CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:37 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:31 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

anyone else notice payrolls electrical tape special just leaning up against the same tree his dog is treeing on??????? smart

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:36 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

we got over 150 coon this year and hunted all over. deer gun season starts saturday so does that mean no one will shoot a nice buck in this area? i think not

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:56 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

anyone else notice payrolls electrical tape special just leaning up against the same tree his dog is treeing on??????? smart

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:02 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

im from louisiana im in ohio rite now but have had dogs blowing the top out an shine deer on way to tree we just skirted around them an they just eased off im getting a pup in three weeks cant wait to get back out there hunting (dont tree them all im on my way ) lol

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:59 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

true story, I was hunting in Mason County Ky, couple seasons back, a beagle was running a spike I was watching and sorta laughing in my stand when to my surprise a 8 point buck came right up the same trail he was not one bit spooked and behind him came 2 does? I tagged out that morning and will never forget that one. I guess I owe a thanks to that dog that was one of the biggest bucks I have ever took. tha big kicker to this was we coon hunt this area hard all the way up to dear season then we leave the dogs home to keep from someone shooting them.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:41 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

we run into this all the time. people that think if we run our hounds that deer will never never never ever come back again. yea you bet. we hunt the same spots night after night and some spots always have deer in them when we pull in. hell my dog even ran them one night(he got yelled at), and guess what, show up next time, DEER STILL THERE AGAIN!! WHAT THE F*** DEER AREN'T SUPPOSED TO COME BACK TO A GROVE IF A DOG BARKS WITHIN SIX MILES OF IT!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:03 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

I had this guy actually tell me he didn't want me in there coon hunting cause it would make the deer go nocturnal! What a MORON!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:26 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Rem700 wrote:
I had this guy actually tell me he didn't want me in there coon hunting cause it would make the deer go nocturnal! What a MORON!

har har that's good!!!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:48 am 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

but what they do not realize is the older a deer gets the more nocturnal they go thats just my opinion

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:56 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

I have heard this all my life and it is not true have had 8 points standing there watching my boy tree bumped a young deer out of its bed on the way back to the truck last night he didnt care one iota got told to stay out of a particular patch when the deer moved out but the fields had all been cut tilled and they now have 3 large yote dens and a dozen half eaten deer carcasses from poor shooting and poor tracking and one set of "deer hunters" there wont let anyone recover off there "property" cause it might mess up their hunting
what is this world coming to?

PR' Odin's Hammer (black brindle)
PR' North Country's Frosted Blue Moon(maltese brindle)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:36 am 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

Slough wrote:
I know some deer hunters that want me to call them and tell them where I am going to put out when I go to their places. They will be there in the a.m. They say I might make the deer move out that night, but they are coming back in the a.m.

Those guys are thinking through the situation. They are exactically right, stir the nest a bit but they all go back to their beds later after feeding.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:25 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Here's an interesting article based off facts & data. Unfortunately MOST deer hunters are hard headed and closed minded around here.

http://houstoncountycoonclub.webs.com/interesting-facts

GRNITECH GRCH JBR HUSTLIN IN THE STICKS HTX

NITECH CH PR WHEN DARKNESS FALLS YOLO HTX

We also proudly support our local club: Houston County Coon Club
NEW MEMBERS WELCOME!!

http://houstoncountycoonclub.webs.com/

http://jckennelsandstables.webs.com/
https://www.facebook.com/jcfarms2015/

Profile  WWW
PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:14 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Thanks coon huntin cowgirl that was a interesting page 2 read I coon hunt and deer hunt the same land and always have good results with both! I'll coon hunt that night and have killed 3- 8 points and a 10 point the next mornin so in my opinion it dont bother the deer

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Ohub Campfire mobile app

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:23 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Hunted lots of squirrels and coon on the lease went back the next day and killed good bucks or does. more deer are run buy coyote and bobcat than coon or squirrel dogs ever did run. Have carried a few squirrel and coon hunting on the deer lease and after some have seen deer just watching the dogs. ive seen the same guys that went hunting arguing with other guys at camp about they did not no what they were talking about that the dogs did not run the deer off. So try to talk some deer hunters into going squirrel or coon hunting with you and prove it to them. I have found it changes there minds on things they have just herd about not what they really new first hand about.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:45 pm 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

Slough wrote:
I know some deer hunters that want me to call them and tell them where I am going to put out when I go to their places. They will be there in the a.m. They say I might make the deer move out that night, but they are coming back in the a.m.

People read a magazine ads and let their imagination get awaywith them, i.e. old full cryL Lol. Lots of others read Trofy Buck and believe crazy stuff in that like the best kind of purple top turnip for brows. and dogs and all that stuff. But money talks and BS walks , and if somebody wants a wilderness experience within a hundrend mile of Savannah , they are just dreaming but they spent up enough amoney mostly just to PRETEND they are in a wilderness and 2 they leased all the riggts to the place including the Gold Mining rights within a hundred miles of Savannah LOL.

now, lets pretend that I am a big foot hunter and get in a woods patch within a hundred miles of Savannah and I crank up with a BigFooit howl. I bet I can make several yard dogs brak. Coyotes howl. All that stuff.

It is Not up to me to point out that his custum made wilderness stand is within earshot of a yard dog. He BELIEVES he has spent HIS GOOD MONEY for a wilderness experience to shhot a nanygoat over hidden bait. That the piney woods he is sittin his buttaacks in a stand is in the third row once thinned that went to Union Camp. And if he had a an increment bore he would find that, His wildrness Virging forest was 32 years old . p and go to eating
Some people are stupid but they got money is a fact . recognize the fact. Try and educate them but they are rich. You can tell a leesor , but you can't tellum much. A coyote stalks , (i learned thissun on a nature TV program) and a fawn naturally lays down. LOL Now why would a full grown deer forget what comes natural? He/she don't. they lay there. they don't get up and run unless a deerchaser gets. after them. A dog trees and horny deerr lay there. The bad thing is , they lay there and the don't eat if they lay there and the real thing is they don't eat so they are hungry and when I leave they get up and go to eating after their schedule with puts them in sight of a cracker with a rifle when the sun gets up enough to get plunked. So in my infestion I says, Yes it may affect them as far as a wilderness hub bub is allowed. In their head.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next