CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:47 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post subject: Re: Coyote Problem
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:34 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

i would've let 'em fight it, future 'yote dog. just me.

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:30 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Got lots of coyote round here. But they ain't the major problem. What you have to watch out for here are coy dogs. Half breeds. They will walk right up on a person and not think twice. Some people around here fish for coyote....... Really you take a shark hook and some hundred lb test line or so and tie it real good to a springy tree limp or the top of a sapplin and suspend the hook bout head high off the ground and put you a chicken leg of wing on it. Curious mister yote comes by sees the nice piece of chicken and walla he jumps for it gets hooked good and then the limb gives enough for em to get on the ground but not away. Some people use steel leaders. But if they chew the line apart they will probably starve anyhow. Hard to eat with a shark hook in your jaw. PS I aint sure but this probably ain't legal in any state. But I can guarantee it works.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:26 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

plott power wrote:
thats why i hunt them plotts the grit they have to me is more than any other dogs (not putting other breeds down at all) just a personal preference seems like there is a lot of hatred for this animal i personally have a lot of respect for them they are as smart and as tuff as they come

I got a plott pup a few months ago and she is extremely smart. I was wondering if it was all plotts or just her

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:46 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

Well they are on there own till I can get there helpout where I can without shooting 1 of mine.

Heath Ferguson
706-568-4658
706-527-7886

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:40 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

i was huntin one night and my two seven month old pups jumped a pack of them and chased them all over the world they ran them for six hours i could not belive they ran from them

'PR' 8 MILE'S BLUE SPOT TICK

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:21 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Well, if you got more than two hounds i would'nt worry about it.. And if you only have one dog if there's two or less yotes your dog could whip e'm both.....depending on age of dog.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:53 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

i would spin around wildly shooting into the darkness until i exhausted my self of ammo then i would lay down in the fetal position until i felt comfortable enough to throw my undies in the ditch and go home. :oops:

If your not armed your a victim.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:21 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I had a pack of yotes come in on a tree in december. They came in silent until they got within about 20 yards from the tree and all of em opened up. It was more of a aggressive howl. Well that ended that treed coon. All my hounds took it as a threat and were ready for the fight. I just started shocking dogs and leashed up and left. The country I hunt has no visibility. We never saw a one of them. And now It is illegal to shoot a yote if you have hounds with you in Washington.

http://www.roosterskennel.jigsy.com

Profile  WWW
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:19 pm 
IP:
go home and get the yoote hounds!! even kno i aint got any but might get one towrds next winter. i had yotes come in once i just shot couple shots in the air they went away grabbed dogs and went home

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:50 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Ive had it happen to me a couple times and if they stick around long enough for me to get my gun off my back there in trouble.Usually when i hit them with the spotlight they hit the dusty trail but if not they get shot.I really dont like them.Several good spots i have are loaded with coyotes. :evil:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:08 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Id go about 100 yards from dogs let cotyes come in a try to kill every one i could lol then wont have that problem in that area no more lol :twisted: :twisted:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:16 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

Ive only had coyotes come in to my dogs once. I had a single hound in a draw id never hunted before she sounded like she was bout to sit down in tree, when i heard one right by her. So i hoped the fence in ran in (150yds) in there was least two coyotes in she was out there about 20yds from them. she saw me in hauled but and the coyotes got with in about 40yds in followed us out.

i personnally would love to see anytype of trail hound take two coyotes at the same time. I have 13 running walkers. all breed extremely well for coyotes. I have two that can run a coyote over 6hrs. moving anywhere from 5- 40mph. I coyote lasting over an 2hrs is good. in by that i mean will loose them by cris crossing something terrible threw brush to be able to rest a min. I hunt everyweek. last sunday we had 20inchs of snow. stretched two and shot two.

If theres one coyote in one hound normally they will not get into it. Ive seen good coyote hounds running a coyote and they just stop face off from bought 5ft in then walk diff directions. a coyote is a k-9 neither one want to fight in loose so they call it a tie. if either one has some back up its on. I only have a couple that can kill one single handed in hes going to come out rough.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:15 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

mel m wrote:
i would say wound as many as u can yotes learn very quick and the ones u cant wound just kill

Why would you just wound them? :? I don't understand your thinking behind this, just put them all down.

Brad & Alison (Wilcox) McGill
(660) 833-3180

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:04 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Hazel Hill Blueticks wrote:
mel m wrote:
i would say wound as many as u can yotes learn very quick and the ones u cant wound just kill

Why would you just wound them? :? I don't understand your thinking behind this, just put them all down.

If you can't kill them shoot at them that way they'll die later i agree 110%

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:07 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

lighted collars scare the crap out of yotes might help to use them.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next