CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:03 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: wv bear hunters
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:42 am 
IP:
iam getting a redtick off my uncle from peters creeck wv near summerville and iam looking for some to help me train him i have always hunted coons with curs so this is kind of my first bear hound trying to get in bear he always says i dont know what iam missing so i will tryit so any one from wv have any :idea: it would help thanks

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 6:12 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I would like to know how the Redtics are for big game? Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 6:50 pm 
IP:
that is all my uncle hunts with me and him and some of his buddys let me go last season and we bayed a 312 pounder 100 and a 189pounder we hunt with about 32 hound but this what i think a redtick is just right for bear his is hard track and tree dogs but the one iam getting off him is a hard bay hound i will send you a pic of it soon and he has the litter mates of the one iam getting they are for sale i will get some info on them if you want me to :)

Post subject: redticks
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:14 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

I use mostly redticks to hunt with. I have 5 redticks and 3 of which are good bear dogs and the other 2 im waitin to find out cause they are some younger pups. I also have and english bluetick who is my number one strike dog. So yes any type of english will make a good bear dog but so will any dog with the right training. You have it made in WV with a year round training season so if you spend the time working with the dog it will make a good one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:25 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Thats Awesome I'm just starting with my english pup but i think i am going to try to make a coyote hound out of him.... the guys that do it round here are big on there walkers or redbones.... yet i have even seen a lab mix out with the group so i guess with time and dedication you can make anything work

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:41 am 
IP:
round here people hunt with 8) plotts, redticks,blackandtan,and walker

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:44 am 
IP:
here is my cur she hard coon dog just started out on bear http://i3.tinypic.com/w1bcsi.jpg here is the bear we bayed last season 312pounder http://i3.tinypic.com/wce2v9.jpg

Last edited by mud man on Mon Apr 24, 2006 6:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:00 am 
IP:
any one coming here to hunt or trainthere dogs maybe i could tag along see if i can get my redtick started :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 7:26 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

do you have any pics of ur hounds i would like to see them... the english i have is one of few and far around here... i had to drive 3 hours to pick this one up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 5:45 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Mud Man we hunt 90% English on bear and have done real good with em
2004 season we treed 54 in training season and killed 12 in season all up a tree. In 2005 we treed a total of 73 and killed 20 in season. so in my opinion English are just as good as any. And already ran 2 and treed 1 so far this year. Got one question though the picture of the 312lbs bear you posted was that what it weighted? Reason asking it's on another post the one a Whetzel boy killed that lives 10 minutes away from
me that was supossed to weighted 580lbs .So what did it weight 312 or 580?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 5:07 pm 
IP:
ares wight 312 it was a

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 6:39 pm 
IP:
are redticks english hound or are there a differnts

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 4:41 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Mud Man I see you changed your picture good idea I personally wouldn't want to take credit for somebody else kill . Anyway back to your question
English can come in all sorts of colors. Red and white ; red, black, and white. All white with red ticks , Bluetick. Like I said about any combination
of those colors . We've got 9 English tied up at our house's . Here's 2 pictures of my newest addition he's 7 months old sire is Hardtime Swamp Cat and Dam is the 2006 Virginia State Champion Powell's Rainstorm Red Crickit

Post subject: mud man
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:05 am 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

Yes, bear dogs do come in all colors! I've attached my bearhole video clip so you can watch five of my hounds work a bear that ran to den rather than treeing this spring--that was a mistake, as those dogs sure did ruin it's day! Two of those dogs are Redbone and the other three English. Those dogs are about as gritty a hound as I want, as vet bills and dead dogs never got a guy anywhere mud man.

http://www.ingramwildlife.com/bearhole.wmv

keep'em treed!
ike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 5:40 pm 
IP:
no i do know they come all colors my ? was is a redtick and a english the same or are they differnet iam looking for some who want there coonhounds hunted here in wv if so pm me thanks