Yes 20%  20%  [ 9 ]
NO 80%  80%  [ 37 ]
Total votes : 46
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 11:41 am 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

:D I thought it was very fitting :wink: If Ford, Chev., Dodge dont get offended.. dont know why a coonhunter would over the AKC.. then again.. is he a hunter??? :roll:

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 11:53 am 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

I guess he showed you, Buckshot! HE gets offended and WE don't have to read his defense of the AKC anymore-who's the loser in that equation?If he really wants to get offended, I'll airbrush up an AKC sign and take a picture of ME peeing on it!Oh, wait, was that in bad taste?As bad as PETA sending a naked woman to the circus for our kids to see? :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 11:55 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Susie wrote:
:D I thought it was very fitting :wink: If Ford, Chev., Dodge dont get offended.. dont know why a coonhunter would over the AKC.. then again.. is he a hunter??? :roll:

First off, anyone that knows me knows that I am a reasonable individual who is one of self determination.

I am NOT "supporting" AKC specifically. I am NOT supporting the PAWS legislation. I did my own research, I got FACTS that can not be disputed. I have asked that we not fight, bicker, argue, and tear each other apart. Steve Fielder is in fact someone that I would be honored to call a friend, and I have spoken to him about AKC's position, I have spoken in person to AKC's legal affairs team, and I have come to my own conclusions.

The problem that I have is that the folks on this site have become more opposed to AKC than they have the PAWS legislation......the "conflict of the month" is now AKC. First it was Redtick, then it was how someone donated money made from a calendar....read away.

What POSITIVE can come from the actions? You really think that AKC is going to listen to you if all you can do is bash them? Dissention is a good thing, when handled in a respectful and tasteful way. All that can come of actions on this message board is to drive a wedge between the folks that love this sport.

For the record, I am as hard a hunter as takes a breath. I have a kennel full of dogs, compete regularly, and do my share of winning HONESTLY. I am most concerned with the YOUTH movement, and wonder how old the average user on this message board is. What poison are we feeding to the youngsters that are just learning to love hunting and following hounds.

By the way, my phone number is 260-901-9011, any of you are welcome to give me a call, talk coon hounds and coon hunting. Bring your boots and your light and we will talk about it on the tailgate of the truck.....but for me, I won't be a party to tearing the support system that we have in place, our solidarity as coonhunters, apart.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 12:02 pm 
IP:
Site Admin
Site Admin

Joe, I thought you wanted me to delete your account?

If so, why are you still posting?

Do you want me to delete your account or not?

Joe I am a Ford man.................it does not bother me to see this on a Chevy by a hardcore Chevy man that doesn't like Fords and thinks Fords are a peice of Junk.

You see these stickers all the time with all type of different names on the bottom................then one time you see it with AKC.............you get offended.

Personally, the only thing that I would be offended if it had Jesus name on it.

HUH, AKC started deleting simple questions to PAWS questions. Nothing was posted negative towards AKC, simple questions.

Then they started to edit the post, delete them , and them ban people.

Some of those post on AKC's site concerning PAWS is 1000 times worse that the simple few questions I asked that got deleted and then banned for.

It kills me to see those post still on there and the persons who posted not banned. Cause all I did was ask a simple questions nicely. Not like some of those mean spirited negative post.

That is why I got the word out about AKC deleting and banning people for asking PAWS questions. I see that they are now keepin PAWS questions and post on there.

So not only do I not support PAWS, I also do not support AKC since the way they handled the PAWS situation on the board.

Conflict of the month---------------if I have a problem with something, then I am going to bring the issue up and talk about it.

If you don't wan't to read, then don't.

But, I will not stop bringing my opinions and exposing facts anytime soon.

Quote:
I won't be a party to tearing the support system that we have in place, our solidarity as coonhunters, apart.

Then maybe you shouldn't be posting on th AKC board, cause by doing so you are apart of it as you put it.

WHY?

Cause on the AKC board Steve Fielder is the one throwing the UKC jabs not UKC throwing AKC jabs over PAWS.

Did UKC send out a letter informing people about PAWS and said that the other supporters were animal rights groups? YES

Is it not a fact that HSUS, PETA, and DDAL support PAWS along with AKC?

Yes.

UKC just stated the facts............Nothing wrong with stating the facts.

