CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:34 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Animals in Heaven...
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:36 pm 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

I don't think it will matter I know I will not worry of my hounds are in heaven all I will be doin is singing holy holy holy

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

pr clarks go hard or go home blue cowboy
pr clarks go hard or go home blue lucy
go visit my website it is gohardorgohomebluetickkennels.weebly.com

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject: Re: Animals in Heaven...
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:07 pm 
IP:
briarpatchkennels wrote:
redboneman15 wrote:
I am 15 and have always wondered the same. My grandpa is a preacher and I asked him and he told me all my hounds would be there but since the lion and the lamb would lay down together same for coon and hound. And he said wed have no desire to hunt wed jst want to praise god and it'd be hard to Coon hunt because there is no night there. I don't like to think it like that because I have some good hounds there and would love to hunt them. Maybe god will leave me a nice dark piece of hardwoods down on the river bottom of life.

Brought tears to my eyes when i read this, we may not be able to coon hunt in heaven, but i believe that there are animals in heaven and that we can have anything we want in our mansions that are built for us. i hope that when i die and go to heaven that all of my dogs from the past will be there waiting for me Bawling as we all worship God. imagine being able to sit there and spend all the time you want with your dog, not having to worry any more. I know i cant wait, even if i dont get to coon hunt in heaven i just wanna hear those beautiful bawl mouths one more time, I myself am 17 years old.

An old mountain preacher told me once that we'll be doing all kinds of coon hunting... the Word says they'll be no death or dying. So I believe we'll cut the dogs loose, let 'em tree 'em a coon or two, then the coon will climb out of the tree, shake hands with the hounds and go at it again... You know that ole ring-tail loves the hunt just as much as the hound. No sorrow in Glory...
I myself know for a fact that my hounds will be in Heaven... On January 2nd of this year, my Papaw, John C. White, passed away. He was my role model, mentor, hunting-buddy, and best friend. Two nights before he went to be with the Lord, we hunted my ole Blue dog. Blue Devil was the best hound I've had and I didn't have any pups from him yet... We buried Papaw on Friday... On Saturday my Blue Devil died at 4 years old... on Sunday morning I had a cur dog give birth... to our surprise, the puppies were half cur, half bluetick. It was God's way of telling me that my Papaw was waiting for me at the Gates with an ole Bluetick coonhound at his feet, waiting to welcome me home. My puppy, "Widow-Maker" is 6 months old now and following in his dad's shoes, like I try to follow in my grandfather's...
You guys keep hunting, keep believing, and keep having fun.

Trevor White

Post subject: Animals in Heaven...
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:00 am 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

Absolutely your hounds go to heaven. As a matter of fact I believe all dogs go. And I tell u one thing fellas, when I go, I'm gonna have one heck of a pack of hounds.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:05 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

I hope not because I have spent more nights in the woods than with my wife. Dang hounds get enough of my time.

Brad & Alison (Wilcox) McGill
(660) 833-3180

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:14 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Amen to last reply!! I constantly have to remind myself that they are just a d-o-g and not a g-o-d.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire