CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:16 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Hmmm....
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 7:06 am 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

Oxegen.... Warmth.... all these things I seem to have forgotten about.... Now I seem to rmemeber why we had Filters and Pumps and all these machine thingies that did stuff in the ponds and tanks.... I feel like SUCH A MORON! I can't stress it enough! NEVER AGAIN! I have NO clue what I was thinking!
I think the saving grace is... they WERE bait fish... and really hd no chance.
At least they were able to feed the chickens... unlike "bubbles" the feeder goldfish....from a local fair.... that two "nice teens" gave my son, after I told him NO, we wont try to win one of those poor little fishies"... I spent about a hundred dollars keeping poor sick Bubbles alive for a few days.... He CAME with fungus..... So Bubbles is Buried in one of the Horse graves.......
I VOWED NEVER to have fish here....this is what I get..... It was a Learning experience. :oops: Kind of like.... trying to walk a BlueTick THRU the chickens...... :shock: Greyhound kennel muzzle, large...fits BIG blueticks, in case anyone needs to get one... I know a Good supplier... :lol:
Heather

Profile  WWW

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 3:47 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

A wading pool has enough oxygen to keep fish alive in. Oxygen is constantly dissolving into the water. It doesn't happen fast but it happens fast enough for a few small fish if there is enough surface area. Temperature stability is a problem, fish need an even temperature. I've had gold fish in a small pond 4' across and 4' deep under 8" of ice and they lived there year-round without a problem for several years.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:33 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

skidmark wrote:
I have the perfect cure for nasty water buckets.....I clean them :lol: :wink: !!! I bought a tolet brush and every other day, or sooner if needed, I scrub them, dump them, and fill them back up. Work like magic. I dont like to do any thing to my dogs that I wouldn't do to myself. I wouldn't drink a glass of water with a cap full of bleach in it. I wouldn't think that bleach is real good for them.

Hey that really works!!! Lol I did mine yesterday and the buckets look brand new minus the chew marks LOL