CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:11 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:47 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Acts Chapter 9
1 And Saul, yet breathing out threatenings and slaughter against the disciples of the Lord, went unto the high priest,

2 And desired of him letters to Damascus to the synagogues, that if he found any of this way, whether they were men or women, he might bring them bound unto Jerusalem.

Acts Chapter 22
20 And when the blood of thy martyr Stephen was shed, I also was standing by, and consenting unto his death, and kept the raiment of them that slew him.

Saul hated the early Christians. He set out to destroy them. He had both men and women bound and delivered to jail. Saul was in the crowd when Stephen was stoned for speaking of Jesus. In fact, Saul kept the coats of the men who stoned him.

One day Saul was on his way to Damascus with letters of authority to bring back to Jerusalem the Christians being held there for punishment. God had a plan for Saul and intervened in his life.

Acts Chapter 9
3 And as he journeyed, he came near Damascus: and suddenly there shined round about him a light from heaven:

4 And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?

5 And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.

6 And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do? And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the city, and it shall be told thee what thou must do.

7 And the men which journeyed with him stood speechless, hearing a voice, but seeing no man.

8 And Saul arose from the earth; and when his eyes were opened, he saw no man: but they led him by the hand, and brought him into Damascus.

9 And he was three days without sight, and neither did eat nor drink.

Immediately Saul’s life was changed on that road. He became a new person in Christ. God has chosen Saul for a great work.

There may be some of you out there that think that you have done things that are unforgiveable. That God could never use you to work for Him. But just as God had a plan and a purpose for Saul, He also has a plan for you and for everyone who will come to Him with their heart.

God told Ananias that He had a great purpose for Saul. Saul was to bring the message of Christ to the gentiles. Jesus died not only for the Jews, but for everyone. Ananias prayed for Saul and Saul received his sight and was filled with the Holy Ghost.

Acts Chapter 9
15 But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel:

17 And Ananias went his way, and entered into the house; and putting his hands on him said, Brother Saul, the Lord, even Jesus, that appeared unto thee in the way as thou camest, hath sent me, that thou mightest receive thy sight, and be filled with the Holy Ghost.

18 And immediately there fell from his eyes as it had been scales: and he received sight forthwith, and arose, and was baptized.

19 And when he had received meat, he was strengthened. Then was Saul certain days with the disciples which were at Damascus.

20 And straightway he preached Christ in the synagogues, that he is the Son of God.

21 But all that heard him were amazed, and said; Is not this he that destroyed them which called on this name in Jerusalem, and came hither for that intent, that he might bring them bound unto the chief priests?

Everyone that heard Saul was amazed at the change in his life. Saul was later called Paul. Paul, the great apostle, was once a persecutor of Christ and his followers but God had a greater purpose for him. God also has a greater purpose for each of us. Please remember that it is never too later to turn your life around and find the real purpose for your life.

II Corinthians Chapter 5
17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Thanks for reading,
Don

Join the forum today and remove this ad!