CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:23 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post subject: Re: Evolution
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:13 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

AND IT ALL STARTED WITH A BIG BANG!!!!!!! :mrgreen:

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:19 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

And God was the one who inflated the balloon if there was a bang and made order out of the void.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:42 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

bradley47 wrote:
evolution has never been proven, the word of the liveing GOD has over and over again. things written in the bible thousands of years ago are todays headlines.
THANK YOU JESUS. for saveing a wretch like me.

Bradley evolution has been proven! Not evolution of man, but animals have evolved to better fit their surrondings. for example the Toxic Australian Toads- they were introduced to australia to help the beetle population that were destroying the sugar crane crop. Now the population of the toxic toads has spread and they have evolved and the new population has 10% larger and longer legs than the first toxic toad that was introduced. I believe in god, and that he created us and this earth. But to say evolution doesnt happen is just stupidity.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:02 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

best choice you had better go back and look at my earlier post on this subject, before you call someone stupid. i stated that there was no doubt some evolution, but GOD was behind it.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:42 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

[quote="bestchoicekennels"

Evolution has been proven! Not evolution of man, but animals have evolved to better fit their surrondings. for example the Toxic Australian Toads- they were introduced to australia to help the beetle population that were destroying the sugar crane crop. Now the population of the toxic toads has spread and they have evolved and the new population has 10% larger and longer legs than the first toxic toad that was introduced. I believe in god, and that he created us and this earth. But to say evolution doesnt happen is just stupidity.[/quote]

=============================================
There is a big difference between adaptability and evolution!!!!! You should brush up on nature!!!!!!!

The Swamp Guide

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:23 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Canadian Hillbilly wrote:
How do you know we where created as whole humans by god? Because it is written in a book? So is Darwin's theory of evolution. So does that mean Darwin is right? Can both books be right?

God Bless Canada!!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:25 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

plottten wrote:

Evolution has been proven! Not evolution of man, but animals have evolved to better fit their surrondings. for example the Toxic Australian Toads- they were introduced to australia to help the beetle population that were destroying the sugar crane crop. Now the population of the toxic toads has spread and they have evolved and the new population has 10% larger and longer legs than the first toxic toad that was introduced. I believe in god, and that he created us and this earth. But to say evolution doesnt happen is just stupidity.

There is a big difference between adaptability and evolution!!!!! You should brush up on nature!!!!!!!

The Swamp Guide[/quote]
How long over a period of time did they grow longer legs??

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:10 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

bestchoicekennels wrote:
bradley47 wrote:
evolution has never been proven, the word of the liveing GOD has over and over again. things written in the bible thousands of years ago are todays headlines.

Bradley evolution has been proven! Not evolution of man, but animals have evolved to better fit their surrondings. for example the Toxic Australian Toads- they were introduced to australia to help the beetle population that were destroying the sugar crane crop. Now the population of the toxic toads has spread and they have evolved and the new population has 10% larger and longer legs than the first toxic toad that was introduced. I believe in god, and that he created us and this earth. But to say evolution doesnt happen is just stupidity.

That's not evolution. That's adaptation. Evolution is when something evolves into something else. Like when evolutionist claim everything came fr

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:15 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Hit the wrong button. Evolutionist claim everything came from single cell omeaba. Heck I see them once or twice a week crawling out of my farm pond and walking on two legs. LOL. EVOLUTION is ridiculous !

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:20 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

I really don't care how we started but where are we going at the end.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:03 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

its been awhile since I have looked at this but I just wanted to put my 2 cents back into this. I see adaptability as someone or something adapting themselves to their surroundings. When something changes NOT BY CHOICE to their surroundings over a long period of time (over 60 years) then I see that as evolution. They didn't just wish for longer legs and they grew over night. This happened over 10 generations because it was needed to survive. And Bradley I was not calling you stupid. I was saying for anybody to claim it doesn't happen is stupidity. There is a difference.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:06 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Jef Futscher wrote:
bestchoicekennels wrote:
bradley47 wrote:

That's not evolution. That's adaptation. Evolution is when something evolves into something else. Like when evolutionist claim everything came fr

look up the definition of evolution and adaptability. evolution does not mean something evolves entirely into something else. there is smaller things.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:10 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Bfreeman wrote:
plottten wrote:

Evolution has been proven! Not evolution of man, but animals have evolved to better fit their surrondings. for example the Toxic Australian Toads- they were introduced to australia to help the beetle population that were destroying the sugar crane crop. Now the population of the toxic toads has spread and they have evolved and the new population has 10% larger and longer legs than the first toxic toad that was introduced. I believe in god, and that he created us and this earth. But to say evolution doesnt happen is just stupidity.

The Swamp Guide

How long over a period of time did they grow longer legs??[/quote]

I would appreciate it if you would back up your claims with facts. instead of just telling me I'm wrong. everybody has their own opinion but if your going to call me out and say I'm wrong than state some facts man. brush up on my nature? funny you should say that... I have a masters degree in wildlife management. I own a farm and hunt as much as possible I would say I'm close enough to nature... haha

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:09 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I just happened upon this topic and find it very interesting. People could obviously argue all day. Unfortunately, when this happens, it will never end, because in general, people are not willing to open their hearts and minds and see anything besides what they already think. If you believe in God, and nothing else, then you will probably never accept evolution. If you do not believe in God, and solely base your life on science (which I think would also be unfortunate) then you will probably not accept God without some major experience.
So I ask this: Why/how can these two topics not coincide? The Holy Bible was written by men who were inspired by the Holy Spirit (God). It is written in many different styles, therefore, not all of it is to be taken completely literally. That being said, it is also important to remember that "with God, all things are possible." What about evolution goes against God? Could we not have evolved from other organisms over time with God as a designer as well? When did humans really become human?
Something important to realize is that evolution does exist. At least, over time, there is very strong evidence for the phenomenon. You can see it with microorganisms, through the fossil record, through genetic analysis, etc. To the person who posted about the coelacanth, you might be right, these organisms didn't really change much. Evolution (actually natural selection in this case) does not mean that everything changes always. If an organism evolves and adapts to its environment, and that environment is largely unchanged, and some more efficient trait is not incorporated into the population (via mutation, hybridization, etc.), and a different organism does not out-compete the original organism, why should it evolve? Under what process would this happen?
This post is getting rather long, so I shall leave with a couple of thoughts. Science is only possible with phenomena that can be tested. God is infinite and immeasurable and cannot be tested. This does not mean that science is false, and it does not mean that God does not exist.
"Methodical research in all branches of knowledge, provided it is carried out in a truly scientific manner and does not override moral laws, can never conflict with the faith, because the things of the world and the things of the faith derive from the same God. The humble and persevering investigator of the secrets of nature is being led, as it were, by the hand of God in spite of himself, for it is God, the conserver of all things, who made them what they are." (CCC 159)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:14 pm 
IP:
Humans became humans when Gid made

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next