CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:06 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

What is your favorite coonhound?
Poll ended at Wed Aug 10, 2005 9:59 am
Walker 32%  32%  [ 24 ]
Bluetick 35%  35%  [ 26 ]
Redbone 15%  15%  [ 11 ]
B&T 14%  14%  [ 10 ]
Curs 4%  4%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 74
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 8:03 pm 
IP:
Drew could it be that there are so many of them because they are the most misbread breed of coonhounds. I will say I hunt with alot of walker people and everysingle one of them on bad scent conditioned nights will say I wish I had a black dog. I wonder why that is. There are far more walkers out there than any other breed but there are far more culls in the walker breed also.

As far as you saying other breeds can't hang with walkers I have a gyp here that is not fully broke yet and she has hung with some of the top in the state.

If you read my post above about situations that have happened just to me then you might understand it. I have talked to alot of other non walker hunting people and they say the same thing has happened to me. Some of the guys I hunt with that own walkers will tell you that bringing anything but a walker to a hunt already puts you at an unfair advantage. You know good and darn well that alot of these walker people do not want another breed at the top and alot will do anything in thier power to stop it. I do not comp hunt much because of all the cheating and people take it to darn serious for what it is. I don't care what breed you have as long as the best coondog wins. I have also been to far more slick trees with walkers than any other breed also. But if you hunt in the summer down here it is all circle points even if you know there isn't one up there and a 3 walker to 1 black dog vote goes into the walkers favor.

Walkers have been bread with to much tree and I have noticed also to much babbling also (which isn't enforced in the hunts) My gyp does not open her mouth till she has a track. Alot of walkers open up 25 feet from the handler and will stay open all night even if they don't ever tree The walker people I hunt with are die hard walker people and they will even tell you other breeds have better noses on them and seem to be tighter mouthed.

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject: I like walkers.....
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 9:00 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

for fox and deer hunting.

Benjie Massie

NTCH GRCH BTTB Sugar Cane

Sugar Candy Cane(Crokett's BLK Nute x Sugar Cane)

http://www.sdh.proboards.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 9:10 pm 
IP:
:D :D :D :D :D LOL,LOL,LOL. You guys are killin me with this. When your all done with this lets start one over which is the best lookin girl. Blonde, brunnette etc. Then lets go for the mother of all debates. Ford vs Chevy we will let the Dodge folks moderate. Just kiddin. I hope you younger folks do get the chance through your hounding career's to experience a truly good hound of each breed type. It is worth doin trust me. Oh ya, I almost forgot pepsi vs coke come on now what do you say? :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 9:15 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

LCK u forgot about COON V.S. HOUND.??? :lol: :lol:

IF IT AIN'T BLUE, IT JUST AIN'T GONNA DO

Home of PR Bo's Blue Flame

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 10:39 pm 
IP:
SUSPENDED

I am not saying that walkers are the best coondogs ever. I did say that if I could find me a nice blue english I would sale both of my walkers to have it. I do know what you are saying about walkers having trouble on a cold trail. I do have to agree that Black dogs do have probably the best noses I have seen, but in my opinion ( I have probably not hunted with as many as you) black dogs are a little slower on trail. Yes walkers do slick tree. But which breed of dog doesnt? Yes there are a lot more culls in walker, because there are a lot more of them bred. there are culls in every breed. I also have to agree with you that there are a lot of mis breeding in walkers. But I guess my question is......just because there are more walkers out there that no other breed has a fair chance at the world title? I mean I dont know if its true or not but I think if you add all the dogs up from every other breed there are probably more of them than there are walkers? I am not just a walker man. Before I ever bought my first dog I swore up and down I wouldnt own a walker! But I couldnt find a dog around here that I like all around better than the walker I bought. So dont think I am strictly walker because that is not the case, its just that the ones I own fit my preferences better than any other breed.

LCK - I would have to say Blondes, Ford and COKE!! LOL

HOME OF :
'PR' SHAVER'S SOUTHERN ROSE
'PR' SHAVER'S SOUTHERN BELLE
GRCH 'PR' CHAD'S DOGWOOD ROSE

SOUTHERN ROSE TREED:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 10:53 pm 
IP:
First of all I have hunted with Walkers,B&T,Blueticks,&redbones. And everyone one of them slick treed. And you cant blame it all on the dog because any good coonhunter knows that coons do play mind games and switch trees and so on.And whenever the whole grand champion thing was brought into this and competition hunts was brought into this I knew exactly what was goingto be said. "Everyone favors walkers"...(so cry about it!!) It seems to me that if everyone is favoring them then apparently they are doing there job. and about the whole I see eyes and then when the blue hunter came over they werent there. Im sorry to tell you but a judge isnt going to do that. If that was the case then competition hunts wouldnt be going on.So for the people saying Walkers slick tree. Then I want youto come to my place and hunt with me for a week and I guarantee your breed will slick tree too. Hell half the time slicks happen is because the coon has been ran before and he is smart and knows what to do. I has seen all the breeds I have hunted with slick tree so I dont wana here the whole it is WALKERS that are the only ones slick treeing. if that was the case how does it always boil down the Walkers winning the hunts and grand championships. And dont go saying well there are a lot more walkers that is why. if that is the case then apparently your breed isn't better. A good example for that is a spelling bee. The kids arent all the same age or grade but the younger kids seems to over do the older kids so that must mean he can spell better. So there is no reason another breed couldnt outhunt the walkers it is just that it doesnt happen much at competitions.(and dont give me none of the judges cheating SH*T either!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 11:25 pm 
IP:
SUSPENDED

