TAKE HIM 10%  10%  [ 2 ]
LET THE OWNER TAKE THE RESPONSIBILITY OF HIM 90%  90%  [ 18 ]
Total votes : 20
 Post subject: WOULD YOU TAKE HIM?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 7:18 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

WELL I GOT A LITTLE PROBLEM AND MAYBE EVERYONE CAN HELP? A BUDDY OF MINE HAS A YOUNG DOG THAT HE WANT TO PUT ON THE BENCH. WELL THERE'S A TWO NITE/DAY EVENT COMING UP AND WANTS ME TO TAKE HIM WITH ME. I'VE TRIED WORKING WITH THE PUP SOME AND I ALL I CAN SAY IS THAT HE'S ALOT OF PUPPY. WHEN I WAS OVER TO HIS HOUSE HE FED THE PUP, 7MONTHS OLD, AND HE TOLD ME THAT HE DOESN'T LIKE TO BE MESSED WITH AROUND THE FEED DISH. I WANTED TO SEE HOW BAD HE WAS SO I STARTED PATTING HIM. HE PAID ME NO MIND. I WORKED MY WAY DOWN INTO THE DISH AND HE SNAPPED AT ME. WELL THE PUP GOT A EDUCATION RAEL QUICK THAT WASN'T THE SMARTEST THING FOR HIM TO DO!! MY ? IS WOULD YOU TAKE THIS PUP WITH YOU ON A OVERNITE TRIP, KNOWING THAT THERE WILL BE PEOPLE AROUND AND KNOWING THAT HE'LL HAVE TO BE FED? ANY FEED BACK WOULD BE GREAT!!!!!

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 7:41 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

Hey Big Daddy~ I wouldnt... It doesnt sound like he is ready..I wouldnt risk taking someone elses snapping dog anywhere.. sounds like the pup needs som discipline and more work on the bench.. Now if the owner wanted to come along... and be responsible for the pup.. i would let him come along.. and ask his own bench questions.. i always tell everyone that doesnt dare take the first step putting a hound on the bench... You will never learn any younger!!! Make the owner responsible.. if he wants a bench dog.. then that means work with the pup every day... and straighten out the food attitude!.. Thats just my opinion..

Post subject: nope
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 4:37 am 
IP:
pj nO i WOULD NOT TAKE HIM!! bUT SOMEONES NEEDS TO Teach him that he can't bite. I like Willy's way on that ! Knock him on the head with your hand every time he tries to bite !!!!!!!!!!

Ronnie Green

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:07 am 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

I wouldn't take the pup with me, but i'd teach him real quick not to bite. I would hand fed the dog for a while and if he nipped me i'd thump him on the nose. He'll learn real fast that way. I have trained my dogs like that before. Now i can walk up and put my hand in their food bowl and they don't snap.

Curs Rule

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=33dv1i1&s=7

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:10 am 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

Don't take the pup anywhere. At 7 months he is still learning and can be taught not to bite at feeding time. Since he is still learning, he could also learn that he might want to bite at other times too like when he meets a new person. Until he learns never to bite at all you shouldn't take on the responsibility (and legal liability) if he bites someone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:32 am 
IP:
If you take him you would probably have to spend more time and energy on him and not your own dogs. I would try to help this guy work on the pups issues at home where things are not as rushed as they will be at a two day event. It does sound to me like the pup does need some serious socialization but I think a trip like that would be a bit much for the both of you considering your time and his needs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 5:45 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

well if ya did need to bring him keep 'em in the dog box and feed him in there... that's about all i could say , but that guy wond learn a thing about the bench if hes at home...