CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:16 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:20 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I took my 2 year old son huntin with me the other night and he absolutely loved it. I found one of those backpack deals that he could sit in and waited for a warmer night, wore me slick chasin dogs around the woods all night with him on my back, but he loved it and I couldn't have been any more proud!

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:14 am 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

That's great, took my niece for her first time a couple years ago and she absolutely fell in love. Everytime she comes to visit she's beggin to go. Hope he stays interested and carries on the tradition.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:28 am 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

MObigE wrote:
I took my 2 year old son huntin with me the other night and he absolutely loved it. I found one of those backpack deals that he could sit in and waited for a warmer night, wore me slick chasin dogs around the woods all night with him on my back, but he loved it and I couldn't have been any more proud!

In other words? you took your grandchild ? and he had great time listening to lies/a lieing dog :: evidently you encouraged that. Are you a Democrat or what???? or just a Walkerman????

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:44 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

1molatenite wrote:
In other words? you took your grandchild ? and he had great time listening to lies/a lieing dog :: evidently you encouraged that. Are you a Democrat or what???? or just a Walkerman????

I don't know MO but how'd you land on this assessment of him. I'm glad to hear you and your boy had a good time. I hope he learns to love dogs, hunting and the great outdoors. Good hunting to ya.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:12 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

In other words? you took your grandchild ? and he had great time listening to lies/a lieing dog :: evidently you encouraged that. Are you a Democrat or what???? or just a Walkerman????[/quote]. I'm not quite sure what you mean by that, but just to clear the air I don't claim to be democrat or republican, and quite frankly it shouldn't matter. Nor should it matter what kinda dogs I run. And I do take a little offense to the comment you made bout me lyin and my dog lyin, I never said whether or not we treed anything, and I don't think that matters. What matters is me and my son had a good time together listenin to the dogs run and that's the bottom line.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:17 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Thank you fordallen69, I hope to keep him interested and in a couple years get my youngest son interested.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:44 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

No problem, like I said I dobt know you but if you're trying to get your kids involved you're alright in mind. I have a 2 year old and a 8 month also. Both boys. I am training a Redbone pup at the moment but next year I hope to take my oldest along. In the meantime he helps feed, bath and otherwise take care of her with me. It is a blessing to have kids and I hope I can keep their interest and maybe even teach them something. Besides, if I can get them interested, momma will let me go hunting and fishing more as long as I take the boys along. Win win.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:47 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Awesome! so glad to see kids hunting especially that young!! Some of the best times I had as a kid was when I was huntin with dad!!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:00 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Yeah my oldest is actually closer to three and my youngest is 5 months now. I don't remember who posted it but I read a sayin on here that said "kids that coonhunt don't mug little ole ladies" and I believe it.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:58 am 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

Glad you had a good time with your kid,
Before you know it he'll be wanting a light, a dog or two, rifles, etc.. It's so cliche but they grow up fast seems like to me

As for that rude ramblings of 1 molatenite ignore it, half of his post doesn't make since anyhow, he's got issues obviously

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:49 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Thanks for the advice cool. I'm fairly new to this site and don't usually comment or post things but I wanted to share that, and I reckon that what he said just didn't sit well with me. But I'll take your advice with him from now on. Thanks, good huntin to ya!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:09 am 
IP:
Site Admin
Site Admin

MObigE, 1molatenite was dealt with yesterday. Won't be having anymore issues with him on this forum any longer. Been having some issues with him on the forum and via PM......He chose not to take my warning, thus problem solved.

HuntingBassets.com - A site dedicated to hunting with Basset Hounds

Profile  WWW
PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:26 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Buckshot you do a fine job running this forum. I know there are going to be some problems now and then but in my dealings with you I believe you are fair. Thanks for this place us younger hunters and wet behind the ears folk can go to learn something. Keep up the good work.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:51 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I agree! Thanks buckshot

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:55 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I took my 2 boys for the fist time thanksgiving night they are 10 and 4 and they had a pretty good time till a coyote started yipping but ill get them back in the woods before long. Its always a good time when you have your children with you. It doent matter if the dog trees or nit just have fun