CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:36 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:04 am 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

I have killed several coyotes every year that have been shot. one this year was 3 legs and was huge very healthy. id say leg had been shot off years ago. I also ran down and caught a coyote that came out of a barn it had been shot perfect into the shoulder and was still alive granteed i pretty sure he would have died but i think hed made it over a week. (during rifle deer season)

We was running one with dogs last year with a old broken front leg. and shot one of his back legs and it wasnt till his front leg broke that he stopped.

A coyote is by far the toughest animal you can find. It never amazes me what they can live threw.

Also take consideration im in kansas and i dont have bears mountain lions and crap like that to kill this wounded coyotes.

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:30 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

i have alot and i mean alot of yotes around where i hunt in s.w. wisconsin and their big uns. they always seem to be out yappin right before i go out and sometimes i just go home instead of riskin it. i didnt know it was a big deal til i read some of these posts. i hunt with a 2 year old walker cross, 3/4 walker 1/4 german shep. good coon dog, my other one is a 11 month bloodhound female, shes catchin on...and pretty big they both are over 70 lbs.. its only my secound year coon hunting with my own dogs, the first year i was only hunting with one and then got my bloodhound........do ya'll think i have to worry bout them??? thanks

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:32 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

oops almost posted the same one twice dont worry bout this one sry.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:24 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

runnin' walker you ain't got a THING to worry about them two dogs could whip 5 yotes if there that big those dogs could handle e'm.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:46 pm 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

yea i wouldnt worry around here we run yotes with walkers and that blood hound will be a big dog if ur worried bout ur dogs run em in packs or get a kill dog that blood hound would do good or a plott ......alot of guys around me us there dogs for yotes and coon but u deffenetly need gps lol

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:05 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

I heard of a guy during deer season he has a. A seperate stand for yotes. He piles up his left over deer carcasses. And waits for the yotes to come eat and pow.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:01 am 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

idk bout rabid ive hunted spots in indiana that we shined in a field and saw all the eyes and decided it was a bad night to run the hounds lol sum places just have packs of yote that are big enough to attack a single hound in sothern indian when u run yotes with dogs its not a 2 dog thing u run 6 hounds cuz depending on the hound and how gritty it is i figure each hound can handle 2 or 3 yotes packs down there are huge that night in that field id say there was 10 or 12 there so might not be rabid yotes might just be the area ur huntin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:58 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

I USUALLY ONLY HAVE A PROBLEM IN THE SPRING WHEN THEY GOT PUPS. BUT IT ALWAYS MAKES IT MORE WORRIESOME HUNTING A YOUNG HOUND ALONE. I THINK THEY JUST WANT THE HOUND OUT OF THIER HUNTING TURF. SINCE I HAVE STARTED USING WHITE,BLUE OR GREEN TRACKER LIGHTS ON THE COLLARS THEY DONT COME IN ON THE DOGS.
I HAD THEM RUN A YOUNG DOG BACK TO ME ONE NIGHT.90 POUND HOUND, SOLID MUSCLE,BIG DOG,STOOD EYE TO EYE WITH ME WHEN HE TREED.
I TURNED HIM BACK LOOSE THE OTHER DIRECTION. THEY SURROUNDED HIM AGAIN AND HE SINGLED ONE OUT AND TOOK IT BOUT 5OO YARDS. HE THEN FELL OFF AND TREED A COON IN TRUE COMP DOG STYLE.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:02 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

shoot em

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:16 pm 
IP:
i would shoot some coyotes lol.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:22 pm 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

I wish all i had to deal with was coyotes! wolves there isnt a damn thing you can do for your dogs unless your right there. Now i hear even into wisconsin and michigan they are seeing wolves. its a real bad deal all around for houndsmen. At leased with yotes they got a chance

Post subject: Coyotes
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:48 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Just curious if anyone has ever had any problems with coyotes while hunting

Post subject: Re: Coyotes
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:11 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Yes I have had a redbone killed by coyotes he treed right on top of a den and the female came out and gave him hell I dont know if she had pups in there or not. That is the only time that I have heard of them messing with a dog though

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:36 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

That sucks i would have been mad. I was talkin to a older guy i work with and he said hes had coyotes come around him but as soon as he shines them they take off then come back he can never even get a shot on them. They never mess with his dogs though i guess there just curious maybe.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:44 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

About10 or 12 years ago i was squirrel hunting i just shot a squirrel, then a coyote came trottin to me from my left he stopped right at my feet and stared at me while i was loading my gun he never growled or anything but as soon as i closed my barrel he took off runnin. Weirdest thing

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next