CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:54 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: Best Jobs?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:23 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Sounds like u deserve a check. If somebody honestly cant work im all for it. I cant stand the ones that sit on the porch all day drinkin king cobra on my dime. That burns me up.

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:24 am 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

Yea, but around here I know several live in clans you could say. Some are good people. Just lazy. Mom dad sister brother all get a check of some kind all live under same roof. Kids are grown a$$ adults.they pool their $ to pay the bills & use food stamps for the groceries They have kids cycle continues its a way of life, all they know. How they get on the draw is beyond me. Nothing wrong with them. All they do is hunt and fish. No stress.Got more guns and gear than cabelas. They got it figured out I suppose. I'm working 2 jobs bad back & feet. Just getn buy....there is my rant also.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:04 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

COOL HAND LUKE I know what your saying I see it here also but I been judged like this by people who don't know me and it burns me I try not to let my disably to show cause it embarrassing to me cause I been a hard worker all my life and go go go then get struck down. when your a family man and cant provide for them like you could once do. but most people cant tell because they cant see the foot scare and all the hardware in my back, have had 2 cops try to give me a p.i. for the way I stumble and walk. its just I don't want to be like this and hear how people think I am living off there dime. But I do know some people out there bet the system or play it. just saying all who draw a check are not taking advange.

Post subject: Best Jobs?
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:05 am 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

I wasn't realty talking bout you per say. If u a person needs it Its fine. And the ones who NEEDS it I'm glad they can get it. It just puzzles me how ppl who don't need it can get on the draw and yet I know of people who deserve to be and can't get on bc they worked most of their life already..I guess you just never hit a lick at anything and you better off...
Sorry for getting off topic..I'm done with this little side topic.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:11 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I second the firefighter, been in it for 10 yrs and love it, I don't hunt every night but only work 10 days a month. I do have to work part time to make enough but I do stump grinding and odd jobs so I'm my own boss. The lawn care is great, a guy I know makes 1200 a week buts its only 8 mths a yr. I have learned that a career is what you make of it, love it and money doesn't matter. Lord knows I could make more but I truly love to get up ever morning early and go to work! Been that way every shift for 10 yrs!!! I've seen and done things that haunt me at times(heavy crime, drug, arson city) but I wouldn't change anything! When my wife gets out of school it will be easier but I'm totally happy with life! Its what you make of it!!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:04 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Cool Hand Luke, no offence to you by any means, people only ever see like the city I work in. More than half are on welfare and living it up! They can work, walk, and do anything but to damn lazy to try. They want and fell they deserve it! I go to calls were they have the best of all electronics and vehicles all from a me and you. That's what most see and pisses me off when people who truly need it can't get it or doesn't get enough! I truly do not mind paying to help people like that but can't stand to pay for this idiots that lay around, get knocked up just to get more, sling dope, and all this other crap just cause they feel like they deserve it! I'm all for drug testing welfare cause I promise you more than half here would fail!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:13 am 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

Amen!!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:54 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

We can't keep hands working an entry level job in North Dakota. They make 17$ per hour working 10 days on and 5 off and get paid 365 days per year (paid days off) and lots of overtime on the days on.