slightly under weight 11%  11%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 18
 Post subject: Delete
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 6:14 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Delete

Last edited by Jason's Kennel Supplies on Tue Jan 31, 2006 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 7:45 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

GET A LAWYER AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:04 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

umm, i'm not from new york or anything, also, i'm not a lawyer, but as far as I know, you do not have to cooperate with anything other than a subpeona.

talking for 5 hours can get you tripped up many ways, remember those guys interrogate people every day, you aren't experienced in that stuff.

also, remember that you are on a public forum that is searchable by the general public, so be cautious what you post here, or anywhere else.

what in particular are they trying to charge you with? animal cruelty (however that's spelled)? breeding too many puppies without a permit? having a skinny dog? I'd think if you have 1 skinny dog, and 10 healthy ones you wouldn't have much to worry about.

personally, I'd have not gone down there without a lawyer, or without talking to one first. The SPCA probably has a lawyer, which means you may need one too.

I'd try not to worry about it too much, but do not talk to them again without a lawyer, hopefully it will all blow over for you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:06 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

two sides to every story:

http://www.pet-abuse.com/cases/7058/

http://www.jonsabinprivateinvestigator.blogspot.com/ (article about halfway down page)

you definately need a good lawyer.

if you are charged, you may have to prove that your dogs are in good condition, especially if they are lean due to being hunted. the AKC and UKC breed standards make mention of working dogs being underweight, you can use this in your defense.

I may be off base here, but you could prove that your dogs are physically fit by demanding that they be tested on a treadmill or something similar. have your dogs run on a treadmill, and then have another "pound dog" or other typical underweight dog and see how well they do on a treadmill. if your dogs are used to hunting, they will be able to run much farther. I don't know of the practicalities of doing such a thing, though.

also, if they are trying to prove you don't feed your dogs, hopefully you have food reciepts or many bags of food around for the dogs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:46 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Where about's in NY is Rodman? I've heard this story before(several yrs. ago) near Rochester?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 3:15 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

This lady is a quack. The SPCA kills dogs because they don’t have a home!!! And this lady is putting down a guy who rescues sick and ill dogs. I have hunted with Jason and his dogs and let me tell ya they are both top notch. These dogs are comp hounds not couch potatoes he has won multiple events with the hounds in question. Now does it make sense that a dog that is not taken care of would be the top in its class?

Well lady I think you seem a little depressed maybe it is because you have been killing good hounds and causing trouble for those who care for them for the past few years. And by the look i dont think you have any right deciding what shape anything should be in. But if ever she wants to come for a good nicht run i would love to have her in my coat tails chasing my hounds through the swamp!!! Maby we could put her in shape!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:23 am 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

1st thing I would do is to build a fence that they can not see any of your dogs. If they can't see them they can't come on your property w/o your permission. They were trespassing and have not right to do so. Under the law the only way they can come onto your property is if they can see your dogs from public property and tell they are in a bad way. Even then they have to get a court order, bu they have to tell the judge they can see the dogs and no there bad off. At no other time do you have to let them on your land. If they were in your yard w/o the court order and your permission. Go to the police dept. and tell them you are pressing tresspassing charges against them. They will have to lie and say they were not on your property, or admit it. If they admit it there hung. Then the balls in your court. They usally drop the charges/investigation when you let them know that you know the law. Get a lawyer, but not one from the same town.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:53 am 
IP:
in my younger years i had some experience with the justice system. irregardless of your inocence, don't say anything and get a lawyer. my lawyer once handled a case for a guy. he got a letter from child services saying his car was spotted in a mall parking lot with a young child locked inside in the summer. he informed them he didn't have kids and didn't look after kids for anyone. it didn't matter. they prosecuted him anyway. he got off but had to cough up fees for the lawyer and take off from work to go to court.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:08 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Trust me when I say this....PETA, ARL, SPCA and other HUMANE SOCIETES, will get a hold of something like this and make a big deal about it....then they will make up the saddest sob story to put in the papers and on the news. I have seen where dogs that have been confiscated for a few months while the trial was going on, and be in worse shape when are finally released.