TREED4GOOD HAHA you hit the nail on the head, but they arent going to listen to you ( or me!).......the ones that dont hunt walkers think they are being cheated and a walker can only slick tree and the only reason there are so many walkers is because of bad breeding and so on. I am with you when you say why cant another breed out do a walker? I mean it has been done before in the WORLD HUNT......but not that many times. I mean is there that much cheating even in the world hunt that they cheat....just so a WALKER will win????? COME ON!!! I know there is cheatin in this sport just like there is cheatin in school and everything else...but there is not that much cheatin that goes on just so WALKERS can be said they are the better dogs!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 11:47 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Stephens curs :D :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 12:42 am 
IP:
AllRndHunter wrote:
TREED4GOOD HAHA you hit the nail on the head, but they arent going to listen to you ( or me!).......the ones that dont hunt walkers think they are being cheated and a walker can only slick tree and the only reason there are so many walkers is because of bad breeding and so on. I am with you when you say why cant another breed out do a walker? I mean it has been done before in the WORLD HUNT......but not that many times. I mean is there that much cheating even in the world hunt that they cheat....just so a WALKER will win????? COME ON!!! I know there is cheatin in this sport just like there is cheatin in school and everything else...but there is not that much cheatin that goes on just so WALKERS can be said they are the better dogs!

I really dont care if they listen. I know a good dog when I hunt with it and thre isnt a dog out there that doesnt slick tree and just because Walkers win all the titles now the jealous hunters are saying there is cheating going on. I learned quick that jealousy gets you NO WHERE!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 2:23 am 
IP:
I'M DONE FIGHTING WITH PEOPLE OVER GODS GIFT TO US. EVERYONE TAKE YOUR BREED YOU LIKE AND HUNT THEM TO THERE FULL POTENTIAL. GOOD LUCK AND TREE EM ALL

THANKS MIKE

P.S. I HOPE THE NEW POSTS ARE TO YOUR INTEREST. ILL BE IN WALKER TALK SO UNLESS THERE IS SOMETHING GOOD TO BE SAID JUST PM AND ILL GET BAK TO YA!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 2:33 am 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

i would say that 50 % of walker trees are sllick as Cow Sh*t!!!! and i do hunt walkers some i own 1 myself he don't slick or run as much trash as the others can and will do. And people that hunt bluedogs will tell u most the time when a blue gets treed it's got the meat and i ain't talking about opposums niether!!! WALKERS babble too much Run Trash Too much and Slick TREE tooo much!!!!! THat is what i am getting to. AND YES THERE IS A LOT OF CHEATING THAT GOSE ON IN THE HUNTS YALL ARE JUST ON THE GOOD SIDE OF THE CHEATTING!!!!!! :twisted: :!: :!:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 2:39 am 
IP:
give it up.. if someones dog slick trees then apparently it has room for improvement. my buddy called me tonight and he owns 2 blueticks and asked me when i was breeding again cause he treed 4 tonight and there was only eyes in 1 tree. so blues tree too. give it up im trying to make this easier on everyone to quit the fighting

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 2:45 am 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

I WOULD LIKE TO SEE PKC OR UKC GET ONE OF EACH FROM ENGLISH BLUE BLACK AND WALKER AND REDBONE ALL ON ONE CAST. I AM TALKING ABOUT THE BEST DOG OF THAT BREED AND PUT IT IN AND HUNT FOR A BREED TYPE BRAGGIN RIGHT. HAVE ONE HUNT LIKE THIS PER YEAR.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 2:47 am 
IP:
IM DONE ARGUING WITH EVERYONE. IT SHOULDNT BE LIKE THIS IN THE FIRST PLACE. GOD GAVE US THESE DOGS FOR OUR OWN GOOD. IM DONE WITH THIS WHOLE ARGUING THING.
MIKE

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 6:19 am 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

You know I'm into beagles more then I am coon dogs. I gotta' say I'm glad the beagle world never started registering beagles by color. I truly wish the coondog world was the same way. Sure you have black and tan, redtick, bluetick, tricolor etc..... beagle's. But they are all just registered as beagles. Some guys only keep one color, but there really isn't this idea that different running traits are linked with the color of a dog. People are free to breed running trait to running trait without worrying about the color of their dog.

I wish the coondog world was the same way. I wish UKC would come up with another hound class called American Hound dog or something like that. As long as a hound was previously registered it would be in this division and you'd be free to cross it with any other hound. Eventually this one breed would replace all the six others. Just my thoughts.

DK

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next