CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:41 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:22 pm 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

I have been a Christian since the mid 80's, I was in 3 grade when I came to know the Lord as my Savior.

It has only been in the last few years I have drifted away, and now many questions arise after a college class I had.
Scientifically the times that God created this world and everything in it doesnt add up.
There is so much data from millions of years ago, dinosaurs lived, cave men were around, that doesn't coincide with biblical time frames.
Everyone just keeps saying faith and beleive, I just have these questions and need answers,
can anyone help me in this understanding.
Little about myself I am southern baptist by faith, in the military went to non denominational, now am going to a protestant church but still swing by a good ol' southern baptist church.

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:06 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

the question you have, we all have ask that to our self. but it does talk about them in the bible, it just don't name them. I believe that when Noah built the ark, and the great flood came over the earth, that the dinosaurs were killed off. now as for the cave men, what has time really taught you. things change. we don't know why, just have faith in our LORD. I will be happy to look it up on the verses I am talking about, or you can call me anytime or come by and we can go hunting and talk. just send me a pm and I will give you my number.

GOD,family, and the great outdoors

home of AKC dobermans

Profile  WWW
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:57 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

The fact of the matter is that this is the way the Devil is doing such a great job of keeping so many people from finding Jesus. Scientifically, noone can prove to you what a dinosaur looked like... Were they there? Also all of there "knowledge" and "understanding" is based off of something that someone said. Now you may be thinking isn't that the same thing that Christians are... While that is what many may deam as why they believe in Jesus that isn't the true reason one believes. The Bible is God's Holy Word however, it is not the tool that provides truth. The words that God spoke were the truth and the Bible is simply a record of the words that God spoke so that His children would understand the great vastness of his kingdom. The fact about cavemen and dinosaurs comes up all the time as a nonbelievers attempt to refute the life and story of Jesus Christ, (I am not calling you a nonbeliever in anyway) however, the reason they are trying to refute it is because they won't submit to the feelings that are of your "conscience"- This is God not some lucky feeling! The only way we become knowledgeable Christians is to research the Bible, by this I mean not simply read the Bible. You must go from one book to another, the Bible was told to be written in such a way that you could trace one verse to a previous one and most times to another later on. Keep your faith and study the Word and God shall reveal himself to you! Atleast He has to me! To God Be The Glory Forever And Ever Amen!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:21 am 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

thanks, guys. It had been 10 yrs before I went back to school let alone college, then a professor of mine went over these different ideas, to place in our minds I guess.
it was scientific beliefs vs. biblical time frame
I guess since it was all laid out and detailed and proven scientifically I started to wander exactly when the biblical times were, If there is proven artifacts dating back further then this 2,000 yr reign then that must mean that during biblical times either was started earlier then recorded or some other factor to be calculated. I want to get closer especially having 3 boys I want them to walk hand and hand with the Lord as well,

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:02 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

The devil is very cunning! He knows the scripture better than we do, so he can twist it any way he wants to.

Read Leviticus ch. 11 verse 20,23. It speaks of 4 legged birds! I believe these were dinosaurs!

Paul

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:32 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

The Bible itself was written 2000 so years ago but the "lack of a better word" stories were told many years before that! There's no greater thing than being a teenager and having your parents keeping you in church, because eventually you want to be there even when they can't. I know this for a fact, I'm 19 and am in church every time the doors are open!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:40 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

One's worldview will determine how they interpret the data. Secular scientists and creation scientists have the same data, but each interprets it differently. Creation scientists see God in creation, whereas secular scientist do not. Looking at the world through the "lens of the Bible" will help you understand. The Bible is God's word. Either you believe that or you don't. There's no in between. If even one thing is wrong, then everything in it is suspect, including savlation through the Lord Jesus Christ.

Here are some quick facts:

*The average size of dinosaurs was about the size of a sheep.
*The Grand Canyon was formed by the Noahaic flood.
*Diamonds and coal, which are supposedly millions of years old, have traces of C14 in them, which is impossible in an old Earth. Carbon dating proves this.
*Fossils are often found in MULTIPLE strata layers-evidence of rapid burial-like what happened in the flood.
*Science is the study of God's creation.
*If the Earth is millions of years old, then death and suffering entered the world before sin, which contradicts the Bible that says death and suffering entered AFTER man sinned (Genesis 3:16-19).

Some well know Creationists have data available. Do a search for videos for these guys: Ken Ham of Answers in Genesis, John Morris (and Henry Morris) of the Institute for Creation Research, and John Whitcomb.

