CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:41 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: cookin coon
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:42 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I was showed when I was a kid by my uncle you have to boil them and do two water change outs to get all the fat and grease out then you can grill it like most anything else and man its good. meat falling off the bone eat it like a pulled pork sandwitch.

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:31 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Sounds like what this thread really needs now are some good barbecue sauce recipes.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:39 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

I don't eat coon because it looks so greasy. But every coon we kill gets eaten by someone here in town. Usually around Thanksgiving and Christmas people will actually start "placing orders" for coons. We really don't kill a huge number of coons except around thankgiving and Christmas when we know people will be wanting them for holiday dinners. No joke.

Profile  WWW
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:48 am 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

i like to eat young coons baked :D . coons wont hurt ya, folks been eating them along time. i would say at one time coon kept people from going hungry.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:07 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

bbq is my favorite.......On a different note had a old black feller that i sell coon too and he asked me . young man you ever get any possum? to wich i replied no sir my dogs dont tree possum if they know whats good fer em . Well bout 3 weeks later went hunting with this feller who owned a walker who treed a possum to witch i shot down and he disciplined his dog after then i went to throw it in the woodz but remembered bout my buddy so i took it to him and asked now what you gonna do with this possum he said come in i show ya . Now with out being cleaned gutted or anything he put that joker on a flat pan burnt his hair off with a small torch and threw it WHOLE in the oven the smell alone got me that old man took that burnt nasty grub of meat and a went to knawin on that thing i dry heaved as he laughed now thats str8 nasty

FLORIDA BOY COON HUNTING

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:38 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

WHITEBREAD wrote:
bbq is my favorite.......On a different note had a old black feller that i sell coon too and he asked me . young man you ever get any possum? to wich i replied no sir my dogs dont tree possum if they know whats good fer em . Well bout 3 weeks later went hunting with this feller who owned a walker who treed a possum to witch i shot down and he disciplined his dog after then i went to throw it in the woodz but remembered bout my buddy so i took it to him and asked now what you gonna do with this possum he said come in i show ya . Now with out being cleaned gutted or anything he put that joker on a flat pan burnt his hair off with a small torch and threw it WHOLE in the oven the smell alone got me that old man took that burnt nasty grub of meat and a went to knawin on that thing i dry heaved as he laughed now thats str8 nasty

:mrgreen: I just barfed in my mouth a little :mrgreen:

"PR" MARLOWE'S MARVELOUS MOLLY

To hell with them fellas, buzzards gotta eat same as the worms. Clint Eastwood

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:39 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

i have eat a lot of them when i was growing up but never again unless i am starving to death. i don,t know how many i have killed some would lay for 2 days in freezing weather then when i skinned them white thread like worms would stand straight up out of the leg meat still alive. i know if you cooked it hard it would kill the worms, but still you eating a worm. but it is hard to tell what you are eating when you eat a hamburger.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:45 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

hobie wrote:
WHITEBREAD wrote:

sorry bud haha

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:44 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

WHITEBREAD wrote:
hobie wrote:
WHITEBREAD wrote:

sorry bud haha

Its all good WHITEBREAD! Well maybe not eating coon,I had it at a wild game dinner along with bear and they tasted the same and was not good.. If it was an emergency I could but that's it!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:09 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

yeah im more of a slap the horns off that steer and slice me up a steak kinda feller oh and dont forget the garlic mashed taters and fried okra

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:28 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

WHITEBREAD wrote:
yeah im more of a slap the horns off that steer and slice me up a steak kinda feller oh and dont forget the garlic mashed taters and fried okra

:D Ya hit the nail on the head :D

And that Steer is gota be a cracker!

Oh, by the way where is Plant City? I was born in Saint Pete.....

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:14 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

make sure you get all the glands off, soak in salt water for a few days in the fridge. salt and pepper to taste or your favorite rub. wrap in a sheet of cardboard, put in smoker on low heat for 4-5 hrs. pull out, let cool. throw away coon and eat cardboard. :lol:

Profile  WWW
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:24 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I have two
1: Barbeque coon
clean coon soak in salt water 24 hours , rinse then cook in crock pot till meat falls off the bone remove bone , drain water in to superset container add your favorite BBQ sauce { ours is KC master peace with brown sugar added to taste} add some of drained water to get the conscience that you want cook for 30 minutes and serve on bread or hamburger buns .

2: coon stew
clean coon soak in salt water 24 hours, rinse then debone coon and cube the meat put in roaster with carets, celery, Brussels sprout, corn, peas , potato, and any other vegetables that you like cook until done and serve .