I think you need to re-look at who is throwing the kennel clubs jabs at each other.................You will find AKC is throwing them.

Show me where UKC thew the AKC jabs. (Cause I can't find any.)

I'll show you where AKC threw the UKC jabs. (I can show you a few.)

HuntingBassets.com - A site dedicated to hunting with Basset Hounds

Last edited by Buckshot on Fri Aug 12, 2005 12:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Profile  WWW
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 12:20 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

one of the reasons i come to this forum is to see what sides people take on differant subjects.if we all agreed all the time,we would be boring!!! i happen to enjoy the conflicts we have on this forum.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 12:21 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

The PAWS bill not withstanding, betrayal is betrayal.If AKC is FOR anything PETA and HSUS backs, they are AGAINST hunting- therefore, they are against ME.And anyone that gets offended by the sticker of Calvin peeing on something obviously hasn't driven down a road in South Carolina in the past 10 years, or they would have turned in their driver's license by now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 12:43 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

:shock: Coleman.. whewwwww.. lol.. I dont wanna see that pic..lol

Oak Ridge.. blah, blah, blah... I wouldnt sit on your tail gate for all the doggie biscuits in the world.. You dont have to agree with me.. and I dont have to agree with you... and in case your wondering.. Im not some snot nose lil girl.. Im 36 and have been in the woods 26 years.. so I know a thing or two about hunting, showing and hounds.. Also I regularly petition the Senate .. so I know how the system works.. I know how to make your voice beheard and I know how to fight for things that I think are right.. and I will fight tooth and nail to keep PAWS at bay.. and by not supporting AKC I am not supporting the PAWS bill...... There ya have it.. right from me..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 4:06 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

Until recently I had been looking forward to going. Now.. I wouldn't go to save my life.
Oak Ridge.. I talked too Steve also. You're right. He is a nice guy and. He is inteligant enough to make their side sound as great as he can. They (hopefuly) will loose all future hopes of having their coonhound department go anywhere. And all their other departments as far as that goes. We have begals and bassets too and We are doing what we can now to get them registered elsewhere so we don't have to do any dealings with AKC period.
They were soundsing so good too. Too bad they had to go and get politcal like that.

Dennis "Marty" West
westshounds@yahoo.com
Yahoo msgr:westshounds

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 4:10 pm 
IP:
ARHA/NKC, UKC and PKC will register them all. I have beagles to and I won't register anymore AKC.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 6:56 pm 
IP:
Im not going to anything that an anti hunting group runs!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 10:20 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

Thanks Steve. We'll look into them all. Then send AKC our dogs papers and ask them to remove us.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 6:59 am 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

No, I wouldn't go if they sent me a limousine to get there in. On Calvin - I have one on my gun cabinet that says anti-hunters and have seen so many on cars and trucks that they don't really offend anymore. Oak Ridge, I can't speak for anyone else on here but I am becoming anti-AKC and treating it like the enemy because AKC has become the enemy by standing with PETA, DDL and HSUS on the PAWS legislation. I will not support AKC now and will never again register a dog with them even if it is free unless they come out publicly and admit they messed up on this one. Until I heard what they've done to the people who disagree with PAWS on their message boards I hadn't really seen biased censorship in action - it isn't pretty. They are also in conflict with their own message board policy when they edit people's posts because they state that the posts are not the opinion of AKC and don't mean the AKC approves or disapproves of the posts. How can that be when AKC rewrites the post?!!! As far as I'm concerned enough is enough and the AKC is in bed with the antis.

Post subject: can't serve 2 masters
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 1:08 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

i'd say that applies here too - can't be fore hunters and against them - have to choose - no kennel registry is pure they all to an extent are in it for the money - some just moreso than others - some do more damage than others - my experience is that AKC thinks of themselves and money first and foremost - I am sure the other registries can continue to help us keep the sport alive and well -

they also give us all choices - and that's what we all get to do - choose to register participate hunt show etc in as many or as few as we each choose!!

God Bless
Tracy :wink:

Profile  WWW
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 1:40 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

they wont get my money ever and goverment regulated or not i will hunt and breed my dogs any time i like anywhere i want and they can kiss my southern back side

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 2:17 pm 
IP:
buckshot wrote:
Even ole Calvin shows what he thinks!!

:) :) :) thats funny buckshot