CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:48 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Question on gas
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 8:46 pm 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

Does anyone think it will go back down after summer?.. down as in back to the 2.20 range?

PKC No. 06-09034

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:10 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

Nope not $2.20. It might go down some, but you'll have to wait another 2 years before it gets that low. :wink: :wink: :wink:

Dylan Crabtree

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:10 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

i know i should not do this but. heck no not with bush in power over the world.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:14 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

Thats why I said wait 2 years.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:44 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

Prices will stay high as long as Most people continue to pay these prices...If everybody just cut back 25% they would be swimming in it......I heard that Brazil does not import any oil at all.They use ethanol made from suger cain........Its a shame .(THE USA) didnt do that 25 years ago. We could be making it out of corn right now .......Gas would be less than 99.9 a gal now.........Could also be a end to the big oil companys..As we know them today....Theres all kinds of empty gas stations today that could sell ethanol................Just think of the billions we could save by not buying oil........

Nite Ch Nite Time Cheat
Nite Ch Goose Creek Little Tina (1 w GN)
Ch Wild Rivers Indiana ShowQueen
Wild Rivers Machine Gun Kelly
Wild Rivers Stylish Showgirl (Tide X Queen)
English
Gr Ch Nite Ch 'pr' Twin CK Lady
Wild Rivers Main Street Hooker
Black n Tan
Nite Ch 'pr' Black River Boy (3 w to Grand)
Ch Wild Rivers Whole Lotta Rosie
Wild Rivers Black Pearl

Profile  WWW
 Post subject: er
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 11:12 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

if we'er still in time of war i dont think we should change presidents, makes things more complicated, if we pull out of the middle east, you might as well get your guns out cause they're coming here

COPPERHEAD CREEK KENNELS

GRNITECH'CH'PR' SOGGY BOTTOM BEE BEE

DuaL GRAND STILLS STLYISH PANIC ATTACK

GRCH'NITECH'PR' YADKIN RIVER BLOSSOM

old sn was huntingwalkers09 for the information

Profile  WWW
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 6:25 am 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

Hey don't blame Bush for this, he wanted to drill in alaska and and off shore and the democrats threw everything but the kitchen sink at it to stop it. ethanol isn't perfect has its share of problems, too. It takse more energy to distill enthanol than the energy that is stored in the ethanol itself. Where would than energy come from? Also, if we switched over to all ethanol, how much corn would we have to grow to keep up with demand? Would there be enough? what happens if we had a drought and the corn crop failed? Also, ethanol has a lower specific gravity than Gasoline, so it will evaporate more easily, thus creating more so called pollution. ethanol fires are very dangerous since they are nearly invisible in daylight and burn with a blue flame.

Also, The ethanol sold in Brasil is cheaper than gas because it is being subsidzed by the government.

Member NRA Business Alliance
NRA Benefactor Member

Post subject: ethanol
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 6:37 am 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

We have given enough grain to foreign countries over the course of the last 36 years to make enough alcohol to fuel every thing we ever would wanna fuel. Now this has been going on through democrats and republicans. So it ain't just replicans to blame and it ain't just democrats to blame its all them dang politicians. And the bad part about it is we can't blame noone cuz we voted em in. So if ya'll really want to fix the problem you can. Don't elect any incumbents. Vote for the man not the party. Vote for ethical behavior in all things. Is it ethical to rape our land? the forests belong to you and me. Our tax dollars are spent every year to maintain the National forests. Our ancestors' tax dollars bought the land. Now we have to have permission to hunt there ain't that funny.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 6:42 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

I think Chet is right, everyone cut back 25% and let them drown in it. I also know it's Hard to train a pup when he stays in the lot????

Profile  WWW
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:10 am 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

Mr Lay, you and Chet are both correct, by using conservation measures you cut down consumption and therefore demand. Chemically, I am still not totally convinced that ethanol is the solution. How do we distill that much alcohol? what fuel do we use ? As it takes more joules of energy to distill a gallon of alcohol than a gallon of alcohol has stored you have, in effect, a net loss.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 11:38 am 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

From what Ive heard and read so far. New Ethanol plants are being built all over the country.So every state might be able to have there own supplers in the future.Not having to bring it in from other states.((Unlike Gas))..Ethanol is not perfict.. But with a little work .It might be the best for us in the future..The best thing it would keep more money here for our own people and a lot of new jobs.Im sure the ALL farmers or farm owners would love it...Im one of them..LOL...Drilling for oil in Alaska will not help us..All that oil is sold over seas....Theres 1000s of old oil wells that could be reopened right here. But cant because of goverment regulations.....

Profile  WWW
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:39 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

But Chet, if we open all these distilleries all over hte country, what fuel do we use to distill the alcohol out of the mash? Coal? natural gas? How will that affect the supplies of these fuels? You are right, there are plenty of oil wells in Texas that could reopen and new ones hat could be drilled but heavens forbid we drill for anything.

Get this, The environmental wackos, all of whom are opposed to drilling, are even blocking a proposed wind farm off Nantucket! They claim it will hurt the view. Good Ol' ##*%* Ted and Liveshot kerry opposed this! Typical NIMBY liberal phonies.

Post subject: SOLAR STILL
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:54 pm 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

You can get enough heat from concentrating sun light to distill alcohol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:56 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

There seems to be ethonol plants popping up everywhere these days. We had a new one open up here in Kentucky about 3 years ago. It was expected to take over 10 years to pay for its self, with fuel prices being what they are it has paid for it's self in 3. Although I don't think that ethonol produced from corn is going to solve out problem long term I definetely think it could help ease some of the strain after enough new plants are built. To be really effective I think we are going to have to follow Brazil's lead and make ethonol using some kind of by-product such as they do with the molasses from the sugar making.

I also wonder if when we hear figures about it taking more energy to produce ethonol from corn than the ethonol actually produces if they are also looking at the animal feed and usable carbon dioxide that are produced as well. The distillers grain is a really good feed product and they seem to be utilizing it in about every kind of farm animals diet.

I don't really see fuel prices coming down for a few years. High gas prices are as much about tight refining capacity as they are about high oil prices. You just aren't going to see low gas prices unless the goverment and oil companies decide more refineries are needed. The goverment has too many enviromental hoops and permits to jump through for construction and the oil industry has become so consoludated over the last few decades that I am not sure they really have any interest at building new refineries with the prices they are receiving now. Alot of it also has to do with how this whole scenerio with Iran plays out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 3:56 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

bigbendhunter wrote:
Thats why I said wait 2 years.

LOL, here we go again..........