CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:12 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 1:22 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

:) I like the (E85) concept if it will get us off foreign oil, plus it will get the Farmers growing corn,more corn more coons, sounds great to me just don't know if it will hit. and hopefully the prices will go down and the automobile will get better MPG. a lot more MPG like 40 or 50 would be nice :wink:

Profile  WWW

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 1:24 pm 
IP:
Sounds like costly parts to me. The only gas saving thing I've seen come out is the Hybrids. I think thier great ideas. Maybe in a few years the price of them will be more affordable. I just couldnt go 30 G's on a hybrid Honda compared to a 22G gas engine. But die hard mud doggers arent going to get what they like out of a hybrid anyways. some of those dirt roads I've been down you really need a gas powered engine to get through.
If car pooling and riding buses and such would help I'd be glad to do that but I dont think its a gas shortage, it's Government agencies and Politics trying to stick it to the little man. If they can get more $$$ from something we want then they'll keep the prices up. Supply and Demand. Those greedy high rollers know we arent going to stop driving. They are loving the proceeds they're making.Just because more cars are on the road shouldnt mean higher gas prices. Because the system of refining gas hasnt changed so neither should the price. One simle term = Price Gouging.
And those nature loving leftist need to realize that this world is not Eden, no matter what they attempt to stop theres always going to be worse around the corner. I can't see how drilling or not drilling there will make such a global differance in the animal kingdom. Good grief.

Let me add that my Dad worked for the Ford company for many years and he said that the knowlege to produce cars and trucks with better MPG has always been around and that the knowlege of building engines that last far more than the 200,000 miles we see as high milage has been capable for quite a while. But how can car companies make $$ off of selling a car that lasts forever? How can Car companies get big oil companies to help fund if they dont produce cars that use gas? Its a nasty political world , and we thought the average car salesman was tricky! :shock:

Last edited by hunterswife on Mon Apr 17, 2006 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 1:25 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

your right parker, thats why GM sells the flexfuel cars and trucks. They are made to run the high ethanol. Your older vehicles or any that are not flexfuel compliant will have the corrosion issues. But i say if not now, when do we make all cars this way? Are we going to wait until gas is $4.00 or $5.00 before they make all vehicles like this and build more E85 stations? Right now i drive a 3/4 ton Dodge and i burn about $100.00 a week in gas just going to work and the occasional trip to town or hunting. That is ridiculous. You cant even find a small truck for sale around here anymore unless you pay big bucks because they are such high demand. If you want a new one your paying almost as much as a full size truck. Im pretty tire of the whole thing myself

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 1:32 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Here,Here............I am tired too.. that's why I'm worried about our sport and the growth of it.

Profile  WWW
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 1:49 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

yeah these prices are ugh

if you need me shoot me an email at boergoat@comcast.net

Profile  WWW
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 2:30 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

You can thank our good friend the politcians for the spike in gas prices. We now use a blend of gas that is 10% ethanol. Ethanol is more expensive tha nthe previous additive MTBE. Now, add ot this the sudden high demend for ethanol, causing still hgher prices, you can see why they spiked. Parkerhills is correct, E85 can cause problems with your fuel systems if it isn't designed to handle it. Also, ethanol has a nasty habit of separating from gasoline at temps below 20 degrees, which can cause further problems. we saw all this nonesense in the late 70's when "gasahol" was available. Just relax the rules, have a single nationwide blend of gas, do not blend in ethanol into the gas and finally DRILL more in ALASKA and we would be OK. Thanks o the politicians, none of this will happen.

Member NRA Business Alliance
NRA Benefactor Member

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 2:33 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

im 40 mi. away from a E85 plant the price is maybe 10 cents cheaper than unlead and my flexfuel van gets 50mi less to a tank fullof E85 than on regular unlead

