CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:02 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 3:16 pm 
IP:
Site Admin
Site Admin

OK, there is over 13,000 users. When I receive an email that states "I forgot my username and password" or "I can't get logged in", I have no way of knowing who you are from the other 13,000 members.

I have a link at the very top of the forum on the far right for account issues........that is why I named the link - Having Problems Logging In?. It's all explained in the Concerning Site and Forum Issues that the above link quides you to in black and white and list what the required info needed is.

When I receive an email that says "I forgot my username and password" or "I can't get logged in", I will respond back to go to that link and submit me the required info. I can not do anything without the required info.

The required info needed? Your username* and the email associated with your account.

*If you forgot username then we need the email associated with your account.

Why do I need this info? Because that is the only way I have to seperating 13,000 member accounts and finding your account among the 13.000 other accounts.

Why do I require both username and email associated with your account? Many times the username that has been submitted is incorrect or you have forgotten it, so I use the email address to locate the account.

Why do I require the email associated with your account to be submitted? Many times the email you emailed me from is not the email associated with your account, thus why I require you to submit the email associated with your account along with your username if you know it.

If you have forgotten your username, only way we can find your account is by looking up the email associated with your account.

Had a guy just email me and tell me I had the info to look up the account -- Yep, he's right, that info is there with the info of 13,000 other users. Problem is, I need to know that info to even look it up.

Accounts that do not have valid email addresses and cause us to receive returned emails because of it, get deleted out -- We keep those returned emails on file for 30 days -- In order to look up the returned email, we need the username and email associated with your account.

Why do we need that info? Only way to find and seperate those accounts to find your account.

Again, it's very simple, the only info we need to look up accounts is username and the email associated with your account.

HuntingBassets.com - A site dedicated to hunting with Basset Hounds

Profile  WWW

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:06 pm 
IP:
Site Admin
Site Admin

Folks, when you send me that email of "I forgot my username and password." and I email you back with a link of this thread to submit the required info in order to look up your account to separate you from 18,000 users and you keep emailing me back without submitting the required info you were instructed to submit...........GUESS WHAT? We are not going to be able to help you and provide support?

In order to provide support and look up your account against over 18,000 accounts we need some info in order to do so.

If you contact UKC to check up on some papers you mailed in but do not provide them the UKC #, dog's registered name, and registered owners name, do you think they can provide support.

There is a reason they need that info to look it up just like we need info in order to look up the info.

Please don't waste our time with back and forth emails if you can not provide us the required info.

Profile  WWW

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:27 am 
IP:
Site Admin
Site Admin

If you do not provide us info to look up your account, we can not provide any support. There is 25,000 forum members on the forum.......Unless I personally know you, you will have to provide the required info to us to find your account among the other 25,000 accounts.

Recent Email (Nov 2011):

Quote:
why cant i log in. what is the problem. why is it so hard? maybe i dont need to be on your website.

Support
Quote:
Nearly 25,000 members, you provided us no info to help separate you from the other 25,000 members.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=91359

Quote:
i told you that i couldnt LOGIN. dont worry, i wil take my business somewhere else.

Support
Quote:
Are you serious????????????

You emailed us you could not login -- you emailed us for support yet provided no information to look up your account -- HOW ARE WE TO PROVIDE SUPPORT ON YOUR LOGIN PROBLEM WHEN WE HAVE KNOW IDEA WHICH ONE YOU ARE OUT OF NEARLY 25,000 OTHER MEMBERS??????????????

If you read the link I emailed you, it would explain what info we need to look up accounts to provide support. There is an orange link at the top of the forum that says: Having Problems Logging In? as well.

Unfortunately, we are human and do not possess any magical powers to automatically know who is who out 25,000 people hence why we need info to look up accounts.

So since we are unable to provide support because you will not provide info to us to look up your account to see what your issue might be, there is not anything we can do for you.

The only way to get account support is provide the required info to look up your account -- with 25,000 forum members, that is the only way we can look up accounts.

Profile  WWW

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]