CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:19 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

What is your favorite coonhound?
Poll ended at Wed Aug 10, 2005 9:59 am
Walker 32%  32%  [ 24 ]
Bluetick 35%  35%  [ 26 ]
Redbone 15%  15%  [ 11 ]
B&T 14%  14%  [ 10 ]
Curs 4%  4%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 74
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 1:38 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

I see all this about all these breed of coon dogs myself i have english and bluetick i had 2 walkers and didnt like them but i think all breeds have good and bad period but you should remember where they all started

Visit my dad's site: www.strikinbluekennels.com

Profile  WWW

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 1:51 pm 
IP:
I am new to the sport but I need to say my 2 cents worth here. My local clubs is mostly english, with couple guys having a walker and atleast 1 guy a black and tan. My self I just got to young redtick english. However I hunted way back when ,20 years ago, with a guy who had a redbone. I hope I never find myslef getting to the piont of only hunting 1 breed, to me its all about the hunt and seeing what a dog can do. now at my club because of the numbers english usally out performs all others however there is 4 english to every 1 of any other breed, therefore the % is in english favor. Also a person can take the best of any bloodline and depending on the person or type of trianing that pup gets depends on what he will turn out to be. I truely plan to get into comp hunts soon but I knew if I every get to the piont where i feel any other breed than the one I am running at that present time is worthless then I hope I have enough sence left to retire from the sport all the way around. I guess I am just saying its more about the hunt and seeing what the dogs, no matter what breed can do, beacuse of its trianing or bloodline.

Post subject: imo
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 1:55 pm 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

walkers are good......BUT there is gettin to be way to many of them darn things and not enough of the old traditional coonhounds i voted bluetick those r my favs i started with one and i hunted walkers,redticks, and a b&t havent hunted ne other ones i have decided to get a bluetick and a redtick

'PR' DUVALLS STAYPUT BONZEYE
Ethan Duvall
1-479-858-1967

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 2:04 pm 
IP:
I dont care if you hunt with english or bluetick I still say hunt with walkers and tree more coons and also look you see a walker win night chapion mostly every year. And because walker always win the titles they ar acused of cheating from jealousy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 2:10 pm 
IP:
Walkers always win the titles thats funny look at the percentages B&T's have a higher percentage in the hunts for numbers entered verus wins than walkers do. I sure the heck aint jealous of any walkers If I was I wouldn't hunt with people that have them. It is a fact that 3-1 ratio the 3 usually come on top. But it is funny at B&T sectionals I hear walker people saying the same thing those Black dog people won't have it for a walker to win thier sectional. So I guess those walker people are jealous of our B&T's right.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 2:20 pm 
IP:
why the hell would a walker that wins all the night chapions and titles be jelous of a dog that is never even herd of that much? jelous of black and tans hahaha

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 2:34 pm 
IP:
Steve Jarrell wrote:
So I guess those walker people are jealous of our B&T's right.

:cry: :wink: lolololololol not me

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 2:38 pm 
IP:
I didn't say they were I was refering to your statement of jealousy. It is the same instance as what you stated jealousy. I sure aint jealous of any walker dog. I am a firm believer of the best dog wins but that does not always happen and we all know it is true. I don't care what you hunt if it deserves to win then it deserves to win but I have seen to many instances that the dog doesn't deserve to win and does. You look at bench shows it is the same thing if you have a walker in a show and the judge is a bluetick guy the odds are already stacked against you. With todays system if there is 3 englishes in a cast and 1 bluetick the odds are already stacked against the bluetick. It is just how it is. But also look at other breeds I have seen some good plotts but you don't see them in alot of hunts does this not mean they are coonhounds and couldn't win the hunts no it doesn't there are far fewer comp hunters in the "smaller" breeds than walkers. Go to a few PKC hunts alot you go to probably only have walkers in them hmm wonder what breed will win. I know at my club and the clubs I hunt at unless I hunt they are all walkers in the hunts and I don't comp hunt much right now. Just look at it from a different light. Because I hunt with alot of walker people and they will tell you the same thing and all they have is walkers they will admit the odds are in favor of a walker especially in the summertime. and some of them actually have walkers that I would consider a coonhound. But most walkers I would not consider that because I look at trailing and treeing ability and to me walkers have the treeing ability but the majority don't have the trailing ability. We can debate this all day long and will never see where each other are comming from. Just go to a hunt with another breed besides walkers and see what you get.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 3:15 pm 
IP:
like i said
brighteyes wrote:
i HAVE hunted with the best of the best of english, blueticks, b&t around here i havent seen/hear of any plotts and curs around here if i had i would go and hunt with them

let me ask u another question then why are all the comp. hunters hunting walkers then?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 3:39 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

Because walkers have a hotter nose and that means they will tree sooner and can tree more coons in the time limit than the other breeds

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 3:44 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

i will tell ya y!!! cuz they are starting earlyier then the other breeds that is the only reason!!!!

IF IT AIN'T BLUE, IT JUST AIN'T GONNA DO

Home of PR Bo's Blue Flame

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 3:46 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

and most walkers 85% of them are feeder bucket dogs! :!:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 4:20 pm 
IP:
[quote="Treed4good"]
I really dont care if they listen. I know a good dog when I hunt with it and thre isnt a dog out there that doesnt slick tree and just because Walkers win all the titles now the jealous hunters are saying there is cheating going on. I learned quick that jealousy gets you NO WHERE!

I really don't think you would know a good coon dog if one bit you in the butt.And you keep saying Walkers win all the titles?Have you not noticed some good B&T and English winning some big hunts lately?I have seen some good Walker dogs but more and more they are turning to hot nosed slick treeing dogs.I will not feed one like that.Also I am damn sure not jealous of the breed.And all those excuses you make about smart coons making a dog slick tree.If you got a balanced coon dog with a nose they won't fall for that.You need to also understand that some of the best coon dogs in the world don't comp.hunt.When you get on here running your mouth and use a sign off signature like that is disrespectful.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 5:40 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

why is it walker owners try so hard to defend the breed when some one says that walker dogs slick tree open up your eyeswe didnt say walkers were the only breed that slick treed if you guys listened as hard as you argue this wount have went this far nuff said

have a nice day

we do it plott style
elimenate slick trees hunt a plott

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 6:38 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

you know for me the only thinf a walker dog is good for is feeder buckets where i was as a kid there was not any feeders and you seen very few walkers and a lot more b&t and blue dogs and alot of english so thats my take on the hole sub

Profile  WWW

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next