CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:44 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: fans in summer
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:45 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I have a problem, I live in a little town with one guy that Bitches if my hounds bark for five seconds. I have a old shed that's like twenty by twenty i'm thinking about turning into a kennel to maybe cut down on the noise. if I did that I would put in more windows and a fan, but I have been told that keeping a fan on them during the summer they will get hot faster. There any truth to that?

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject: Re: fans in summer
PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:53 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

I have never herd that, hog houses have windows and fans an they stay cool enough. Is their an ordinance on barking? I live in the country so it don't matter but mine rarely bark at night mostly just during they day. when I'm out there trying to do something or work my garden they really let me have it! So I could see in town people walking by would cause a problem.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:03 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

I think it does help them get acclimated to the temperature without a fan especially while they hunt. Its like me driving my truck around all day in the a/c then getting out to do something feel like I'm going to die.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:57 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

I had 8 dogs last year in a long segmented kennel system with concrete floor and I had a crazy idea that turned out perfect and was pretty cheap I poured my own slab it's one big slab on a 12 kennel set up I did some PVC in the wet slab with a mist system it was little brain rackin at first but I have the in ground misting system and a rooftop misting system and all the kennels r covered with a tin look alike it's either plastic or fiberglass can't remember but it helps with straight sunlight I could give better details if u want

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:29 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

My dogs bark at feeding time and when i'm loading up to go hunting, but its never four very long. my neighbors black and tan is the problem, he barks way more then mine and i'm getting the blame. Shitty thing is the humane society have been to my place and know they are well taken care of and don't bark much. But i'm sure they have bitched to the village and I'll get run off, looking to buy a place in the country atm

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:18 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

I had that problem before we moved the neighbors had a little yapper dog and everybody claimed it was our dogs so I had the mayor come over and listen durin dinner and he said how in the hell could people get that bark confused with a hound bark it helped that his daddy was a coon hunter to

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:22 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

These damn people live a block away, nobody else says ##*%*. irritates me something fierce

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:24 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I had trouble once when animal control came to talk to me i shook my truck so alarm would go off the whole block dogs started barking I asked him if they all get same treatment or was he gona profile the sportsman in the neighborhood havn't had anymore trouble and thats been 5 years ago.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:19 am 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

Having your dogs where they cant see anything to bark at might help.. Dogs will bark at sirens cops firetrucks that are way off no matter what you do.. Unless you play a radio in your kennels loud enough to drownd out outside noises..

Nite Ch Nite Time Cheat
Nite Ch Goose Creek Little Tina (1 w GN)
Ch Wild Rivers Indiana ShowQueen
Wild Rivers Machine Gun Kelly
Wild Rivers Stylish Showgirl (Tide X Queen)
English
Gr Ch Nite Ch 'pr' Twin CK Lady
Wild Rivers Main Street Hooker
Black n Tan
Nite Ch 'pr' Black River Boy (3 w to Grand)
Ch Wild Rivers Whole Lotta Rosie
Wild Rivers Black Pearl

Profile  WWW
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 6:32 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

Put a bark collar and leave it on for 3 weeks, keep a little loose then what ya would an ecollar, this will reduce the soreness, move it around every time you feed them. Also take off the regular collar and put I t back on this will help hold the bark collar at different heights.
The habit of barking at feeding time can be avoided and corrected. The key is to keep the bark collar on long enough so the habit is corrected.
Cut down on the number of hounds, you own. Most guys I know own more then they have time to hunt.

As much as I'm sure the guy is a pain in the butt. I can't blame him personally, the only time my dogs are allowed to bark is in the woods period.

John wick has some good articles on breaking barking. Everyone has different standards on what is acceptable, and what isn't. Make sure yours never bark and then you can tell the neighbor, so.

Sent from my Desire HD using Ohub Campfire mobile app

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 6:34 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

To answer your original post, I really don't think a fan would cause them to over heat, if anything if there more comfortable when there not hunting, they will be better rested and hunt harder when it is time to hunt.

Sent from my Desire HD using Ohub Campfire mobile app