CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:23 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:13 pm 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

no messing with young dogs tonight, had huge storm system moving in and made 3 drops with minn and trix. was windy and lightning all around in distance during hunt and bad storms south of here. still cant buy a rain right here, its getting disgusting.

made 3 trees and i think all layups, once again was hunting the garmin not the dogs with stupid wind. this sunfire ultra is amazing especially on huge trees. tonight the green was finding eyes great and on bright easy to pinpoint coons even way up. i love it, brightest light ive hunted with and this year ive seen em all in the woods. wish color was little brighter but keep finding coon so cant complain.

another big tree that beavers are trying to knock down. multiple coons.
tiny single, cant figure out all these small coon been treeing?

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:56 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Awesome pics! I can hear those hounds screaming!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:34 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

:D :D AWESOME :D :D

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:48 pm 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Susie wrote:
:D :D AWESOME :D :D

hey susie! hope weather is getting decent up that way!!!

tonight hunted on and off RAIN!!!!!!!! loving it got over a inch all together the last couple days. of course wind was roaring to but ill take all the wind in the world beings got a little moisture.

first run dogs tracked out of hearing ground catch with little coon. second run tracked out of hearing again drove around walked in and dang dogs were up leaner 30 ft up. thought for sure was gonna be bad but climbed up 10ft myself got dogs called down one by one and to the ground. no coon on outside but dogs barking into den hole. very fortunate dogs were cat footed again tonight. stupid dogs anyway. was gonna quit and head home when trix rigged. turned loose and they made loop screaming crossing under bridge by house and bunch of neighbors cows calving. shocked em back.

headed for home again but decided to drive down minimum maintence road to see if any kids were out tearing stuff up beings its muddy out. trix rigged again beside alfalfa field. turned loose and dogs flew barking every breath. treed .6 mile with single. loaded up went half mile down and dumped again and smoked track with another single. sure glad didnt quit like was gonna.

been starting to see some sows with visible bags, the one tonight was fatter than a pig. with this sunfire ultra unreal the detail you can see of the coons. loving the color more and more everytime out as well.

heres couple trees from tonight got pics of when the rain had settled down.

sunfire green color.
sunfire on high.
8 and 9 year old girls. wore out and neither half the dog used to be but still get it done. lotta miles on em.
fat sow.

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 4:05 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Very cool

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 5:01 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Good looking dogs

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 6:59 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

:D Those old hounds sure do look good~ The weather here~ welp~ we have NO green yet~ :D trees are starting to bud~ ##*%* willows are out~ but really cold up here yet~ :)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:55 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

mnb&t wrote:
no messing with young dogs tonight, had huge storm system moving in and made 3 drops with minn and trix. was windy and lightning all around in distance during hunt and bad storms south of here. still cant buy a rain right here, its getting disgusting.

made 3 trees and i think all layups, once again was hunting the garmin not the dogs with stupid wind. this sunfire ultra is amazing especially on huge trees. tonight the green was finding eyes great and on bright easy to pinpoint coons even way up. i love it, brightest light ive hunted with and this year ive seen em all in the woods. wish color was little brighter but keep finding coon so cant complain. ***i love my Ultra HD,and my color is more than bright enough,,lights up whole tree and BRIGHT,,,My HD has 2 brightnesses for the color,,if you don't have the HD,you may want to send it in for the upgrade,,if you do the upgrade you have to let them know you want the color upgrade also,cause they won't upgrade the color unless asked to do so

another big tree that beavers are trying to knock down. multiple coons.
tiny single, cant figure out all these small coon been treeing?