Finished 2yrs to 5 yrs $1,500 -$2,000 8%  8%  [ 3 ]
more 10%  10%  [ 4 ]
less 10%  10%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 39
PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:56 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Here in Ohio a man should expect to pay between 600 and 1200 for a good broke dog. Some are higher some are lower. Good solid, reliable, trash free, stay on the wood, send from the tailgate, split treeing, accurate dogs are seldom for sale.

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:00 pm 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

Preblecounty wrote:
Here in Ohio a man should expect to pay between 600 and 1200 for a good broke dog. Some are higher some are lower. Good solid, reliable, trash free, stay on the wood, send from the tailgate, split treeing, accurate dogs are seldom for sale.

I have a feeling you are talking about two different dogs. If so, how much for the second kind?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:07 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Yeah your right.....the second kind, if performanced and super staked, would set a man back 5 grand if the owner would even sell. This is all just hypothetical though. That's how much it would take for me to sell one of that caliber and what I would expect to pay for the same.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:20 pm 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

Preblecounty wrote:
Yeah your right.....the second kind, if performanced and super staked, would set a man back 5 grand if the owner would even sell. This is all just hypothetical though. That's how much it would take for me to sell one of that caliber and what I would expect to pay for the same.

I'm lucky to get the pup papers sent in before I got to pay a late fee. LOL. But if I understand Performanced and SS, that is something to ante up before you really know what kind of dog you might have. Just more gamble at a shot in the dark. About how much for the second type of dog that is not SS and performance versus one that is? Exactly the same caliber of dogs that is.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:23 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Your right it is a gamble to pay the extra for super staked and performance but I'm always scared not to cause the dog might just turn out to be that one in a million. A dog of the same caliber if it was registered I'd expect to pay 2500 or better. If it was a grade dog less.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:38 pm 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

Preblecounty wrote:
Your right it is a gamble to pay the extra for super staked and performance but I'm always scared not to cause the dog might just turn out to be that one in a million. A dog of the same caliber if it was registered I'd expect to pay 2500 or better. If it was a grade dog less.

So I recon by that the fellows that own Mr. Clean might figure they caught a deal. What little tiny bit I know about them is they don"t ride around the country looking for deals. They got their feelers out and with the proper refference they don't do the regular BS, Whats his ped and can you post a pic BS . To kill up an hour on the phone. They come themselves or send a relyable source dog man to get out of his chair and COME AND SEE THE DOG IN OPERATION. Don't get me wrong, I think the world of those guys. But in the end BS and sitting in a chair and asking stupid questions only goes so far. When somebody calls asking about a staeted dog for sale . Tell him I will jot you down for a date to see him in the woods; and if you can't set up an appointment , just jot him down as a one ,leggeded old frt feller just calling to talk dogs. I will say it again. If you want to know what a dog will do as a buyer , you got to git up offn your as and go find out. There aint no other way to do it other than the BS method.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:28 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

I like how the op argued with every ones post until he got the answer he wanted to hear.

Sent from my Desire HD using Ohub Campfire mobile app

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:13 pm 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

Maximus13 wrote:
I like how the op argued with every ones post until he got the answer he wanted to hear.

Where is the arguement? and where is the answer I wanted? I think the finished dog I defined at the first was trouble free, The kind of dog you could hunt and be proud of and or take to a hunt and expect to do your share of winning. Oh yes, registered but "nothing extra" special.
Then it went from that to IF he was SS and Performanced to If he was grade.
Thanks for getting me back on track because I did ask how much more SS and Performce would automattically kick up the price of the same dog.

LOL Dogs used to be a lot higher in the 80's > I actually saw one check for $7,000. Another $5,000 dog was a trade and booty deal. The deal came down to $1,000 plus a (Ithink) it was a 20 year old pull behind, Massey F 44 combine But it might have been an Alice Chalmers 66 but I think they were self propelled) . LOL anyway, the guy had the combine for sale in the SC Market Bulletin for $400 that had to made up the other $4,000. So you can hear all kinds of things for tax purposes and advertising/bragging purposes for a true to life $1400 dog. LOL.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:43 am 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

My buddy just paid 800 for a well bred pup. I just paid 600 for my next one. The first pup I bought was 200. There is a noticable difference in the quality of breeding in my opinion. When buying a dog or breeding a dog, travel,time, and money shouldnt be part of the consideration. You just buy or breed, making the best possible decision on the dog that you can, doing every thing in your power to make the breed better.

In another words, this discussion is pretty irrelevant. If your breeding or buying a hound, you simply get the best you can find afford.

It annoys me, anytime money and dogs come up. Anybody involved in dogs, doing it for the money or heavily way there decisions based upon money, should find a new sport. The breed would be a lot better off because of it.

I'm not saying you are that way, but I know of too many that are.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:50 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

[quote="Maximus13"]My buddy just paid 800 for a well bred pup. I just paid 600 for my next one. The first pup I bought was 200. There is a noticable difference in the quality of breeding in my opinion. When buying a dog or breeding a dog, travel,time, and money shouldnt be part of the consideration. You just buy or breed, making the best possible decision on the dog that you can, doing every thing in your power to make the breed better.

In another words, this discussion is pretty irrelevant. If your breeding or buying a hound, you simply get the best you can find afford.

It annoys me, anytime money and dogs come up. Anybody involved in dogs, doing it for the money or heavily way there decisions based upon money, should find a new sport. The breed would be a lot better off because of it.

I'm not saying you are that way, but I know of too many that are.

Maximus13,you stole the words right out of my mouth..

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:17 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

Gotta keep it real

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:05 pm 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

Maximus13 wrote:
Gotta keep it real

Keep what real? I thought this thread was about actual prices for a category of dog. Correct me if I'm wrong. Not about feelgood ideology.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:31 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Majority of dogs in my area go for 2-500. My buddy just sold a paid up pup that would tree a hot coon for 1500. I bought passed out when he sold him for that much. The guy who bought him has a super super nice young dog doing it right and is twice as far along but is only ukc reg not perf or ss and is asking $1000 for him?? It all depends on the pedigree, paper work and the sucker.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Last edited by downby07 on Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:40 pm 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

downby07 wrote:
Majority of dogs in my area go for 2-500. ?? It all depends on the pedigree, paper work and the sucker.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Same here. Seems to have little to do with the dog. And whether or not they can post a pic. LOL

Just saw your edit about the SS and Performanced paid up. Meaning the pup/dog is destined for the comphunts. Like a suckling Daughter that Dad dips her toes in the deep end of the pool but won't chunk her in just yet. Got me thinking about two graduates getting their sheepskin that their hardwork earned. Both pay the $35 for the paper cap and gown to graduate with. One pays $1,000 for a Class Ring. Going back to my original description of the type of dog I was was talking about is like after two years of a kid working for me and wants to better himself and I find myself being asked for "Recommenation" from a more able employer. And I about cover the same bases I did with the dog, He has worked here for two years. He is a good worker, he catches on quick,A pleasure to have work here, doesn' t have any bad habits and doesn't screw up. I expect him to become a "Master" soon enough with some more experience.

I do not know anything about the guy with the Class Ring. He went to work for somebody else.
Someways business is easier to handle than dog trading/selling . Once a promising employer gets a resume from one of my employees, they don't call here here asking if he has his Doctorate Degree and can I send a pic of what he looks like. LOL. I'd tell him I'll split the cost of a professional photo , but you must be slobermouthin and broke out sweatin all over. "either grab that waterhose or the dumb bells and work out, Or work on the jawb at the Jawbplace like you was really working and sweating.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:21 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I sold 1 in march for $6000. My buddy bought 1 last yr for $4500.