dark!! 8%  8%  [ 2 ]
1 hour after dark 32%  32%  [ 8 ]
all nighter! 52%  52%  [ 13 ]
Total votes : 25
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:21 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

I have a male hound and a female hound. who have been breed togethor for a while now and are both excelent hunters..WHat are yalls opinions on male or female?? which do yall believe makes better hunter and is easiest to train??>>... I personally like females becuase they are more calm and will usually do better around other dogs..plus they dont go around pss**n on evything?? what are all yalls opions on that theory..??

BLack n tans

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:10 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

In my experiences I believe females hunt better. They seem smarter to me. And for the males the p$ssing thing is of course a negative.

Dylan Crabtree

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:11 am 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

I like the females, as a whole they seem smarter more level headed, and dependable. I do have a male now that i am hunting. He made me keep him. He started real early, and seem to be pretty level headed. But he's the 1st male i've had like that. Females seem to listen better and are easy to brake off other game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:56 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

thank you all for yalls responses...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:59 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

I have a male who is about the smartest one I have seen. He is DEADLY accurate. I will hunt either but it seems like my females come in heat right in the middle of season and I have to putem up, so im goin with males.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:51 am 
IP:
i have both i like females better but i like a male fer when the females are in heat never miss any coonin but i like females better :D :D :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:25 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

i have 2 males right now but sometime their raging testostrone levels and attitudes make me want to call the vet and scedule acouple neuterings... :roll: one of my males (the 5yr old never been bred) is much more level headed than the younger one (16month old). females seem to be smarter and a little more level headed. the last female i had i hunted with almost all males and when she went into heat id be stuck hunting my friends males. and if i chanced hunting her around the time shed come into heat i was also chancing an accidental breeding- espically chancing a breeding to my hunting buddies redbone that has a bad habit of sticking his nose to females butts instead of tracking a coon... i suppose its just a personal preference and what ever is easier on you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:34 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

my female was allowed in the house but i tried to take the males inside once and i had to take them right back out because they couldnt resist the apparently overwhealming urge to "mark" everything in sight- luckly i could hold hiked legs down and gotem out before they got anything :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:02 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

I've have both male and female. With male dogs they are always "p" ing all over the place. with female dogs you have to worry about checking them when it gets close to their heat cycle. I never would hunt a female during her heat cycle because I was afraid of her breeding with another dog. "just never did trust that spray i've seen in magazines"

When you find a dog that will do what you want it to do and are able to over look its faults it doesn't matter if it's male or female as long as you're happy with it

Happy Hunting