Poll ended at Fri Aug 12, 2005 9:02 pm
I'm for it. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
I'm against it. 84%  84%  [ 21 ]
Doesnt matter. 16%  16%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 25
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 4:50 pm 
IP:
Farmhand that is not true at all every other sporting dog breed has its hunters and its show dogs with AKC. There is no difference here. Breeders know what they want and fanciers do to Like I stated above I hunt beagles also I know the difference in a show line and a hunting line So do the show people. I bet you can ask one of the show breeder about many of the show stud dogs and they couls answer you just like we could on the hunting B&T's. They do as much research as we do on our pups.

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject: Possum, Farmhand
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 7:18 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

Do I understand ya;ll correctly in that a true Black andTan COONHOUND should change its name instead of a Black and Tan Showhound. I agree that the AKC B&T's are different but I would be willing to bet that less than a 1/3 of the AKC B&T's can still hunt.

Benjie Massie

NTCH GRCH BTTB Sugar Cane

Sugar Candy Cane(Crokett's BLK Nute x Sugar Cane)

http://www.sdh.proboards.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 10:42 pm 
IP:
Let me get my stance on this straight. I think it is a load of bull to keep them seperate. However i can see their point. Steve you are exactlty right!!!! If they dont want to breed their tyoe out, then they just dont need to breed to the "REAL" B&T's. I agree with however said instead of changing the hunting dogs name, The AKC B&T should be the American B&T showdog!!!! and the "REAL" B&T's(the ones who are actually hunted) should be the American B&T COONHOUND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I tell ya'll what, go to AKC's site and go to the B&T forum. Look under the B&T assoc. headline. There is a woman who strictly shows her dogs, that says she resents her dogs being called bench ornaments(which they are). She says that she did her level best to make sure she didnt breed a dog that didnt have (get this) "Hunting Instinct" This is the biggest load of crap i have ever heard. I havent made up my mind whether to reg. w/ AKC or not, But i got pissed when i was jumped on for asking ?'s about their inspecting practices. It is already expensive enough to reg.w/ 2 KC's, DNA, and Super Stake a litter of pups. Its is seeoming to be more trouble than itn is worth

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 11:43 pm 
IP:
Russell I will not register with AKC for one how us hunting people are being treated and two because they are in bed with the antis and thier stance on peoples opinions. You seen it yourself yours and I's debate got deleted I have been banned for putting the facts out on PAWS and asking questions. AKC can enjoy thier misery because I will not offer them any form of support. They can't respect me and my opinions or anyone elses for that matter. Then I want nothing to do with them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 2:26 pm 
IP:
Do those of you who disagree with me hunt the AKC Black&Tans? I would bet not. I do and know of several others who prefer this type of dog for hunting. We like them as they are and don't want outcrosses. These strains took a long time to develop, and it would be a shame to flush them down the outcross toilet. I know of several bear hunters who will hunt no other kind of dog--these ain't no showdogs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 3:39 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

I would love to have an AKC B&T that still had hunt bred into it. However I still would say 90% are show dogs. Even Steve Fielder indicated hunting instinct is not primary in the AKC B&T breeding. However I will support calling the AKC B&T's Trail and Treehounds and the UKC B&T's Coonhounds.