ya but ashamed... (shame on you) 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 54
 Post subject: Re: IF....
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:19 am 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

BIGCASTLEDAWGS wrote:
... you're walking down your Upscale Suberb road, with bedhead, in a BrightRed coat with your coonhound in your Bogboots.... and the commuters are Gawking at you And your dog...wondering what the Heck is That and WHY are they here, in OUR way? AND.... you're thinking... I wish I had a gun and I could just sit on my driveway and blow out all those tires as they speed past..... ;) PS- you think if they Hit me and had to unzip my waterproof, briarproof overpants.... they'de crack up to see Pajama pants underneath, like I would?
HAHAHAHAHA! Heather and her BIGCASTLEDAWGS

Hey BigCastle, it is not so bad in my neighborhood most of my neighbors hunt big game, but you outta see the look on people's faces when I go into a convenience store wearing camo pants and a blaze jacket!

Member NRA Business Alliance
NRA Benefactor Member

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 4:09 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

We get all sorts of looks at the local Wawa in the mornings when we show up in camo and boots and yes, I have let my kids miss school because of hunting season :D Elizabeth, I think Ladeeraven would have to relax the "no people" rules on the calendar for that pic. It's priceless! You know you are a redneck when you know the exact age (down to the month) of every dog you have, even if you have more than 15 but you have to think a minute and count when somebody asks you how old your spouse is.

Post subject: bubbasbbq-
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 4:51 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

I used to run a therapeutic riding program in BOSTON. Under the Elevated trains.... Near Franklin park... we used to walk down to the convenience store... I'd be in Breeches and Boots...used to get catcalls at first... till I started WEARING my buck knife! ;) They left me alone after that!
Then again that WAS in 1980... before I got old... :)
Better still- last week before our foster B and T died... my husband MORON that he is... decided to take her for a Nice walk in the wetlands across the St... She started hunting peepers...it got longer... he went around the water.... a few miles... NOW we're on friends land... they have an orchard and they SHOOT lots of THINGS... Uma (the dog) had a blaze orange harness and leash...Bob was wearing a dark brown coat and... EVEN better- a RABBIT FUR HAT! HAHAHAHAHA! Miracle his head was not shot off! can you say DUMB?!!!!
I do meet an occaisional hunter but NO ONE near here knows what a coonhound is. Dummies! They don't know what they are missing...but they sure can HEAR IT!
Heather WIlliam and the BIGCASTLEDAWGS
PS- ARACHUD- What is a WAWA?????

Profile  WWW
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 5:18 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

arachyd wrote:
I think Ladeeraven would have to relax the "no people" rules on the calendar for that pic. It's priceless!

LOL!! I agree. But... it's not my picture. It's just one I found on the Internet.

Lots of funny Redneck pictures at http://www.joe-ks.com/rednecks.htm . :-)

I found it while I was looking for a particular picture called "Redneck Car Alarm" which was of an old truck with three redbone coonhounds laying on the hood. LOL!! But all I could find on google was a similar picture with a bunch of mutts on the hood of an old car. Not nearly as cool as the redbone one I know I saw somewhere!

-Elizabeth

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:08 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

Wawa is a convenience store that is open round the clock (but for some reason they have locks on the doors). It seems like we have one at least every 3 miles. They have hot coffee, milk, cigarettes, sandwiches made to order, etc. Sort of like a 7-11 or a Pantry 1. Some of them sell gas too.

Post subject: Thanks Arachyd
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:55 am 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

Sorry I butchered your name! I must have looked at it ten times to try to type it in right and still got it wrong!
Wonder how the heck they got the name Wawa???? Maybe the locks on the door are for the Robbers who frequent the store 24 type places... so they can Lock in the employees..... Heck of a job!
;) Thanks again, Heather

Profile  WWW
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 6:18 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

I have no idea if it is true but I've heard it is something to do with Native American names and the sound of geese. Their logo has a flying Canada goose on it.

Post subject: Ahhh!
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 6:25 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

Wondered if it was Baby talk for WATER..... ;)
Haha?
I guess I'm getting a bit too tired to communicate!
I think I will now sign off and GO TO BED! Thanks,
Heather Bigcastledawgs William

Profile  WWW
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:32 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

Yep, I was right. I did a search and this is from their website:

"Over 100 years ago, our original dairy farm was built on land located in a rural section of Pennsylvania called Wawa, which was named from a local Native American tribe in honor of their favored game - the Canada Goose. Today, the name Wawa has come to symbolize the very best attributes of our company.
Just like a majestic flock of Canada Geese flying synchronously in "V" formation, we employ the principles of teamwork, group consensus and encouragement in our company. We think it's the only way to fly......"

And then the whole rest of the web page goes on about how wonderful they are to work for until you feel like gagging but it is a very nice chain of convenience stores :D .

Post subject: That's funny,
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 5:29 am 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

Co. Websites.... they sure do paint a pretty picture...
Makes me want to fly with the geese this morning! :) Thanks, Heather

Profile  WWW
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 1:06 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

i seen that picture on squirrel dogs elizibeth

cody