CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:22 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:41 pm 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

several times ive had coyotes come into me when i was blowing a coon squaller when my dog treed. one night when my dog was off a good ways i started blowing my coon squaller and i called a coyote in not far from me.

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:07 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

i live in indiana i hear alot of them every night but so far i have never had any probs with them

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:31 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

Check this out

http://articles.courant.com/2011-09-23/ ... great-dane

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:06 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Me and my dad has had coyotes come to the dogs we wus right at the tree and thay were on both sides of us.

Post subject: Coyotes
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:17 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I was hunting Saturday night and I turned loose my 4 yr old walker and my cur pup. The walker treed at 472 yards according to the garmin in about 10 minutes. he was treeing hard to then a bunch of coyotes started howling down below so I started heading his way. I got about 70 yards from him and he quit treeing the next thing I know is I heard something growling then fighting I ran down there to him and he was fighting 2 coyotes... has anybody ever had this happen to them

Post subject: Re: Coyotes
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:45 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

it doesnt suprise me. i live in fl. every time i let my dogs go hunt. as soon as they locate a track the yotes in all directions go of like banshees. it bothers the heck outa me. not that im worried for myself but 2 dogs aint no match for a pack of yotes. ive started shootn everyone i see which hasnt been many. our problem here is deer leases. if a yote walks through a foodplot deer hunters by nature let them go cause they might miss an opportunity to kill that trophy buck. but all they are doing is loosing good deer to the yotes and cats. makes no sense to me but to each his/her own. i hope i dont run into a yote thats whoopin up on my dogs sorry u have had that issue. off season predator hunt sounds good to me

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:15 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Ive heard stories like yours but haven't had it happen yet. I live in eastern kansas and we have a bunch of yotes. I lived out in the sticks a few years ago and one night my yard dogs started barking and growling different than I'd ever heard. I looked outside and a yote was down by pond about 75 yards from the house trying to lure my dogs away. It would run up close to them even nip at them. They would turn to run it off but when they stopped it stopped and tried to pick a fight again. That is until I dropped the hammer on the 22mag.
Had another one in middle of the day try to get my dogs to chase it while I was 20 yrds away building fence. Yotes are smart and now hunt in packs. They ain't scared off people like they used to be so be careful. I've had em circle me in the dark while walking out of the woods after deer hunting.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:42 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

The coyotes are getting bad around here too. I've used leg traps to catch them alive and actually taped one up and brought it home alive. Even with its mouth and legs taped up it still wanted to fight. I've had them come in around me while my dogs were running a track but never had them come in and try to fight a dog but I always carry a pistol with me I think all of them should be shot on sight

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:45 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Choot em!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:40 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I've read about them luring dogs away and then a pack killing the dog. Also predator xtreme magazine has articles about people being attacked by them.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:19 am 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

As bfd said choot em!!
They are alot round here. Got some on trail cams during the day. Thinking bout starting to coyote hunt also if I can make the time.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:07 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I'm a pritty good shot with my GP100 The coyote better hope he doesnt get were i can see him

Sent from my LG-L38C using Ohub Campfire mobile app

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:11 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I'm also from Ohio and I totally agree with you,,,yotes are terrible here where I live,,,I also had afew yotes come into my dogs tree and the fight was on,,thank god I was close enough to run in there and chase them m/f's off,,wish we had lots more yote hunters around here

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6