They also have tremendous amounts of information of their sites. Check them out:

http://www.answersingenesis.org/
http://www.icr.org/
http://www.whitcombministries.org/

Here's a good interview that explains some of your questions:
http://www.answersingenesis.org/creatio ... lfborn.asp

In Christ,

Profile  WWW
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:47 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

I will agree with Brian on his resources. If you ever get up near Covington, KY or Cincinnati, OH drop in on the Creation Museum. Ken Hamm has quite a display there and it really helps you to see that believing the Bible does not make you stupid or less rational. God made the universe. A flood did happen, lots of branches of humans all refer back to a mega flood in their legends. For fossils to have formed they couldn't have all died and laid up on the surface to rot, they had to have been covered quick and deep. Dinosaurs are a name made up by darwinists but they didn't create the creatures, God did. In Job you have some reference made to a leviathan creature. There every reason to figure that was a big critter of some sort. For me the fact that the universe is unmeasurable going outward and is also as impossible to measure going inward atomically tells me that God is a maker of mysteries just so we will have no reason to doubt that He is there. Paul said as much in Romans that we are without excuse to know there is a God. Nearly as most scholars of the Bible figure the appearance of life on Earth is about 6-7000 years. Since God is not bound to time but created it I can't say why things so complex as this world we live on or as utterly enormous as the universe is appear to be so old but He made it for His own pleasure and we are not the center of it in any way. For whatever reason he made us out of His own plans and reasons but not because we were needed by Him. I will stick with studying my Bible and since we were made to explore and have dominion of the world study it also and give glory to the Creator for every marvelous deed and touch of His hand. Doing anything less is to worship the creation and that is dangerous.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:18 pm 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Willseeyalater thats' a excellent post!!!

Profile  WWW
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:39 am 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

I have no doubts who the creator is or who my savior is, but have been just trying to figure out the biblical time frame more in depth. It just wasn't adding up to me. It is not that I don't believe just that 2-4,00 yrs is different then millions, so is it that maybe a day in bibilical times is a year to an extent? Or the bible which is the word of God written down was written many years later than what was actually the case? There is many interpretations of the Bible as well and all tell different ways, I have been reviewing the Promise Keepers Mens study bible, It gives info in a vary different form from the KJV

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:30 am 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

jhurst wrote:
I have no doubts who the creator is or who my savior is, but have been just trying to figure out the biblical time frame more in depth. It just wasn't adding up to me. It is not that I don't believe just that 2-4,00 yrs is different then millions, so is it that maybe a day in bibilical times is a year to an extent? Or the bible which is the word of God written down was written many years later than what was actually the case? There is many interpretations of the Bible as well and all tell different ways, I have been reviewing the Promise Keepers Mens study bible, It gives info in a vary different form from the KJV

GO TO THIS LINK YOU HAVE TO THIS LILISTEN FOR A WHILE AFTER THE BIBLE STUDY THERE IS A ?AND ANSWER SECTION PASTUR MURRY TAKES THE BIBLE BACK TO THE ORIGINAL LANGUAGE

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:20 am 
IP:
Not to get too in depth but scientists discovered a cowboy boot in arizona that "carbon dates" 500,000 to 1,000,000 years ago. So how accurate is carbon dating? Also, one of my favorite questions to evolutionists is the evolution of eyes. By their own standards it would take millions of years for these to "evolve", yet an animal wouldn't evolve a cornea or retina for no reason. It would go against evolution. Yet with out the rest of the eye, it would be useless. Again, it goes against what they believe. There is no logical answer for these questions and they could be put to anything. Like ears and noses. The theory of evolution makes no sense when put to it's own standards.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:23 am 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

I think you have to understand that God's word was given to us to reveal all that we need to know for God's redemptive plan, wisdom and salvation. When science tosses numbers out of millions and billions good for them but the Bible is not a science reference book even though it includes things that are facts of history and mystery(just saw that rhymes). Look at the years given for generations from Adam to Noah to Abraham to David to Jesus. Comes out to some 4000 years, give or take. If Genesis says the world and life was made in six days then Jesus later quotes that same thing, since he was there and is the Creator I will go with what he said. I know you aren't disputing who created but the timeline is the matter. In the supernatural side of reality time is in no way an issue but God added it to our natural world to help us keep track of things. No telling how supernatural "no time" compares to natural "time". It's like comparing unrelated items that seem to be similar....roosters to airplanes for example....both have wings but the first one won't get you to far and forget bringing your luggage. LOL

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:13 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Jhurst,
There is a book out there that I believe will answer all of your questions.The title is The Mystery of Creation by Watchman Nee.Prayerfully read it and then let me know what you think.Here is a link to the online book.
http://www3.telus.net/trbrooks/MysteryofCreation.pdf

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:45 pm 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

I have not read that book by Watchman Knee but have read the "Release of The Spirit" by him. A deep read but excellent content.
I am told that since the Mt. St. Helens eruption geologic stratas have since formed that would be expected to form only after "millions of years" had past. I am told also that petrified would can be found in the blast area to.
As Christians we have these things thrown in our faces, and it isn't that we don't have faith, but it is weakned by doubt. For prayer to be answered we must put this doubt out of our lives and see our prayers answered.
Mel

Profile  WWW