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 3:17 pm 
IP:
Brazil (the fifth most populous nation in the world) uses ethenol almost exclusively. they make it from sugar cane. sugar cane produces more ethenol than corn. brazilian car makers and those that export to brazil have adapted engines to work on that product. ethenol, down there, is .40 cents cheaper per gallon. but as a friend of mine stated, if you want to get rich come up with an invention that'll make gas engines obsolete. the petroleum industry would pay millions to you to keep it off the market.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 4:57 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

the price of fuel will only keep going up if the goverment dont put a stop to it. the big oil companys are not going to stop price sticking use untill the goverment Puts a cap oil them. TAKE IT AS YOU LIKE BUT THIS WILL NEVER HAPPEN WITH MR BUSH IN OFFICE. HE IS BIG OIL . ALL I SAY IS LIVE WITH IT YOU VOTED BIG OIL IN OFFICE SO DONT CRY NOW. I THINK ITS FUN SOMEONE SAYS HEY THIS MAY HIT THE US COAST AND BAM THEM SOB JACK UP OIL 2.00 A BARREL. to me they look at anything to stick $ on the barrel so it dont look like they are sticking use. ALL I SAY IS IM DEMOC------- AND DAMN PRODE TO BE ONE > YOU ALL CUT CLINTON TO THE BONE BUT WAS WE CUTING $ TO HUNT ARE DOGS HELL NO.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 7:37 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

I know they are hitting us hard where it counts(our wallets), As I said before I would love to see our sport grow to national status, where it would get TV time, with the same respect as fowl hunters and fisherman. I think these high gas prices will only slow us down, cause it's slow me down,and I personally don't like it for all of us.......

Profile  WWW
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:56 pm 
IP:
them tree huggers are to blame I say drill in alaska they are comin up with so many alternatives to gas you might as well use it than to leave it in the ground after use make a new fuel.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 6:15 am 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

Hre is a little tidbit for you all. everyone in the media and our delightfully useless politicians want to blame "BIG" Oil for this. Consider this. The oil companies average about 5 cents profit on each gallon of gas sold. Too high for the Senators who say their profits are obscene and that they MUST give it all back to the community? (So much for captialism). However, "BIG GOVERNEMENT" makes FAr more money per gallon than ExxonMobil. The Feds get to collect 18 cents per gallon and states collect 18-25 cents per gallon. In Mass, it is 23 cents. OK, let's do some math. the sales tax here is 5%. So, on a purchase of $20, you pay $1 in tax. However, if you buy a gallon of gas, out of a $20 raw sale, at say $2.11 a gallon (This is without the taxes) you get about 9.5 gallons. But wait, we have to add in the federal and state taxes, so for a 9.5 gallon purchase you add in another 1.71 and for state you add in another 2.16 for a total of 23.87. This gives you a total cost of 2.50 per gallon. The combined tax rate on a gallon of gas 8%, with a full 11% tax rate on that gallon by the state! In other words, it is being taxed at a HIGHER rate than our 5% sales tax! Say what you want, the markets dictate the price of gas, What dictates the tax rate? Why the politicians of course! The oil companies make about .48 cents profit on that $20 purchase while the state gets 2.11 and the feds get 1.71. Who IS making the oscene profit???? This is why I get so mad when the politcians try to foment hatred and vitriol over a legitimate business and a publically traded company. They are taking in MORE money than the oil companies and yet they want the oil companies to GIVE AWAY profits.

Post subject: YOU ARE SO RIGHT
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 6:26 am 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

bACK IN THE 70'S GAS COMPANIES put a little alchohol in the gas to streach it a little or so they said. So we have known we could extend the fuel by using a little alcohol. Problem with using alcohol is they can't tax it. (cuz you can make it at home contrary to gasoline which is complicated) So really lets all make a little corn liquor and run it in the cars and trucks. Don't wanna use too much though. Might get your car druck and it'd run off the road or sumthin.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 6:29 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

I think you are both right, Tree huggers and politians,we have allowed this to happen over the years with liberal ideas, however my party has had the big seat plus both houses. I know they have made some progress with the judges,Tax cut. but I expect more since they should be able to right these wrongs quickly and I'm not seeing it. they have had six years.

Profile  WWW
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 7:00 am 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

The one and only reason gas is so high is because we have to have it so we have to pay what they charge. The middle east is holding us hostage and until we can find a way to be more fuel independent, they will continue to make us pay. Joe, we all know you are a liberal and will blame republicans for every problem in the world but what exactly do you expect the President to do? Invade countries and take over the oil fields? That would bring more anti war/ pro muslim bleeding heart liberals on the protest. Should government cut the gas tax? More bleeding heart liberals whining because of less government money for roads and such. Drill in Alaska? Yeah, they wont have a fit about that now will they! That might disrupt some caribou! Of course he could make the oil companies give back some profits but then when the oil companies cut jobs the bleeding heart liberals will whine about job cuts. So you tell me what he is supposed to do. The sooner our country becomes more fuel independent and the liberals become less government dependent, the better off we will be.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next