CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:47 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

is where the red fern grows a good book
awsom 88%  88%  [ 169 ]
good 11%  11%  [ 21 ]
fair 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 191
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 7:39 pm 
IP:
how meny of yall got redbones after reading this i wanted a couple but i got a old b&t female instead

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 7:41 pm 
IP:
i saw were the red fern grows part two today it was awsom

Post subject: Red Fern
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:25 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

I have the original movie Part II with Wilford Brimley and Lisa Weichel in it. Where can I locate a copy of the 2004 remake ?????

Post subject: Re: Red Fern
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:37 am 
IP:
Site Admin
Site Admin

Wayne Valentino wrote:
I have the original movie Part II with Wilford Brimley and Lisa Weichel in it. Where can I locate a copy of the 2004 remake ?????

Walmart, Ebay, and just about anywhere that sells DVDs.

HuntingBassets.com - A site dedicated to hunting with Basset Hounds

Profile  WWW
 Post subject: DVD
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:36 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

I work part time in electronics at Wally World and we ain't got it... Guess I can try walmart.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:55 pm 
IP:
Site Admin
Site Admin

Wayne, I am surprised your Walmart doesn't stock it. Around here, the Walmarts have a Disney section in the DVD isle and always have it.

Try BestBuy.com and some of them other places. Sometimes they have free shipping on DVD's and CD's.

Profile  WWW
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:38 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

IKE!!! if all redbones were that good looking, and treed coons like dan and little ann in the book, well, i think we would all own them... one of my fondest memories of the book was when they strapped it on those high powered walker dogs.. LOL

the book, i am 49.. i read that book for the first time when i was 14 i think.. i to this day feel like it is the second most important book i have ever read.. (Gods word being #1) i loved it, read it again and enjoyed it just as much.. every time i see a red dog i think of that book..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:52 pm 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

ya its pretty good, but very sad, how old are you guys?, i like the ellen hopkins books, you guys should read them, they are really for mature teens though,(like 14 and up) her books are,"Crank","Burned", and "Impulse", these books are really deep, and not for the faint of heart, they deal with drugs,rape,alchoholism, abusive homes,and teen suicide but if you are educated about these things, they are real good books, and if your tired of reading stuff about hunting and hobbies, these books really open your eyes to other issues that are out there, i really relate to all these books, especially, Impulse, i highly recomend ellen hopkin's books for all teens, but if your under 13, you might just want to stick to where the red fern grows, and sounder
oh and if your lookin to buy a book, you can't go wrong with amazon.com

CH'PR'MISSISSIPPI QUEEN TREEIN MEME
CH'PR'SWAMPMUSIC BLOOD SLINGING HOSS
'PR'RAPPAHANOCK JIGSAW BLADE
'PR'BREAKING DAWN JASPER

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:56 pm 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

i abslutely LOVE Where the Red Fern Grows! ive ead it every year since 3rd grade! and im going into the 10th this year, a few years ive readit twice! it wasnt a mandatory read in my school but i read it cause it is THE GREATSE BOOK EVER WRITTEN!

ive seen the old first and the second movies, but i wished i had all of em on store bought DVDs...

"..Remembering the story about the little indian boy and girl, i turned around and hollered "Momma! Momma! Come quick!"
there between the graves of my little pups was a red fern, legend says only an angel can plant the seed of the red fern."

it goes something like that, very close anyways... i LOVE THIS BOOK!!!

If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you are reading it in English, thank a soldier!

www.myspace.com/spikebrannon

"Thier just dogs, once you learn that you'll be better off. Everytime you turn em loose theres always that chance that you'll never seee them again, for one reason or another"

words from a wise man, my dad.

if you dont like the weather in Alabama, just wait a few minutes..

Profile  WWW
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 7:23 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

The Red Fern series does a great service to us hound hunters. The majority of people now either live in suburban or urban settings and have little or no linkages or history of rural things. The Red Fern gives insight to what hound hunting is all about and how wholeswome it can be for kids. If more kids spent time in the outdoors instead of running around malls, listening to garbage music with violent lyrics, their heads glued to ipods, with body piercings all over, maybe, just maybe the world would be a better place.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 12:36 pm 
IP:
Well that is pretty cool that your hounds were in the movie where the red fern grows.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:47 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I love it me and my husband watch the movie all the time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:51 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

if you have only seen the movie, be sure to read the book. and be sure to have a box of tissues when you read the book.
saw the movie first, was the only thing in our public library with coonhounds when we accidently ended up with a hound, the end was a tear jerker.
i read the book the first time during a road trip. my son was in 2nd-3rd grade, when i'd choke up he thought i was having trouble pronouncing words, and say 'can you sound it out, mom' lol i cried a lot reading that book, not just at the end. it really is a superbly written book.

Post subject: FANTASTIC BOOK!
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:55 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

Bob and I read it this past yr(at age 43 and 46)... Both LOVED it! Ditto on the kleenex! We watched the DVD of the newer movie last night. GORGEOUS PUPS! Beautiful dogs in the movie. We enjoyed it. Cried at the end of course. That hound "dead" on the grave looked too much like Bobs late BnT... head was SO similar...so that REALLY got to me! I enjoyed it and really want to see the original one.
I always love Ike's hounds, BTW... Of course his photography in his pix is superb as well!
SIGH.... I love coonhounds! Oh Yeah... there is a Bath scene... where one hound is being bathed and one "watching", lying there head down, Butt up! I LOVED that... our BnT Webster was SO overtired at Autumn Oaks last year and SO excited and scared... so he "lay down" with just his head, butt up in the air... I think a FEW people took pix of that! LOL... he finally gave in to the tiredness...but wouldn't lie on the hard ground... SO he climbed up into the folding camp chair a freind had next to the show ring...LOL... took forever to get his big old clumbsy body up there... again, he had an audience! LOL... good thing I'm not TOO shy... he got us way too much attention... I think if he weren't DUMB as a ROCK he'd have been a hound movie star!
See the movie, read the book! Go Red Fern! HappyHunting, Heather

Profile  WWW
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:42 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

The book was a must read in English when I was in school, dont know if it is now but it should be! The remake .... Got it Christmas 2005.... and was sooooo dissapointed...... DID NOT even bring a tear to my eye. :(

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next