CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:56 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Morning Hunts
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:56 pm 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

how does it seem to play out for yall. just thinking bout tring it sometime to see how my dogs works that early morning coon.

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject: Re: Morning Hunts
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:15 pm 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

i like hunting mornings myself especially when im dumping out about 45 minutes up to an hour before daylight, and because i work nights it really wears me out good enough to come in afterwards and sleep good. i usually get some good long chases in around that time. But im not near as quick nor near as in shape as the dogs so its after daylight before i get to em. LOL. I especially like taking my pup out at that time, almost a guarentee that he is gonna come across a track to work weather its cold or hot track. All in all had a lot of sucess.

'PR' TERMITE'S ROWDY
'PR' JOLLIE'S BUCK BRUSH AUGGIE

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:17 pm 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

thanks walker may try in soon to see how it ends

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:51 pm 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

varowdywalker how often do you try this? im wanting to hunt mornings but dunno if i can get up after being in woods all nite. may have to not hunt one Friday nite and do that

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:25 pm 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

i try to do this 1-2 times a week at least. I usually work night shifts so its perfect for me to get off work and go to the woods. so depends on how my schedule falls week to week on how many times i go early.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:32 am 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Loopy Dawg,
the morning hunts are something i started doing about a year ago. the hound you see treeing in my signature was more or less my project hound. he was a started hound with some trash problems at that time. but i got him broke from that. so i started taking him as late as 9 or 10am, intentionally trying to put him on the colder tracks. over a period of time i seen a significant change in the time it took him to run a track. the colder tracks at first took him a long time to run, but it was a challenge for him. that part of it i liked, because he had to really use his nose. it was and still is great experience for him or any hound in my opinion, especially to work thier tracking abilities. now i mixed it up on him a lot and still do, i still like getting a good hot track here and there but i like it when my hound has to really work for it. i dont hunt him off any buckets, just dump him out where ever and if there is a track he'll find it hot or cold. Like i said just my opinion on working a hounds tracking abilities and building confidence in using thier nose.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:15 am 
IP:
Loopy dawg,you know you just want to hunt in the morning so you can go by Hardees and get a biscuit...lol

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:34 am 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

varowdywalker i really appreciate your info good stuff. thats what i wanna do devlope my dog to really using his nose i gotta work with him a lil but i think this will help out alot.

thanks again,
Loopy DawG

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:49 am 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: A FRIDAY NITE HUNT ON PIGEON CAN TURN INTO A MORNING HUNT REAL EASY TRY THAT ! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

LIFE LONG MEMBER OF THE PIGEON MOUNTAIN CLAN !!!!YOUNG GUN KENNELS. HOME OF SOON TO BE WORLD FAMOUS { PAYROLLS LITTLE RIVER HARD KNOCKING STYLISH PAYDAY } !!!! IT DONT SOUND LIKE MUCH BUT ITS WHERE I AM FROM .I SAID IT DONT SOUND LIKE MUCH BUT ITS WHERE I AM FROM, WHERE THERES A COUNTY FAIR EVERY FALL UR FRIENDS ARE THERE WHEN YOU CALL !!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:20 pm 
IP:
Yeah tell me about it.Try turning loose at Estell or the Pocket right after dark,see ya at day break,dragging your rear behind ya.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:31 pm 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

I FEEL YOU NYTRO COUPLE OF MORNING HUNTS LIKE THAT COULD KEEP OLE LOOPY TO HUNTING NIGHTS !!! :D :D :D :D

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:50 pm 
IP:
Or giving it up all together. He aint "been out all night" untill he turns loose behind the barn at Estell at dark,and comes out out the blue hole at 7:00 the next morning.There aint no driving arround and tracking dogs back there big boy,its a dang long walk

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:57 pm 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

YEA ME AND OLE CP DONE THAT IN REVERSE ONE NIGHT WALKED TO CROSS ROADS AND CALLED JIM AT THE STORE TO COME AND GET US WHEN WE GOT BACK TO THE TOP CP SAID YOU WANT TO FIRE EM AGAIN , NOT GOING TO TELL YOU WHAT I SAID !! :shock: :shock:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:58 pm 
IP:
Probably said hell yea?And thats when it turned into an all nighter.We pulled that same junk over at ponders creek,left for home at day light,with two dogs still out,picked up one that nite round 6:00,didnt find Jake for a month,turned up at some guys house in Naomi fatter than he was when we turned him out.That was back in 1990 many moons ago

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:11 pm 
IP:
how far are yall from white co.