CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:40 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 202 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next

Post subject: 2011 - BAD YEAR FOR ACHA
PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 10:06 am 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

2011 HAS BEEN A DISASTROUS YEAR FOR ACHA. ALL THEIR MAJOR EVENTS FLOPPED, THEY LOST THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS AND THEY LOST MORE CLUBS THAN GAINED.
After the cowardly and underhanded way Steve Brookshier, Roger Wilson and Earl Parker conspired to remove me from the ACHA Board I knew ACHA was headed for very rough times under their leadership and I predicted more Directors would be removed.
MY PREDICTIONS WERE RIGHT ON THE MONEY.
I predicted Mel Malone, Mike Raef, Hurlan Muncy and Larry Toller would be next.
Shortly after I was "voted" out, Mel Malone was "voted" out because he spoke up and said the "voting" process that removed me was unfair because they didn't count his vote. Mel insisted his vote be counted and he wasn't going to be silenced so they eliminated him.
Mike Raef was next but he didn't give them the satisfaction of voting him off. He resigned because he didn't want people to think he was associated with this Board and they way they were doing things.
The final part of my prediction came true this past week when Hurlan Muncy and Larry Toller were blindsided and removed by another questionable "vote".
When I was removed they promoted Mike Heath from VP to President hoping the membership wouldn't respond negatively and would accept the change. Mike was known by the members and more importantly he was controllable. That plan like all of their plans didn't work like they hoped so in this last "vote", Mike was demoted back to VP and Roger Wilson was elected President. (Hey Mike, remember what I originally told you on the phone .... "watch your back, when they are done with you, you will be next".)
THE ONLY POSITIVE THING TO HAPPEN TO ACHA IN 2011 IS STEVE BROOKSHIER'S RESIGNATION!
Despite all the phony hype in Steve's columns in 2011 he could see ACHA was headed down hill under their leadership and he didn't want to be blamed or associated with ACHA's failure so he decided to get out. Earl Parker will do the same.

Roger, I know you follow this message board and I also know you don't have the courage to respond on an open forum that you can't control but don't think people aren't smart enough to compare:
- How ACHA grew for three years under my leadership (even with the "Reject Directors" you guys had to get rid of.)
and
- How far ACHA has fallen this past year under your "leadership".

Maybe you can respond in person later this year in OHIO!
See you there.

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 4:38 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Wow. You might as well call him out in the street at high noon and drag iron on him.....

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 5:35 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

"Quote by Steve Brooksheir," in (American Cooner January2012 vol. 71,no.1) "Let me say come on in,the water is fine at ACHA" I believe I would have the water tested,If their is any water left in the pond to test :!:

Al Brobst
Wheeling,Mo.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 7:15 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

Hey I have a great idea. Let's turn this coonhunting thing into the bassmasters!!!!!! Those that were there will understand that comment.

MEL MALONE
TO HECK WITH SAVING SOME FOR SEED...THATS MOTHER NATURES JOB

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:22 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

HARRY HARRIS !!!!
I will say one thing and I know nothing about ACHA. I had the honor of guiding Harry Harris at this years zone hunt in Mineral Point Wisconsin. You will not meet a more honest and nicer fellow than Harry Harris. If Harry got screwed over like this, it is a damn shame. We need more people like him in the hunting world. Harry, keep fightin and they will fall. I look forward to guiding you again next year and hopefully getting you back to the BIG hunt. My boys say HI and yes they are still Brewers fans and are mad at you and the Cardinals. LOL.......Go gettem Harry and have a happy and great New Year.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:25 am 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

Thank you Matt for the kind words of support.
Hopefully I will make it back to the "ZONES" again in 2012 and if I do I will definitely come back to Wisconsin. I seriously doubt I could be lucky enough to draw you as a guide two years in a row but really had a good time and hunted in some outstanding territory. Your clubs did an outstanding job.
Maybe I can bring your boys some GO CARDS! t-shirts!
Happy New Year.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:06 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

"ACHA" Again holds a Major Event in Kentucky :!: 2012 little world hunt March 22-24th at Summer Shade,Ky :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:44 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

I think ACHA has been falling the wrong direction for a long time now.I remember back in the 80's they started going down hill and have been on down hill slide since.I think they're to far gone now to come back.When you have UKC or even PKC growing each year and they pretty well have all their ducks in a row, it makes it hard to go hunt in a smaller hunt when your not going to recieve anything but a trophy.It doesn't mean anything when you win ACHA world title or even the little world title. I remember back in the early 90's at the little world hunt they had the show but no judge. They took one of the members of the club inside gave him a card to be a judge and told him to not tell anyone. I'm glad I didn't have a dog in the show.I think it's bad judgement on their part and I don't think they really care anything for the hunters,maybe only for theirselves. Just my two cents worth.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:54 am 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

