CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:41 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

What is your favorite coonhound?
Poll ended at Wed Aug 10, 2005 9:59 am
Walker 32%  32%  [ 24 ]
Bluetick 35%  35%  [ 26 ]
Redbone 15%  15%  [ 11 ]
B&T 14%  14%  [ 10 ]
Curs 4%  4%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 74
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 1:23 pm 
IP:
no he didnt say one thing bout walkers bein the only smart breed. he said that he has always hunted walkers and he is going to hunt them until he cant hunt any more. he knows what they can do and he knows they are smart and can get the job done.
Mike

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 2:00 pm 
IP:
bear hunter 77 wrote:
so what your telling me is that walkers are the only smart breed out there huh how old are you cause there are good one in every breed mabe what you need to do is to go hunting with someone with a smart plott or english and then after its all said and done you wont talk like walkers are the only smart and go getten get er dun hard hunting type of dog so i will have mmy boots ready and my light charged in case you wanna see some go getten get er dun smart dog have a nice day
i HAVE hunted with the best of the best of english, blueticks, b&t around here i havent seen/hear of any plotts and curs around here if i had i would go and hunt with them

and i didnt say that walkers were the "only smart breed out there" some walkers i wouldnt take if u give em to me all breeds have its culls i would say that there are other smart dogs other than walkers out there but of all the ones around here that ive hunted with walkers are the smartest around here

have a good one mr.bear hunter

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 4:03 pm 
IP:
After hunting with one night champion walker after another I really could careless if you gave me the best bluetick,redbone, or whatever because I HAVE ALWAYS HUNTED WITH WALKERS AND I ALWAYS WILL. just like other people say thet "THEY" have always hunted with whatever they prefer and will never change. I dont know why "MR BEAR" is trying to stir crap with other people because "I" personally could careless about having a dog who will tree a bear. So take your bear dog and hunt bear and leave the "Walker" hunters alone and we will go and tree "Coon" ( what this site is for "coonhunters") but until then "MR BEAR" you jus quit trying to stir stuff with brighteyes.
Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 4:20 pm 
IP:
like i said I thought i put it in bold the first time i guess i didnt though DIFFERENT STROKES FOR DIFFERENT FOLKS thats what it boils down to in everything

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 4:51 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Make mine brindle.

Profile  WWW
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 5:24 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

Now i aint tryin to start stuff but i just like blueticks. I have hunted with redbones, walkers, and curs but i have hunted with one good redbone i can think of and a few good curs and i only have hunted with 4 or 5 good walkers. One of them walkers i run my dogs with nearly every nite if the old man that hunts her is down there where i hunt i go with him but i must like the looks of bluetiocks and there deep loud long voices and have hunted with several of them and i have 2 bluetick pups that can tree a hide and bark at a caged coon at alittle under 5 months now and one of them caught a kitten coon the other day and they have chewed on a coon when we go huntin and my cousin has a litter mated that does the same thing as them . That is just what i like but if a dog is tree minded i think it will tree. There aint any english or plotts around here or i mite would go with them. That is just my opinion so if someone is offended by it is ok bc that is just my opinion

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 8:26 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

first off i wasnt trying to stir up stuff i was trying to find out why you thought that walkers were the only go getten get er done smart dogs out there i at one time hunted walkers and do not have a problem with them one of my main bear pack dogs is a walker and is an alright coon dog to and as far as you not caring about weather or not you have a dog that will tree a bear that is your choise i dont care and i have family that trees and kills many bear a year with walker dogs so brighteyes i was not trying to start stuff with you and if you feel that i was than i am sorry as that was not my intensions and treed4good you dont wanna start with me on here what i did was give brighteyes a chanse to come and hunt with go getten get er dun smart plotts and english and as far i can see this site also has a big game forum also i was trying to let bright eyes know about good plotts and english but you had to go and put your two cents in nuff said

have a nice day

we do it plott style
elimenate slick trees hunt a plott

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 8:40 pm 
IP:
SUSPENDED

How many times has a breed other than a walker won a UKC world hunt?? Not enough to mention so WALKERS are the TRUE COONDOGS! Well I sure do like them blueticks and them english dogs though! TO tell you the truth if I could really find me a BLUE ENGLISH that was half way worth a dang I would sale my walkers to have it! Just somethin bout em.

HOME OF :
'PR' SHAVER'S SOUTHERN ROSE
'PR' SHAVER'S SOUTHERN BELLE
GRCH 'PR' CHAD'S DOGWOOD ROSE

SOUTHERN ROSE TREED:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 8:41 pm 
IP:
I have alway hunted with walkers and I dont intented to change

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 1:25 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

youguys realize that the words nite ch. are just that WORDS the same goes with the world nite ch title it is just a title granted it means that they have done something huntwise but there are dogs out there that are just as good that dont get comp hunted and if you made the ratio 10 plotts 10 blueticks 10 english and 10 bandts to 2 walkers who would be winning the majority of the hunts nuff said

have a nice day

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 3:24 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

bear hunter 77 wrote:
youguys realize that the words nite ch. are just that WORDS the same goes with the world nite ch title it is just a title granted it means that they have done something huntwise but there are dogs out there that are just as good that dont get comp hunted and if you made the ratio 10 plotts 10 blueticks 10 english and 10 bandts to 2 walkers who would be winning the majority of the hunts nuff said

have a nice day

nicely said.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 3:39 pm 
IP:
Bear hunter alot of people don't notice those things. I am usually the only black dog at a hunt in my area. Usually the rest are walkers. If you go to hunt a hunt and you are 1 Black and tan against 3 walkers in the cast the odds are against you on the votes. I have seen 3 walker guys vote on something that is so ignoprant to get the other breed scratched or minused. I have seen this happen in sectional hunts also for the different breeds So I am not saying it is just walker people doing this. The majority of comp hunters are walker people. I do notice some of them cringe though when they see a black or blue dog. I went to a cast not to long abo it was me against walkers. Thier dogs treed Shining the tree one says he sees something everyone goes to where he is. Shining for a couple of minutes noone sees anything in that area. I move to shine from a different angle all of a sudden they all see it I go back and see nothing. It was said it closed its eyes. The tree would not have been a circle tree it was wide open on the edge of a bean field. This type stuff went on all night. Judge struck my dog 1 strike they voted against me then I strike mine judge says she is struck. Then 5 minutes later I get minused for them saying I never struck my dog.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 5:41 pm 
IP:
SUSPENDED

bear hunter are you just a cry baby because the breed of dog you love to hunt cannot hang with walkers? I mean come on face it you say look at how many more walkers there are than anything else. Did you look at them........ there are way more walkers than anything else why is this do you think??????? I mean come on a little common sense there bud a 4th grader could have figured that out. I am not sayin they are the only breed that has good dogs in it. I like english and blueticks. But those are the only other two breeds I like. I mean every breed produces a good dog........its just walkers do it a whole lot more. As for WLDNTCH just being a title have you ever had a dog get that title? If not then that right there is "NUFF SAID"! I mean grow up a little bit. Its just there are more walkers out there for a reason so quit saying that just because there are so many of them out there the others breeds dont have a chance. "NUFF SAID"!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 7:27 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

okay if there was a blue red english and walker on 1 cast who do u think would win? going by ukc not circling al the slicks by them walkers!!!

IF IT AIN'T BLUE, IT JUST AIN'T GONNA DO

Home of PR Bo's Blue Flame

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 7:48 pm 
IP:
SUSPENDED

That all depends on the breeding and training. I mean do you not have common sense here? Wow what a question.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next