CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:01 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: How does this Work
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:16 am 
IP:
I'm rather new to coon hunting so please forgive my ignorience but I really dont understand how this works. There are many grand nite champs, how does a dog become this? Does this mean they are the best dog of a certain year or breed or what? Please help me understand this better thanks

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:22 am 
IP:
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quote:
Titles of Excellence from UKC and Requirements to Earn Them
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Revised June 1, 2004

The rules, regulations, classifications, classes and Championship points as recognized by the United Kennel Club are uniform throughout the United States and Canada. They are not given on a local or geographical basis.

The degrees of excellence as issued and recognized by the United Kennel Club, Inc. are:

1. UKC NITE CHAMPION (NITE CH) The official UKC points awarded in the registered portion of a UKC Licensed Nite Hunt are as follows:

PLACE
1st
2nd
3rd
4th
5th
6th
7th
8th
9th
10th ..................................
.................................. POINTS

To be declared an official Nite Champion, a dog must have at least 100 UKC points recorded on the records in the UKC Championship Office and have at least one first place win in a UKC Licensed Nite Hunt. A dog must have a total score of plus points, and be a cast winner, before they can receive Championship points. The ten high point cast winners from different casts will be judged the first ten winners.

2. UKC SHOW CHAMPION (CH) The following points and classes have been established for the placement of a UKC Registered dog in order to earn Show Champion points:

Definition of Classes: Males and females are shown separately.

Puppy Class: Shall be for dogs six (6) months to one (1) year of age. The winner of this class will be awarded ten (10) points.

Junior Class: Shall be for dogs one year of age and under two years of age. The winner of the class will be awarded ten (10) points.

Senior Class: Shall be for dogs two years of age and over. The winner of this class will be awarded ten (10) points.

Best of Breed: Shall be selected from the winners of the Puppy, Junior and Senior Classes. The winner of this class shall be known as Best of Breed and shall be awarded fifteen (15) points.

Best Male or Female of Show: Shall be selected from the Best of Breed winners. The winner shall be known as Best Male or Female of Show and awarded ten (10) points.

Points Awarded:

First In Class-Males
First In Class-Females
Best Male of Breed
Best Female of Breed
Best Male of Show
Best Female of Show 10 points
10 points
15 points
15 points
10 points
10 points

Qualifications for UKC recognized Show Champion: Dog must have earned a minimum of 100 UKC recorded Championship points and one win for “Best Male of Show” or “Best Female of Show”. Dog must have competition at the Class, Breed or Show level at the event they win Best of Show. Dog having no competition will receive Championship points but no win toward the Show Champion degree. Points must be earned under at least two different Judges.

3. UKC FIELD CHAMPION (FCH) 100 Championship points and must include one First Tree and First Line win in Grand Finals at least one time on the same date and in the same trial.

4. UKC WATER RACE CHAMPION (WCH) 100 Championship points and must include one First Tree and First Line win in Grand Finals at least one time on the same date and in the same race.

5. GRAND NITE CHAMPION (GRNITECH) Earned by winning five (5) Champion of Nite Champions events at a UKC Licensed Nite Hunt. In this portion of the event, only Nite Champions compete against Nite Champions.

The number of dogs awarded Nite Champion wins toward their Grand Nite Champion degree will be based on the number of Nite Champions entered in the event.

# Of Nite Ch's Entered
1-20
21-40
41 & Over # Of Dogs Given Nite CH Placements

Placements will only be given to Nite Champions who are cast winners. For example, in an event in which there are 45 Nite Champions entered, the three highest scoring Nite Champion cast winners would be given wins toward their Grand Nite Champion degree.

In case of a two-night hunt, when calculating the number of Nite Champions entered, each night is counted separately.

6. GRAND SHOW CHAMPION (GRCH) Earned by winning five (5) Champion of Champions show classes in at least five different UKC Licensed Bench Shows. Must be under at least three different Judges. In this portion of the event, only Show Champions compete against Show Champions. Males and females will be shown separately and a Championship win will be awarded to each sex.

7. GRAND FIELD CHAMPION (GRFCH) A Champion must win five (5) Champion category events or heats, including at least one Grand Line and one Grand Tree Final on the same date and in the same trial, to become a UKC Grand Field Trial Champion.

8. GRAND WATER RACE CHAMPION (GRWCH) A Champion must win five (5) Champion category events or heats, including at least one Grand Line and One Grand Tree Final on the same date and in the same race, to become a UKC Grand Water Race Champion.

Effective June 1, 2004, UKC began offering two additional titles for Coonhounds, Beagles and Cur and Feists.

9. CONFORMATION CHAMPION (CCH). May be earned by Beagles, Coonhounds or Cur and Feist breeds participating in the Conformation Events administered by the Dog Events Department and held under the Official UKC Conformation Rules. Top Ten points cannot be earned at these events.

10. CONFORMATION GRAND CHAMPION (CGRCH). May be earned by Beagles, Coonhounds or Cur and Feist breeds participating in the Conformation Events administered by the Dog Events Department and held under the Official UKC Conformation Rules. Top Ten points cannot be earned at these.

http://www.ukcdogs.com/WebSite.nsf/Rule ... w&group=CO

HuntingBassets.com - A site dedicated to hunting with Basset Hounds

Last edited by Buckshot on Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile  WWW
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:36 am 
IP:
Thank you

Post subject: What does this mean????
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:29 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I see this a lot what does it mean

Nt Ch Gr Ch

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:43 pm 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

nite champion / grand champion.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:10 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Thank you

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:14 pm 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

your welcome

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:53 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

I have never been to a compitetion hunt so this is an honest question for those of you who know better than me. Recently a local guy went down south and bought a 2 year old nite champ. The dog has been here for a month and has been hunted plenty. The thing is, the dog has never treed a coon. It has been hunted alone and with another dog. We have plenty of coons. We don't have tons of coons, but we have enough. We don't hunt over feeder buckets, just turn them loose and they hunt. None of us comp hunt but we have dogs that will go tree a coon when you turn it loose and do it right. I'm just wondering how a dog that won't tree a coon when the other dogs are treeing coons in the area becomes a nite champ? Is it just crafty handling or what? I have no plans to comp hunt and I could care less about titles, but this sure makes me wonder about how much those titles actually mean. Someone clue me in. Are the titles worth anything? My guess is that the best coon dogs in the country are in a kennel in some guys back yard where no one will ever know but the guys that hunt them.

Profile  WWW
 Post subject: Re: How does this Work
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:49 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Maybe I should have rephrased the title of my post. I understand how dogs get titles, I was wondering how a dog that can't tree a coon gets a title.

Profile  WWW
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:00 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

he could be running a good dog under a junk dogs papers. makes them a ntch without even taking it out of the kennel.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:21 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

must be something like that. I know one night he was hunted and never struck a track. We were right down the road and treed 4. It is a shame that people make dogs out to be something they aren't...or even worse, just being crooked.

Profile  WWW
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:16 am 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

preacherbc wrote:
It is a shame that people make dogs out to be something they aren't...or even worse, just being crooked.

That's your first lesson in this gig.
Let the second one be: Don't buy before you try.

Saint and Ticket

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:36 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Can someone please tell me what a dog has to do to become a grand champion on my dogs papers it has her at grch

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:37 pm 
IP:
Site Admin
Site Admin

dcs1982, look back up at the top of the thread in the quoted white box (2nd post of the thread) as the info is listed.

Profile  WWW
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:31 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Thank you I see it now