The SPCA is the WORSE...everyone has seen the 20/20 show about them basicly stealing perfectly fit animals to sale!

http://www.thedogplace.com/library/Projects/20-20_SPCA_Stealing_Dogs.htm

All I Can Say Is Good Luck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 1:27 pm 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

i don't know the whole story here but i would definitely get a lawyer. and i certainly wouldn't have spoken to the police for five hours without one.
last year i had a lot of trouble with a neighbor with my dogs. i was turned into the human society for just letting my dogs stay out in the yard over 15mins. i would let my dogs out and then let them in when they were ready. according to the humane society they can only be out for 15mins. when they came to the house i wouldn't let them in without a warrent. they had none. they wanted to see my records. again no warrent no see. these peope continued to call me and leave messages constantly. i got mad called them and told them i was sueing them for harrassment. they went away. i d to be but lets get real here. my dogs lived in the house, slept on the sofa and bed. they just liked to stay out in the yard for an hour or so in the afternoon. i have one dog who loves the snow and had to be pulled in many times.
this neighbotr and i had our outs. he knows he messes with me again and he will land in court.
what really fries me now is another new neighbor moved in. he ties his dog out all day. no food. no water. and no shelter. even in the hot summer sun. and you know what. the humane society refuses to interfere. imagine that. he owns a lab. i am a big bad coonhunter with hounds.

Team Milarken Ridge

we keep kids and dogs on track

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 4:07 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I have had a lot of trouble with my neighbors about my hounds as well. I had an animal control officer show up on my doorstep Dec. 2004 because the neighbors had complained that I left my dogs out in cold weather. What my neighbors failed to report was that my dogs are provided a outside doghouse with hay and when the weather is colder than 32 I even crack the garage so they can get inside their crate with blankets. The animal control officer even mentioned to me that he had been out to my house when I wasn’t at home and inspected my hounds when I wasn’t home. When the animal control officer didn’t find anything wrong with my hounds or the shelter I was providing so, my neighbors found something else to complain about. June 2005 my hounds were turned in for noise violation. I’ll be the first to admit that my hounds do bark but they do not bark excessively and I can vouch for this because I am a school teacher so I was at home with my dogs 24/7 at the time of the complaint due to summer vacation. I was informed that if I received anymore complaints against me I would be sent to court and fined. I went ahead and purchased a couple of barking collars. Around this same time I had to have surgery and was not home for 2 weeks so I got a friend of mine to come take care of the dogs and the house. Come to find out she caught my neighbors aging the dogs to bark. The very neighbor that made the complaint was caught standing in my driveway screaming at my dogs to “bark mother f****rs bark!” hold a cell phone and calling in complaints once she got them started. I sent off for the police report. Since any complaint made is public record you can get a copy of it. I found out exactly which neighbors had been doing the complaining. Needless to say I made a report on her and haven’t had any problems since. Its amazing how much trouble some people can cause you because they believe all dogs should be kept inside and sissified. Hang in there who ever is causing you the problems will get there’s in the end.

Profile  WWW
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 5:35 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

keep us up to date jason!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:50 am 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

mountainmadam, i agree with you. some people will do anything to cause problems. and they do get theirs in the end. the same neighbor that gave me problems was doing the same thing to my dogs. coming over to the fence and causeing them to bark. caught them in the act and told them it happened again and the police would be called. had a new neighbor move in and she complained to me about my dogs barking. i told her she had the wrong dogs. the house on the other side of her had the dogs out at all hours and they were the ones barking. i was polite to her. then she told me that she thought my one dog was pretty but was mean. she said when she had gone up to the fence she had barked viciously at her. i lost my politeness. to get to that fence she had to come up my driveway past my door and way into my yard. i told her i don't go into your backyard, i don't expect you to come into mine. that is considered trespassing. then i again told her to go talk to the other neighbor about the barking problems. i sometimes just can't believe the nerve of some people.