CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:32 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:45 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I've been a pleasure hunter for a long while now and am going to my first ukc coon hunt this weekend in Greenville. I have ukc papers for my hound.. Anything else needed? New to comp hunting and can use any insight and knowledge on what it takes to enter a dog and join a cast in night hunt? Please help. Do they give u entry card there? I understand rules but not what all paperwork etc is needed. Thanks

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:11 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

take your easy entry card that came in the mail with your papers- if you dont have that then you will need to bring the ukc papers. When you get to the club they will have a small entry card for you to fill out. then pay the entry fee and HAVE FUN HUNTING! may the best hound win!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:18 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Awesome, thank you sir... I might be an average man with an average dog or look like and idiot out there. My goal is to just have fun and learn as much as I can...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:20 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

jeeppro wrote:
take your easy entry card that came in the mail with your papers- if you dont have that then you will need to bring the ukc papers. When you get to the club they will have a small entry card for you to fill out. then pay the entry fee and HAVE FUN HUNTING! may the best hound win!

X2

Tell the guys in your cast that you're new and just looking to have fun. They'll take care of you. They won't let you win but they'll explain the rules and you'll get the hang of it. It's a lot of fun and you'll meet some great people. Some jerks too but you'll learn who they are and how to avoid them. I don't hunt to win I hunt for the social aspect. So if I get a bad guy in the cast I just let them be. Generally if you get one of those they're the only one at the whole hunt.

Profile  WWW
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:08 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Hey Ohio, I'll be there tonight. Just look for the bald guy huntin a redtick. I'm no expert but I'll help ya any way I can.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:57 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I had fun, possibly do more hunts when time is free. Thanks for the advice guys..

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:18 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

OhioWalkers89 wrote:
I had fun, possibly do more hunts when time is free. Thanks for the advice guys..

Glad you had fun. Around here the turnout at hunts has been really low. We need more guys to come out and keep us honest lol

Profile  WWW
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:02 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

The best thing you can do is find a Nite Hunt score card !! Any club or nite hunter should give you one if you ask. All the rules are on the back.
Memorize them!!!!
The best way to have a good time at the Hunts is to know the rules.
I would recommend spectating several times first. And no matter how you or your dog does the first time Have Fun with it !! There is allot to learn but there are more helpful men in coon dogs than anywhere else.

GR.CH.GR.NITE.CH.BRUSSEL SPROUTS ROAST
(((((((One of the smartest coon hounds on the Face of the EARTH))))))) 40 verbal comands 20 hand signals !! Amazing In the Woods!!!!
Pm for DVD Video !!

Bad Boy Kennels Offers Champion Sired Blueticks and Champion Sired Blue American Pitt Bull Terier puppies!!
419-969-0001

HIGH Result Training services, Exceptional males at stud, Started dogs and puppies !!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:03 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Thanks wildwilly... Def is a lot to learn. My dog did better than me lol. One younger kid kept calling my strike when my male did and was irritating. I told judge that was my dog for sure. He made us hike to shine and prove it was my hound. Irritating. I still had fun.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:25 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Glad you had fun. Don't let guys like that get to you. trust me they're not all like that.

Profile  WWW
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 3:41 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Your more than welcome Im glad you had fun that really is the main thing!! The better you know the rules the more fun you'll have.