CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:20 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:19 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

Something that calls us, your ears are tuned in and waiting for that sound. The sound of your hound telling you I am on it and it will be in the tree when you get here. Something most will never understand or have the passion for, But we have it and it was handed down to most of us from someone else. It crawls up my back this time of year, something you can't shake off. My Dad gave it to me W.D. Churchill Oregon. I don't know why it hits me so hard this time of year. maybe it's the Fall and I know the hides will get prime soon??? Two bobcat hides thats what it took to feed the hounds for a year That was drilled into me. with two bobcat hides we could run bears in the summer bobs and lion's in the winter 1970's.

What drives you, the person that sent you into the call of the hounds and the time of year that gets under your skin???

Sarge

Take the next generation hound hunting they are our future. hound hunting since 1973

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:44 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

I agree MSTG. Was bred into me and no denying it. Same feeling I get when the band strikes up and the flag goes up. Tingles up the spine. My son and I have been putting a young hound in the woods by herself. Training her to close hunt for my 13 yo grandson, so some walking involved. Enjoying being in the woods, thankfully because she's just starting and been alot of silence. Then you heard it. That bawl that echoes over frosty air and there's that tingle. No, there's no explaining it. It's in you are it's not, and Thank God it's a part of me. My son has it, my grandson too. I know before many more nights they will be without me being there, but I'll be there in their memories. What more could a hound-man ask for? Semper Fi!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:25 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

I watched a news show and they said only 6% of people in America hunt.
I thought wow, no wonder so few understand.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:14 am 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

Larry D HOOOOAH you know what that means Toe cutter is that the best you can do???? I have talked with you enough lets hear it the call of the hounds, I can't even belive you went there. Toe cutter we are less than 6 % But what made you hunt hounds ??? Where are the rest of the hound hunters???? WHY do we do this if it is not in our heart???

Sarge

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:43 am 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

oh I feel it, my last yrs of work were on the midnight shift. the smell of the fall air would drive me nuts wanting to go turn a dog loose. my post on the 6% was just so I could post something on your thread, it was not to minimize the spirit of the subject. I have slowed on making posts over the last 6 months due to the irritating remarks from an older man that showed no respect for anyone else's opinions.

Last edited by toe cutter on Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:23 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:42 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Hey, some guys are just negative and it matters not what is said, they will put in their two cents worth in that aint' worth squat. You keep posting and being honest, don't let one guy ruin it for you are the folks reading your post.

6%....Kinda' makes us an elite group. Now I'm even prouder to be a hunter! LOL

Trouble is, the news media has be known to tell white lies now and again. More than a few were told about us Nam vets. Truth be known only about 6% of news is true! LOL

MSG...I'd like to hear more about that Bright Eyes light you were telling Buckshot about. Just may have to invest. Good Hunting All!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:09 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

I'm with Larry D. You keep posting and being honest toe cutter. Your advise has actually helped me. Also I always enjoy reading your responses they actually seem knowledgable and not full of B.S., gloating, bashing, or drunking rambling ..keep it up.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:24 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

I agree too

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Ohub Campfire mobile app

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:37 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Toe Cutter please don't let the negative of one keep you from posting as the folks you've helped in someway with your informative knowledge of this long running past time. I myself am new to coon hunting injected into me by my brother-in-law and fueled even more by my reading of your posts and a few others on this website. I've had so many question about coon hunting running through my head and most have been answered for me on here by you. I actually look forward to reading your posts. I could continue on but I'm off the main topic. Thx to all that try to help us newbies with your positive and informative posts.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:39 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Finally, season came in this morning and i get to hear my hounds run the masked bandit again. That 10 day waiting period is like being grounded from see'n your girl. Me & my daughter can't hardly wait for tonight to get here we got the gun sighted in for a clean kill & the collars charg'n.Looks like the weather is going to be perfect things don't get much better and you guys are right take a kid and show then how much fun there is staying out of trouble and hunting.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:42 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Good post ING, made me laugh. Never thought of it as being grounded!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:07 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

yeah, I agree it's a part of us and we do some how I get in our vains through our father's are some one that teach's us about hunting I've lost my first wife and three children over coon hunting but my oldiest daughter came back after 3 month's of being in maryland,she said it was just to many brick's. lol and not enough wood's now she's got the coon hunting bug like her daddy. I'm so proud

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:19 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

Toe Cutter your born again! 8)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:49 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

Toe cutter you have to be kidding me. You and I have agreeded to disagree many times. But I always knew there was no B.S. just two different hound hunters. Two hound hunters that had different ideas SOMETIMES. Don't Leave this board and don't stop posting, I like talking with you.

As far as my knew light I like it, just dropped out around the house, but even on den trees they looked at you. The eight position switch, with four on red the coons looked at you. My son even had a yote come in to 15 yards. Not as bright as the K-light I had with the G-2 head, but the coons look at you. The weather here is finally getting cold enough to get Gaurd hairs in the furs for harvest. but it will take a few years to tell you if the light lasts???????

My question is where are the rest of the real hound hunters and what drives them. When someone logs onto this board for the first time and sees the passion on what drives us it sends a message to someone that is just starting out. Maybe he or she will find a place that they are not an outcast. Where are the rest of the real hound people on this board???? Give it a chance, there are alot more on this board that have the passion. Everthing we do effects the next generation, some kid out there may change his life because someone gave him a good hound or sent them down the right path to a good hound. They just may have the drive that sends them down this path. I can hear it now some have stuck there necks out there and it blew up in there face. But what about the ones that didn't??? There are real hound hunters on this board. What if, where you came from could change someone from maybe to yes, this is my path???

Thanks in advance
Sarge

Buckshot I do not understand the smut on the board????

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:56 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

what drives me is the fact that when our dogs tree the work me and my boy have done shows. dont hog hunt with dogs any more tired of hounds gettn killed. so we took up coon hunting. or more it took to us. staing up all nite on coffee and hunybuns. then walking the hunybuns off. those are good nites i like being part of the 6%. guess we r a couple of bawl chop blow kinda guys