All times are UTC - 6 hours

What does the majority think ?
I don't care just want the win slip ! 40%  40%  [ 16 ]
I expect a trophy to show for my win, money, & time 60%  60%  [ 24 ]
Total votes : 40
 Post subject: Nite Hunts & Trophys
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 12:01 pm 
IP:
This weekend Brussel won another place toward Grand Nite with a score of 1075 + afterwords we gave the club the Brussel and Willy Show !
( hand signales and such ) I felt very proud of my dog !

BUT still we recieved no Trophy ! all the hunts aroud here give out no trophys they all think the hunters just want the win slips and nothing else !
Now I have alot of plaques haning on the wall , but with all the things Brussel has won the only trophy I have is about 6 inches tall.

I want some Trophys , other clubs in difrent states give out trophys at every hunt , I don't expect that but I would like to see more of it.
Is this important to those of you ?

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 12:48 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

if you want bigger trophys,go to bigger hunts. i dont care about trophys or plaques at the "local" club level. usually they are cheap and really dont mean much to me. i give mine to my kids to play with.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:51 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

WAIT FOR THE BIG ONE WILLY ! SOUNDS LIKE YOU GUYS GOT HIM TUNED UP RIGHT . BETTER HAVE YOUR HANDLER DRIVE ANOTHER TRUCK TO MONTPIELER TO HAUL HOME THE HARDWARE. GOOD LUCK WITH BRUSSEL I WILL BE UP THERE PROBLY GUIDING.

SCREAMING ENGLISH KENNEL
DANA WOODS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 12:32 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

Hey Willy~ Bring Brussels to Thief River Falls, MN the first weekend in May.. Its a BBOA sectional.. the trophies at that event are about 4 feet tall and have clocks in them!! Awesome Looking trophies!! I like going to the Northern MN hunts because they do hand out nice plaques and trophies!! I got mine hangin on the wall above my bed and sitting around the house!! I enjoy looking at em and talking about them with people that stop over!! Good Luck!! Brussels is looking great!!

Post subject: Thanks
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 1:15 pm 
IP:
Thanks Guys, Brussel wins some big ones every year, but it seems we always get plaques so we'll give it a shot this year, last spring he didn't get to hunt for almost all of it he cut his foot bad and broke a toe , maybe this year we'll have alittle more luck.

I know quite a few people around here that still want to see more trophys handed out at smaller events, my handler is one of them, every time he wins one his dad asks him weres your trophy , and he's geting tired of never geting one .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 5:46 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

:D MYSELF I LIKE THE TROPHIES BECAUSE EACH ONE HAS A DIFFERENT MEANING. IT WILL GIVE YA SOMETHING TO HELP JOG THE MEMMORY WHEN THE DOG IS GONE. FOR EXAMPLE THIS WEEKEND A GUY THAT I HUNT WITH WON THE HUNT BUT LOST A FRIEND. HIS DOG GOT HIT BY A 18 WHEELER IN THE NITEHUNT AND LOST HER LIFE. SHE ENDED UP WINNING THE HUNT WITH COON THE SHE HAD CAUGHT ON THE GROUND EARLIER. WEATHER IT'S A GOOD THING OR NOT HE WAS ABLE TO TAKE A TROPHY HOME SO HE CAN REMEMBER THAT 1 NITE. GOODTIMES OR BAD, A TROPHY CAN BRING BACK THE MEMMERIES. :D

Post subject: post subject
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:32 pm 
IP:
I think about 3 or 4 weeks ago I won 2 trophies one about 4 ft tall
the other 3 ft tall . Won the Indiana state hunt , With a Walker dog.
It was a UKC hunt. Lonnie Woodcox

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 10:45 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

The only trophies I've ever been concerned with are 2in tall by 6in wide, yellow in color, and fit conveniently in my billfold...
Seriously, the novelty of the trophies kinda wore off for me, and I usually let the club I'm hunting at keep them to use another night unless they're dated, then they go in the closet.
Haven't felt the need to go chase any trophies here lately, but might when work slows down a little...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:46 am 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

Trophies or at least a plaque would be nice.

Huh she is treed again what a surprise.

Profile  WWW
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:54 am 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

With the loss in entrys a lot of clubs have done this....Awards arent cheap.....I think the cheapest I ever found was around $175 for a hunt only and they were really cheap.....Id still like to see clubs give them for 1st places..They mean the most to guys....The last 2 years alone I could cover a wall with plaques won in shows.But very few even give them for shows now ..All the bigger hunts have awards.......Like sectionals or hunts named after someone.............Most of the clubs are also run by older guys thats won a lot. They just dont care about awards anymore. Its also a hassel messing with them.......I know Ive done it........LOL

Nite Ch Nite Time Cheat
Nite Ch Goose Creek Little Tina (1 w GN)
Ch Wild Rivers Indiana ShowQueen
Wild Rivers Machine Gun Kelly
Wild Rivers Stylish Showgirl (Tide X Queen)
English
Gr Ch Nite Ch 'pr' Twin CK Lady
Wild Rivers Main Street Hooker
Black n Tan
Nite Ch 'pr' Black River Boy (3 w to Grand)
Ch Wild Rivers Whole Lotta Rosie
Wild Rivers Black Pearl

Profile  WWW
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:57 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

Some type of awards are nice from a nice made certificate to a 3 foot tall trophies and one more thing if you dont get any thing what is the club doing with the entrie fees and money raised from selling food and drink at the club house???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:13 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

I don't comp. hunt yet, but I'm trying to get Little Ann going so I can go to them, and yes I would love to have a trophy to show my dog's accomplishments. Right now a plaque would look good to me.

Dylan Crabtree

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:47 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

what do ya'll think about a wood statue....there is a place close to me that makes chainsaw art. they take a tree stump and they make bears, owls, dolphins, you name it they make it.

well i think it would be pretty cool at the worlds for the winner to get a wood statue. either a statue of a hound posing like on a bench, or a hound looking up a tree mouth open, or a hound treeing and a coon at the top of the tree, something like that.

maybe at the smaller hunts have these people make smaller wooden statues of hounds. understand i don't have any connection with these people. i was thinking about when i used to deal with pits and back in the day there was a huge convention going on in mexico, the gamest in show was to win a life size wooden statue of two dogs "locked up". the statue was sweet. i was thinking that something to that effect but with a coon hunting twist would be pretty sweet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 6:24 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

At least a plaque with dates on them to burn into time what just occured, It's hard to show those little slips to grand children, or better yet they might show there kids those plagues or trohies, may start the next generation of houndsman or women. I say keep giving them. Be proud of your acomplishments......

Profile  WWW
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 6:57 am 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

I haven't competition hunted in a long time,but I love it when one of these young bucks comes to my house to go hunting thinking he's gonna show me a thing or two about coon hunting and walks in and sees trophies from before they were born won by dogs their daddies still talk about.All my trophies have a story behind them,stories I can sit and tell for hours, and if competition hunting ever gets back to what it USED to be, I'd love to add a few more.