamp. I was almost knee deep in the water and the mud. Finally when I got to the dog I pulled him off the tree and leashed the dog.

I made it back to the planted pines and could tell that something was not right. I got so sick that I had to tie the dog to a small tree. I had to lie down on the ground in the brush. I lie on my back and begin to pray. I prayed for about 10 minutes and got able to get back up and walk to the truck.

When I got to the truck I got really, really sick and had to pray again and sit for a while before I was able to drive home. It was almost 3 o’clock Sunday morning before we were able to get in bed.

I got up about 8 the next morning and my wife fixed breakfast. I got sick again after breakfast. I had to pray again and ask for complete healing so that I would be able to preach that evening. I went to sleep and when I woke up that afternoon I was healed and was able to go preach.

If you are trying to work for God, Satan will attack you in every way that he can. But if you call on God, He will always make a way for you to be able to make it.

Deuteronomy 31:6
Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be afraid of them: for the LORD thy God, he it is that doth go with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.

Hebrews 13:5
… for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.

Matthew 28:20
… and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world.

1 Chronicles 28:20
And David said to Solomon his son, Be strong and of good courage, and do it: fear not, nor be dismayed: for the LORD God, even my God, will be with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee, until thou hast finished all the work for the service of the house of the LORD.

Thank you for reading. If you would like to have us come to speak in your church, please let me know. I live to preach the Word of God.
Don

Join the forum today and remove this ad!