Ky Hillbilly,
Your time frame of ACHA's decline is accurate and I agree it will never again be the "Big Dog" in the hunts. Times and coon hunters changed and ACHA didn't for a long time. Today the competition hunters are after the money.
However, you made a couple statements that I respectfully disagree with. Up until recently "your two cents worth" along with many other hunter's opinions were valued and they had an impact on ACHA's Board. Changes were made and the results of those changes saw ACHA begin to gain a little momentum and actually grow that brief three year period.
The hunters ask for and we provided an alternative hunt to people who didn't have deep pockets and couldn't afford to chase the bigger money hunts and still make a couple dollars hunting. We concentrated on holding hunts that were affordable for local clubs and hunts where the clubs could actually make money and the hunters could earn a little cash and a title for their hounds.
Our World Hunt was the most affordable and was designed to level the playing field for everyone regardless how rich or poor you were. Everybody got one chance and there was no buying your way back in every night until you won. Your hound was more important than your bankroll. One time entry fee of $100.00 as opposed to $150.00 - $250.00 a night doesn't afford you a large purse at the end.
As far as not meaning anything ... EVERY winner of our World Hunt wanted that traditional WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP RING!!! We were the first registry to start presenting that ring and I assure you the people that won those rings value them. As the saying goes ... "they were earned the old fashion way!"
There is no defense for the incident you described in the early 90's and I'm very sorry that happened. Unfortunately in 2011 ACHA experienced more bad situations like you witnessed in the 90's and I expect more of the same in 2012.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:32 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

It is sad to see this happen.ACHA use to be what everyone wanted a piece of.But if you remember back in the day it was something to win in any hunt and a nite champion or grand were far and few. If you had a nite champion everyone wanted to breed to him.Now everyone has a grand or nite tied in their yard or at least close to you. There are alot of good hounds out there but there is way to many hunts.The good old days were the best.Thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:42 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Harry.

I started hunting the ACHA world hunt in the early 60's and continued until the late 70's, it was by far the best organized and attended large hunt in the country, bar none. I started working overseas in the 80's and I'm currently living in Thailand but had a 6 year project in Missouri that just ended a year or so ago and got back into hunting. The ACHA hunts had absolutely gone down the tube, people were having their hunts at gas stations and convenience stores, etc, you can't run an organization that way and survive, whoever the officers are. The coonhunters need someone besides UKC, PKC and AKC (which is a flop for the second time around) but they're not going to come to hunts anymore unless they have the possibility of winning a little money, it doesn't have to be as expensive as PKC but hunters won't mind paying more than UKC if there's a chance of getting it back. The business of registering dogs in ACHA isn't necessary, there's enough paperwork involved with registering dogs as it is.

You've got a good reputation among coonhunters, why not start another Hunting group, get some other reputable people involved with you and hold a couple of good paying hunts a year with ACHA type rules and NON HUNTING JUDGES, you'd be surprised at how many would show up.

Tom Humphrey

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:33 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

thai cooper / Tom Humphrey,

I've been approached on two separate occasions by individuals suggesting the same thing, one even offered to finance the venture but I've respectfully declined. If I was younger I probably would pursue the idea but I'm not so focused on coon hunting these days.
I've umpired high school baseball and softball the last 10 years and especially the last two years, I've been more involved in umpiring at the college and semi-pro level and really enjoy it.

I haven't participated in ACHA hunts as long as you have but I do care about the association and it disturbs me to see it run into the ground by some "know nothing wannabe's" who put their egos ahead of what's good for the association and the membership.
One month into 2012 and they don't have a clue why they have already stacked the deck against themselves with some terrible ideas.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:06 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

CrossbreedCur,
They have been called out for almost a month and no response. Would it take a month for you to respond if you would've been called out?
It's very difficult to stand up to the TRUTH! I'm guessing it's easier to stay under your rock and remain silent?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:14 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

harry harris wrote:
CrossbreedCur,
They have been called out for almost a month and no response. Would it take a month for you to respond if you would've been called out?
It's very difficult to stand up to the TRUTH! I'm guessing it's easier to stay under your rock and remain silent?

Harry these guys like to hide behind dreeses and giggle like little girls. They know they are wrong.

Profile  WWW
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:51 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

I see the new ACHA President Roger P. Wilson Jr. hasn't changed his ways. He is still misleading the membership!
According to his first article in the American Cooner in his first month as President he describes the departure of some longtime Board members as "retirement". When in fact one (Muncy, not Muncie) if not two members were blindsided and removed by another "questionable vote". The same two Directors he was trying to get rid of in 2009.
Now we get to see for ourselves if the remaining Directors are really for the membership and speak up and tell the truth or if they are only "bobble head" Directors and go along with the lie.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 202 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next