CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:38 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Town livers
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 5:08 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

how amny yalls live in town and how does your dog handle my uncle wants to get a hound and he lives in town so he really dosnt want it bawin all night. i have a redbone and he isnt only my huntin buddy he also comes in the house i never really have any probs with him so thats what i suggested but what do you guys an gals say oh yea he would be took hunting pry every weekend
thanx
D

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject: TOWN
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 6:58 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

I LIVE IN TOWN AND HAVE VERY CLOSE NEIGHBORS AND I HAVE A WALKER AND A BLUE DOG JUST PUT A SHOCK COLLAR ON THEM THE FIRST NIGHT OR TWO AND WHEN THEY BARK TELL THEM NO AND GIVE THEN A LITTLE SHOCK IT DOESNT TAKE LONG TO GET IT FIGURED OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOME OF:

CH PR DEAN'S WOODROW RHYMER (ABE)
GRCH PR FRANKLIN'S ALNIGHT MIGHTY MAX

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:11 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

ya i live in town also and we town dewllers stil get 'em up good!!

Post subject: I live in Brooklyn NY
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:14 am 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

half of each week. My redbone lives in a one-bedroom second floor apartment with my husband and me when we are in the city, and we have never had a complaint. However, he does get walked a lot and he doesn't get left home alone for more than a few hours at a time. By the way, our Clamour charms the socks off people on the sidewalk when he bawls at an alley cat or squirrel when we are walking him. He's a very popular dog with our neighbors, and I have met a few coonhunters while walking him in downtown Brooklyn!

Post subject: I live in Brooklyn NY
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:24 am 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

half of each week. My redbone lives in a one-bedroom second floor apartment with my husband and me when we are in the city, and we have never had a complaint. However, he does get walked a lot and he doesn't get left home alone for more than a few hours at a time. By the way, our Clamour charms the socks off people on the sidewalk when he bawls at an alley cat or squirrel when we are walking him. He's a very popular dog with our neighbors, and I have met a few coonhunters while walking him in downtown Brooklyn!

Post subject: Town
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 4:29 am 
IP:
i Live it town and my dog lives in the house all the time and have no prob. out of him..
They make good house dog's when he frist came in the house we thought he might have too he waited. When my wife told my inlaws about which is vets. They told her that is right the working dog's like hounds are vary smart and know better now if it was a pup you would have to work with it some but it don't take long..

Good luck

Ronnie Green

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 6:41 am 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

I live in town and have very close neighbors. Properties average about 90' wide on my street. We have 2 hounds and 2 mixed dogs. They go in the woods or go for a long walk every day (or night). When each dog was young and barked outside we yelled "Stop that barking!" as a standard command and brought them right in the house. They learned that if we yell that command and they bark one more time they go inside. They are smart and learn very fast that they can be out if they don't bark. We don't have any problems with the neighbors other than that THEIR dogs bark too much :roll: . Of course, they do bark in the house but only if someone (human, squirrel, cat, etc.) comes close to our fence.

Post subject: hound town dwellers...
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 7:07 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

I have 2 English hounds that live in an apartment in a city. They're great dogs! I do walk them on lead 3 - 4 times everyday for an hour or so, plus we go to a dog run so they can hang out with other dogs. When we're in the county, they run loose and hunt. When we go to UKC events, they do just fine.

Living in a house or an apartment is just like staying kenneled -- it's just a bigger nicer kennel, so the dog needs to exercise everyday. There's a section on obedience trainng in Walk with Wick that might be helpful...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 7:26 am 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

I live in town.My neighbors don't mind.On one side my neighbors are retired and on the other is a bus driver.Both of my neighbors get kicks out of my blueick bawlin away.I guess it depends on how friendly your neighbors are.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:25 am 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

We live inside city limits (close to the outskirts though) on 1/2 acre with 8 hounds. They get a little loud sometimes but most of the neighbors love them anyway. They have an indoor kennel too and we just holler out the back window for them to get in their house and they stop. They are smart enough to know what you are telling them. They get a little louder when they haven;'t been on a walk or out in the woods though.